I just read Rainbow Factory.
And the official sequel
I will be going now

In the Rainbow Factory, where your fears and horrors come true

In the Rainbow Factory, where not a single soul gets through
90 Human Warlock
In the Rainbow Factory, where your fears and horrors come true

In the Rainbow Factory, where not a single soul gets through

I'd probably like the song more if I could understand what the fel he's saying.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'd probably like the song more if I could understand what the fel he's saying

most of the song is basically repetition of parts of the fanfiction. The story was quite interesting since it gave a nice twist to something that seemed so innocent.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'd probably like the song more if I could understand what the fel he's saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7-EfVZoK-E

Love the song. The fanfic is stupid though.

most of the song is basically repetition of parts of the fanfiction. The story was quite interesting since it gave a nice twist to something that seemed so innocent.

The song came first. The fanfic was after.
Edited by Rosenivy on 3/14/2013 6:47 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
So i was watching some of the videos from Everfree Northwest and i'd have to say, for the amount of ridiculousness that went on, i'd like to get paid to do that lol. Its funny how young Michelle Creber (applebloom) and Claire Corlett (sweetie bell) are and how much money they make. Makes me sad sometimes xD
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The idea of Cupcakes though... that is one story I will NEVER read.

Cupcakes is dumb. Not just because of the violence but just because it was written by a troll. So all of it is just stupid. Just blood and Rainbow Dash peeing on the floor. AND STUPID PUNS.

Rainbow Factory is just as dumb. "Hi we're just going to be obviously evil and tell you all our plans even though we plan to just kill you to make rainbows" I was thinking to myself. It would be way more efficient and creepy if they were silent and killing young pegasus. The set up was okay and eerie but it gets stupid when they actually get to the Factory.
Edited by Rosenivy on 3/15/2013 1:37 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
03/15/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Rosenivy
Cupcakes is dumb. Not just because of the violence but just because it was written by a troll. So all of it is just stupid. Just blood and Rainbow Dash peeing on the floor. AND STUPID PUNS.

I like that it lets Pinkie be more Warlock like. I don't care how poorly it was written. I actually want to do cosplay based on her stitched outfit of cutie marks & wings & horns. :P
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I like that it lets Pinkie be more Warlock like. I don't care how poorly it was written. I actually want to do cosplay based on her stitched outfit of cutie marks & wings & horns. :P

I enjoy the idea of a evil Pinkamena. Just not the cupcakes version. I liked the old tumblr Crookedtrees made. Shame they stopped it. I think I just liked this version because I found a dub on youtube where Pinkamena sounded british. I'm a sucker for that accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrBEE6eZ4-s ( Small NSFW warning )

She still makes ponies into cupcakes but she's not quite the same as the fanfic.
Edited by Rosenivy on 3/16/2013 10:13 AM PDT
90 Human Warlock
She still makes ponies into cupcakes but she's not quite the same as the fanfic.

Just so long as I can do the outfit. :P
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hmm so the other day I saw a picture that had Rainbow dash's "father." so i went back and watched that episode and it was actually there. Funny how i had missed it before but why do you think they don't mention any of the mane 6's parents? As i recall, we've seen Twilights parents in her Coronation and the Canterlot Wedding. Pinkie pie had a flashback when we first saw hers. We saw Rarity's parents when they dropped off Sweetie Belle at her house. But it doesn't go into detail or even bring up Rainbow dash, Applejack or Fluttershy's parents. In all honesty we probably dont know if that was even Rainbow's father. Maybe just a family member, but the rainbow mane is what leads me to believe its her father. I wonder if they are going to introduce more of their family or if they are just not going to say anything about it.

As a referance here is a link to the episode with Rainbow dash's father
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XQeDkCXuhU
skip ahead to 1:03 and lasts until 1:16
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Applejack or Fluttershy's parents

Applejacks parents are dead. Those 2 shooting stars you see twice in Apple Family Reunion? That was the writers dropping a hint

Also my guess would be that the younger target audience would think parents are boring
90 Undead Warlock
and the remaining Japanese cast for the series is

Twilight: Miyuki Sawashiro (Galaxy Angel's Mint)
Fluttershy: Emiri Katō (Lucky Star's Kagami)
Spike: Motoko Kumai (Cardcaptor Sakura's Li Shaoran)
Celestia: Kikuko Inoue (Ah! My Goddess's Belldandy)

Belldandy as Celestia works for me
and Shinku as Twilight works too

however Fluttershy = Kyubey....that one scares me
Edited by Drakmor on 3/18/2013 12:14 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Applejacks parents are dead. Those 2 shooting stars you see twice in Apple Family Reunion? That was the writers dropping a hintAlso my guess would be that the younger target audience would think parents are boring

Ah, didn't catch that the significance of the shooting stars. Although it would probably be boring toward the younger audience, they could put it in like twilights parents. They didn't have any lines or even much screen time but was enough to the point where we know who they were. Makes you wonder what happened to Applejack's parents though, considering Applebloom's age, it must not have happened to long ago. As for Fluttershy, it seems she has been living in Ponyville since she was a much younger filly.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Ah, didn't catch that the significance of the shooting stars. Although it would probably be boring toward the younger audience, they could put it in like twilights parents. They didn't have any lines or even much screen time but was enough to the point where we know who they were. Makes you wonder what happened to Applejack's parents though, considering Applebloom's age, it must not have happened to long ago. As for Fluttershy, it seems she has been living in Ponyville since she was a much younger filly.

Lauren wanted to show that they were actually dead originally. But it was considered a tad too dark. Which is understandable.

In my head canon I just think maybe they got into a car accident. Or well. Carriage accident. Making a delivery only to be caught in a sudden bad storm.

It definitely makes me respect Applejack more. Her and Big Mac were probably still young when they passed away. But they just keep going and supporting their family. AJ might not be one of my favorite Ponies but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

I kind of wish Twilight was an orphan adopted by Celestia. I LOVE their mother/daughter relationship and it's a little awkward that Celestia is kind of kicking Twilights moms butt in the parenting department.
90 Human Warlock
Applejacks parents are dead. Those 2 shooting stars you see twice in Apple Family Reunion? That was the writers dropping a hint

I do wish they would show them in a pic or flashback though.

Scoots & Shy need family now.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Scoots & Shy need family now.

it is quite funny that a filly of that age (scootaloo) is free to folic about with little or no supervision. Atleast Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom have adult figures around. If you count Rarity as an adult figure that is =P
90 Human Warlock
If you count Rarity as an adult figure that is =P
I do not. :P

I know it's not true, but I like to think of Scoots as Shy's little sister.

Sisters aren't always alike or even look alike.

Because they are so different, she wishes RD was her sister instead.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/19/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Killercaitie
If you count Rarity as an adult figure that is =P
I do not. :P

I know it's not true, but I like to think of Scoots as Shy's little sister.

Sisters aren't always alike or even look alike.

Because they are so different, she wishes RD was her sister instead.

Maybe Fluttershys parents are just busy up in Cloudsdale. I can't imagine it looks good to have a daughter end up on the ground because she was THAT bad at flying. But that's what Rainbow Factory makes me think. Not so much the killing kids part. Just maybe flying works as a social status. What if maybe Fluttershy is too ashamed to really leave and go see her family? Too scared to see if they're mad at her choice of staying on the ground?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]