Does Chaos Bolt scare anyone anymore?

1 Gnome Priest
Against a full resil target, it does 80k damage without cooldowns, 130k with all cooldowns popped. Does that scare anyone anymore? It's also over a 2 second cast, even with Backdraft. Arcane Mages are doing ~180k Arcane Missiles and ~120k Arcane Barrages on the PTR, the former ignoring LOS after the initial launch and the latter being instant cast. Ever since they took Chaos Bolt off of GoSac, I don't see what's so scary about it compared to what other classes can dish out nowadays.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I was talking to a friend of mine who mains a warlock the other day. I came to the realization that I'd rather be hit by a chaos bolt than have a warrior unload a heroic strike and a mortal strike on me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
There have always been things that hit as hard or harder than chaos bolt, and there's always been burst that was just as bad.
Reply Quote
It barely hits me that hard, maybe 70-90k, 110k max.
Reply Quote
I panic'd the other day as I got mortal coiled and the warlock was chaos bolting me...

Ended up hitting for 40k
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
got hit with an 180k chaos bolt into an 80k whatever the hell warlocks have thats instant cast. pretty much 1 shot. but its balanced because its a long cast time XDD
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
Either you were in a certain bg that increases your damage taken or their damage done or you're a liar.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/09/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Plibt
got hit with an 180k chaos bolt into an 80k whatever the hell warlocks have thats instant cast. pretty much 1 shot. but its balanced because its a long cast time XDD

Two hits
totaling 260k
people have about 330-360k health

"pretty much 1 shot"

wat
Edited by Mumrit on 2/9/2013 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Purebalance
Either you were in a certain bg that increases your damage taken or their damage done or you're a liar.

nope, this was in arenas

and yes, "pretty much"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
That's a pretty big hit from a single source.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Chaos bolt into conflagration can almost one shot someone, and even reinhart himself said it should bring someone down to shadowburn range and boom. 3global kill
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Judaäs
Chaos bolt into conflagration can almost one shot someone, and even reinhart himself said it should bring someone down to shadowburn range and boom. 3global kill

the shadowburn was also some rediculous number but i guess it didnt matter since most of it was overkill
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/09/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Plibt

I need a name please. Versus under geared I am not able to pull these numbers off.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/09/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Avatarroku

I need a name please. Versus under geared I am not able to pull these numbers off.

Don't use PvE gear. You're missing almost 15% pvp power because of it. My mostly dreadful geared mage has 10% more pvp power than your full malevolent lock.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/09/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Judaäs

This is the biggest pet peeve I have with the forums. 3 GCDs is not a one shot.

I get that it's meant to convey "I died very quickly"

But it is not a one shot.
Edited by Mumrit on 2/9/2013 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

This is the biggest pet peeve I have with the forums. 3 GCDs is not a one shot.

I get that it's meant to convey "I died very quickly"

But it is not a one shot.

i said "pretty much" one shot, and no one takes the word "one shot" literally anymore except i guess you
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you decent pvp power or even if you don't, chaos bolt hits very hard and when i go up against destros i have to save cds specifically for it.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
L2 train the destro lock when they are close to having an ember. They will have to blow ember tap instead of CB or SB in order to survive. Anyone who complains about a destro lock at this point is doing it incredibly wrong.

Also to the person who is talking about a CB---->Conflag----->Shadowburn, you let the lock build not 1 but 2 embers from either A) spamming fel farts for a very very very long time doing next to no damage while still not forcing them to use the ember to heal or b) chain casting incinerates to the tune of about 20 casts without forcing them to use an ember tap. Either way, if that was in arena you're just bad for letting it happen.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/09/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Naijdliz

Don't use PvE gear. You're missing almost 15% pvp power because of it. My mostly dreadful geared mage has 10% more pvp power than your full malevolent lock.

I experiment a lot. I change gear and gems to try things out. Even when I was kicking 45% pvp power I wasn't seeing those numbers. I am currently heavy mastery. Doing close to the same damage as my pvp power build.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Death Knight
It scares me in the fact it goes right threw AMS while reducing the absorb total. So its not the lock in of it self its your caster team mate who will finish breaking AMS then proceed to nuke/CC me.

So synergy against a class that "should" be anti-caster by stated design.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]