Friendship Is Magic #6

Derpy

........DERPY!

That is all.

People are saying she's next to Dr. Whooves & Dinky... that's not her.

Next to him is a purple maned, green-eyed unicorn, & the blonde pegasus next to him on the other side is that lilac one with the orangey blonde fluffy mane that often looks like Derpy from afar.

So if this is where people are seeing her, sorry to pop that bubble >_>
No that's not her, some peoples might be saying they saw her there, but she is in other scenes as well. One when Twilight and friends are running down the road at the end after Twilight had jumped out of her carriage, there is a very close and obvious gray Pegasus with a yellow mane and derped eyes... :P
90 Human Warlock
02/17/2013 01:24 AMPosted by Wrengo
One when Twilight and friends are running down the road at the end after Twilight had jumped out of her carriage, there is a very close and obvious gray Pegasus with a yellow mane and derped eyes... :P

Eeyup, saw that one. Just I know there are fans that like the Derpy/Dr.Whooves/Dinky stuffs, so just wanted to clear it up D:
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If that's true then wouldn't it still cause the Mane Six to go insane because they would watch all of their loved ones and friends die around them? I mean they're all friends with one another and will always be friends with one another, but I can't help but think that if they end up going insane, their friendship will still stay together. They could turn on the kingdom and still be powerful enemies against them.

Maybe I'm thinking too much about this, or that I'm too tired since I just got finished doing 11 quizzes over Algebra and I just feel like going to bed. I think the second one. I think I'll resume my thinking tomorrow.
Not necessarily, no. It's not like they don't understand life and death, and they're smart enough to know that their roles are far more important than their own personal lives. Otherwise, Celestia and Luna would have both gone insane long ago.
90 Human Warlock
02/17/2013 01:48 AMPosted by Defiasbandït
Otherwise, Celestia and Luna would have both gone insane long ago.

... Kinda already happened.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/17/2013 04:15 AMPosted by Killercaitie
Well, Luna DID go crazy, but that was more along the lines of sibling jealous, not madness from outliving everyone around her.
90 Human Warlock
02/17/2013 04:36 AMPosted by Defiasbandït
Well, Luna DID go crazy, but that was more along the lines of sibling jealous, not madness from outliving everyone around her.

Yet.

Lil' Pipsqueak? The tiny pony that made Luna happy?

He'll grow old & die.

Then she'll go mad.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Lil' Pipsqueak? The tiny pony that made Luna happy?

He'll grow old & die.

Then she'll go mad.

Well, that's why they're who they are.

From watching, I've come to the conclusion that Luna and Celestia are WAY different than Twilight and Cadence. After all, they represent cosmic forces, where Cadence doesn't, and neither does Twilight.

...yet.

The whole "flowing magical mane and tail" is the visible indication of this. Celestia and Luna are, to put it in WoW terms, Aspects. They're the Aspects of the day and the night, and their jobs require them to be ageless. Not immortal, ageless. There IS a difference.

Twilight, at this point, is just like Cadence. She may be an Alicorn, but she's really just Twilight with wings, and a more clear understanding of who she is. This might change, because the writers have clearly foreshadowed that Twilight is exceptionally special, and her name represents a cosmic force rather than some mundane thing like most others, including Cadence. Her real name is "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza," or in other words, "The love of my heart."

Twilight's name infers, you know...twilight. The halfway point between the day and the night. I think as the plot evolves, we'll discover a special relationship between Twilight, Celestia, and Luna, but I also don't think it necessarily requires her to become "an Aspect." Like Cadence, she can be who she is without being changed that drastically.

Though some might argue that love is a cosmic force. ;)

I don't believe that Cadence is immortal. For one, we've kinda-sorta had the chance to watch her "grow up" via flashbacks, and for another, I don't think the writers, who actually consider some of these IRL aspects when they write the story, would allow her to marry, then watch her husband wither away and die. Cadence and Twilight are "mortal" Alicorns, since they don't need an indefinite lifespan to be who they are and do what they do. That's how they're different from Celestia and Luna.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
People are saying she's next to Dr. Whooves & Dinky... that's not her.

Yeah that ones debatable. But she's nearby. Just not in that shot.

02/17/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Killercaitie
So if this is where people are seeing her, sorry to pop that bubble >_>

http://i.imgur.com/8b1D11D.gif</a>

^_^

http://i.imgur.com/GjLYMbc.png
90 Blood Elf Warlock
*reading these comments* Um. Guys.

