Is they Greymane line finished?

90 Blood Elf Rogue

True but this is something new and I feel once Harry or William take the throne it will go back to the male bloodlines. A queen/king can pass down to a daughter but only if there is no male heir. Or in the case of the current royal family to another family altogether if there is no heir. (The current Royal family is the Scottish royal family)

Again -

02/09/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Veloran
Why couldn't it be a matrilineal marriage?

Because it's clear they based the race off the British. Now stop trying to PC up the lore
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Again -

Because it's clear they based the race off the British. Now stop trying to PC up the lore

Who said anything about being politically correct? It wouldn't kill people for Tess to pass down a bloodline.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/09/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Dimented
Why couldn't it be a matrilineal marriage?

If you're using the British as a precedent, there's no problem with the Gilnean crown passing from Genn to Tess (just as the British crown passed from George VI to Elizabeth II).
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Gandred, I think you paint Genn in too negative of a shade. Most of the decisions he made were for the betterment of Gilneas, in his own personal view.

And don't be too quick to propose Darius as someone who values life. He is very quick to waste the lives of his men if someone personal to him is at stake. I don't blame him for choosing his daughter, but the men who signed up for his cause ended up dying in vain nonetheless.

Darius Crowley has a lot going for him then say Genn. Sure Genn wised up but I wager it is because his people are cursed and it is a weight on his soul.

...Or because he/they both knew that those who were not infected and weren't guerilla fighters needed some solid leadership after they'd made their escape, and Genn was the only viable candidate for that position even if he did want to stay and fight on? With Liam gone, and Crowley and his conspirators outed and dealt with, he knew he would be the solidest figure that they could rally behind in such a time of crisis.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
In case you haven't heard, the laws of succession in the UK were changed last year. The heir is no longer the oldest male child, but just the oldest child. Thus, if Kate and Will have a daughter first, she is the heir, regardless of if they have a male child later or not. So I see no reason that Tess cannot become the Queen of Gilneas once Genn passes on.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/09/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Egrem

If you're using the British as a precedent, there's no problem with the Gilnean crown passing from Genn to Tess (just as the British crown passed from George VI to Elizabeth II).

Add in that at least two of the three ruling Queens Britain had, Victoria and Elizabeth I, were seen as some of the greatest monarchs that nation has ever had.
Reply Quote
Genn Greymane is getting pretty ancient. I am seriously worried about what direction Blizzard might take with Gilneas's leadership if he kicks the bucket.

Fixed it.

I doubt blizzard will ever get to the point where they can meaningfully kill of Genn from old age.

It's not a matter of "they can't" or "they shouldn't" but more of a "why bother" - in that already he achieves nothing by being here, so why kill him off? That would mean introducing another character who will after 10 minutes of being introduced, do exactly what Genn was doing.

Nothing
Edited by Seebach on 2/9/2013 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Dimented

To echo what's already been said, this is possibly the worst defence you could raise against people proposing a female monarch and matrilineal descent. Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria would like a very stern word with you.

We have no reason to believe Gilneas follows the salic tradition of exclusively agnatic succession. To refer to agnatic-cognatic succession as something modern also suggests a strong lack of understanding of history.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]