Lore Question...

100 Goblin Shaman
So i just finish reading rise of the horde and i always thought that the orcs turned green because they drank the blood of manoroth but in the book it said that the orcs started turning green before that when the first warlocks started to use their powers and that orgrim doomhamer and durotan didn't didn't drank the blood.

So my question is, how come they turned green and had green kids (thrall) and some others didnt like garrosh, since he was in draenor when all that bussines with the legion happen?

Can anyone clarify this for me please? thx in advance :)
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
Exposure to fel magic corrupts people. The orcs were using fel magic a while before most drank Mannoroth's blood, and so were already starting to change. The blood just sped things up all the more.

As for the child question, Garrosh was born before orcs started turned green, and was kept isolated due to being ill as a child (along with the rest of the orcs we found in Nagrand). Thrall, meanwhile, was born to parents who were already green and so is green himself.
Edited by Cirno on 2/9/2013 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
It's from exposure to fel magic. Same reason blood elves have green eyes. Draenei really get screwed in the deal and turn into broken.

Garrosh was sick and was quarantined in Nagrand with the rest of the Mag'har so they were never exposed to fel magic.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
It's from exposure to fel magic. Same reason blood elves have green eyes. Draenei really get screwed in the deal and turn into broken.

Garrosh was sick and was quarantined in Nagrand with the rest of the Mag'har so they were never exposed to fel magic.

Draenei turned into Broken due to the the knowledge of the Light leaving them. When the orcs attacked, they bombarded Draenei cities with a strange red mist (perhaps it affected their minds? Some sort of warlock sorcery to mess with their figures?).

As you've seen from countless manari (sp?) such as Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Prince Malchezaar, Lord Jaraxxis, etc etc, Fel magic doesn't necessarily turn them into broken.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

Draenei turned into Broken due to the the knowledge of the Light leaving them. When the orcs attacked, they bombarded Draenei cities with a strange red mist (perhaps it affected their minds? Some sort of warlock sorcery to mess with their figures?).

As you've seen from countless manari (sp?) such as Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Prince Malchezaar, Lord Jaraxxis, etc etc, Fel magic doesn't necessarily turn them into broken.

I can assure you the man'ari are not connected to the light either.
Edited by Lena on 2/9/2013 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight

But they were most exposed to fel energy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

But they were most exposed to fel energy.

They were empowered with fel energy. They're well beyond simple exposure.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior

The broken are unable to access the Light because of their condition, not the other way around.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/09/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Lena

Technically, being demonic doesn't remove your connection to the light, it just means that you're very unlikely to be using it. Furthermore, there are a few examples of demons using holy school spells...
Reply Quote

The broken are unable to access the Light because of their condition, not the other way around.

This is correct.

Remember that the ancient Eredar society was based primarily on Arcane magic, and had no established knowledge of the Holy Light. It wasn't until they were trained by the Naaru over the course of 25,000 years did the Draenei develop such a deep affinity for the light.

Although one thing about the whole red mist bit that bugs me was the fact the Horde, or the Burning Legion who were surely the true source of it, never even considered trying to use it again. Even when it would of given them a massive strategic advantage. Now it's possible the only reason it worked at Shattrath was a once-in-eternity convergence of circumstances that's unlikely to ever happen again, but no explanation has ever been presented.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/09/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Vegdrasil

In addition to that, those that were exposed to more became lost ones. They all lost the connection to the light regardless of the level of mutation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Is this mutation even reversable?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/09/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Lorthuron

There is a satyr in Ashenvale that is reverted to a night elf by Elune. The draenei mutation isn't reversible by the naaru. So, who knows?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/09/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Lena

There is a satyr in Ashenvale that is reverted to a night elf by Elune. The draenei mutation isn't reversible by the naaru. So, who knows?

Sounds unfair. :(

(Seriously...)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/09/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Lorthuron

(Seriously...)

Elune cures the broken and draenei get druids! Yay!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight

(Seriously...)

No no no no no. I shiver at the thought of how their cat form will appear: cat with tentacles at the chin with horns.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

No no no no no. I shiver at the thought of how their cat form will appear: cat with tentacles at the chin with horns.

They can make it more like female draenei.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Not sure what the deal is with having Draenei Druids. Personally I'm more for it. On the condition that they follow a leader and still follow Velen and they don't succomb to the Cenarion Syndrome.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/10/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Lorthuron
Not sure what the deal is with having Draenei Druids. Personally I'm more for it. On the condition that they follow a leader and still follow Velen and they don't succomb to the Cenarion Syndrome.

I think draenei are more of the "We'll protect what life is naturally there" type, whereas the Cenarion druids are more the "we plant trees in the fire lands" type.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
02/09/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Vegdrasil

That's a certain funny thing. Undead can still use the light despite their condition, it merely becomes incredibly unbearable for them to use, due the whole reaction the light have with shadow.

Well, the only reason the Broken and Lost ones lost contact with the light might've because they believed they had lost it. Light works through someone's belief that it will answer their call.

02/09/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Kassadin

Crystal Cats? That would be awesome. Just look at those models from mobs in The Nexus. Just perfect.
Edited by Osiria on 2/10/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]