It's a cartoon about ponies. You can all chill out on the over analyzing. Because I swear this fandom does that too much.
90 Undead Death Knight
Req

It's a cartoon about ponies. You can all chill out on the over analyzing. Because I swear this fandom does that too much.
lol you should see the Story Forum, the forum that I usually hang out at. Down there they criticize every small detail about the story of wow. Based on what's happening now, it's not nearly as bad as I've seen things to be.
90 Blood Elf Rogue

lol, well, I'm a professional author, so I'm very...nitpicky, and I constantly try to read every iota into or out of something, to understand it on "that level." Especially about character development, which is by far the most important aspect of any story, even over the plot. A book can have a weak plot, but if its characters are memorable and you truly connect to them, you will enjoy tht book despite its weak plot.

My wife can't stand watching TV or movies with me, she thinks I should have become a critic instead of a writer because I can't let ANYTHING go un-nitpicked. But my daughter, whom I watch the show with, doesn't care so much. ;)

At least MLP HAS a plot that it tries to follow, which is something that is sorely lacking from most American cartoons. MLP actually has a rather unique way of going about it. Each episode stands alone, is unique and somewhat unconnected from other episodes, but unlike a vast majority of cartoons, there is defined and progessive plot development and character development, even among the minor recurring characters, and they don't revert back to their prior personality in the next episode. These characters remember what happened to them in past episodes and (mostly) learn from their mistakes, which is radically different from most other cartoons.

The best examples of this unique plot format are the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Princess Luna. All of them evolve over the course of the show, on top of the character development of the six main protagonists.

There is a defined timeline and an underlying "master plot" at work in MLP within the stand-alone episodes, and this joins them all together in a very effective way. You can watch most episode in nearly any order and not be lost, but if you watch them in order, you can see the subtle plot development and character development at work. This is a somewhat unique format you won't find in 95% of other cartoons made in America, and as a writer, I'm impressed at how the show's writers managed to balance the needs of stand-alone episodes with their desire to offer up a plot and follow it. They did an exceptionally good job.

I think that's one reason why so many of us parents actually enjoy watching MLP with our kids. There's something there for our kids, but there's also something there for us.
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
02/17/2013 01:48 AMPosted by Defiasbandït
Not necessarily, no. It's not like they don't understand life and death, and they're smart enough to know that their roles are far more important than their own personal lives. Otherwise, Celestia and Luna would have both gone insane long ago.
How do you know Celestia and Luna haven't already gone insane? I mean Luna became Nigh Mare Moon for a long time, but there's no indication that Celestia isn't insane as well. For all that it's cracked up to be, if Celestia is the ruler of the kingdom then why is she practically worshiped as a god and keeps her kingdom around? Why not just be a simple ruler who also has other duties as well?

I mean iirc, during the Hearth's Warming Eve episode, Princess Celestia wasn't around but the sun still existed and rose properly. It just seems like Celestia is just for show. I personally would like it if they didn't have her, but I guess Celestia lives off of the attention she gets. Since Twilight since pretty much become what Celestia has, I can only predict that she will act the same way given a few hundreds or thousands of years.
63 Draenei Paladin
I want to throw a couple episodes to Puella Magi Madoka Magica's Gen "The Urobutcher" Urobuchi.
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
What's your opinion on all this speculation Arch? Iirc, you too like to argue on the Story Forum and you've been known to post off topic information throughout this thread.
63 Draenei Paladin
I think whatever corrupted Princess Luna to insanity corrupted Celestia to insanity right after she sealed her sister away on grounds of the pictures of said sealing showing Celestia with pink hair.

Why is the corrupted Celestia not causing problems(aside from baiting Twilight into using Starswirls's unfinished spell changing the fate of the ponies) I do not know.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I like Twilight alicorn or not. Shes still Twilight, we have seen her change and heck she has so much more to do, as do the rest of the mane 6. Im not worried. :)
63 Draenei Paladin
What's everyone's opinion on my opinion?
90 Worgen Hunter
that it's your opinion and i will not go into a "YOU'RE WRONG, THIS IS HOW EVERYTHING WORKS!" because it's...your opinion.

who wants to bet that the alicorn amulet, sombra, and nightmare moon are all related in some way?
wait, what happened to the ruler before sombra?
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
What if Equestria came into being for the sole reason of Celestia wanting a land for ponies by itself and that without her Equestria would be a part of the rest of the world?
63 Draenei Paladin
If Celestia was to be corrupted by whatever corrupted Princess Luna(If she isn't corrupted already) what would happen?

To the above question I go: Huh!?!
Edited by Archpaladin on 2/18/2013 5:17 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]