I love Atonement Healing!

90 Human Priest
Just want to say that I'm really enjoying the Atonement mechanic for priests. So don't change it please! ^_^. I was a little befuddled at first, it seems every expansion they change healing styles. But I'm really pleased with how Disc priests are atm. It's fun being able to DPS and it actually encourages me to run LFD more! I usually peak at 45-47k dps and stay steady around 30k dps. I'm usually 2 dps spots high that other dps. Also, I manage to score #2 in healing in LFR. Thanks Development team!
Reply Quote
I love Atonement.

When MOP launched I considered going monk just because of my love for healing-by-doing-damage.

I've played WoW since Vanilla, but I've toyed with a lot of other MMOs in that time. I have always adored classes that heal by damage (obviously with other interesting mechanics as well.) I was so happy when Atonement first arrived and brought that to WoW.

I was happy when it was 10 yards and an optional talent variant.

Now, with all the buffs, I am positively ecstatic.
Offensive penance heals!
40yds!
And now it's going to ignore resilience in PVP!

I might get back into (admittedly, casual) PVP just to smite some fools in Warsong Gulch or whatever.

It is my favorite thing about disc, and is the reason my priest is my main.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/09/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Circe
just to smite some fools in Warsong Gulch

Lol, sounds fun!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's one of the reasons I love my disc priest <3 I've been killing rares as Disc which basically consists of me staying at full health and their death >D When it used to be an option I never understood why anyone wouldn't want to do it, I love dpsing to heal.

It's also the reason I have 2 priests and started leveling a 3rd :3

- Veroicone
Reply Quote
It's one of the reasons I love my disc priest <3 I've been killing rares as Disc which basically consists of me staying at full health and their death >D When it used to be an option I never understood why anyone wouldn't want to do it, I love dpsing to heal.

It's also the reason I have 2 priests and started leveling a 3rd :3

- Veroicone

The main reason I skipped it in Cataclysm (for the few times I went Disc, anyway, I was Holy for most of the expansion) was because in order to get it, I had to skip Train of Thought and Strength of Soul, and I just liked that playstyle better.

I was super excited for a brief period in Beta when Atonement was going to be available for Disc and Holy, but then they went and made it Disc only =(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
02/09/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Flintte
I was super excited for a brief period in Beta when Atonement was going to be available for Disc and Holy, but then they went and made it Disc only =(

You and me both, those few weeks/months where holy had atonement were amazing. Atonement is literally the only reason why I'd consider going disc. The holy toolbox just feels better as a healer, but atonement is just so much fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I bound Smite to mousewheel up and literally just scroll up for all of LFR, watching Netflix or Twitch streams, and actually make a contribution still.

I'm pretty excited about the change to healing from damage not being reduced by resil in 5.2. I can turret Smites into Horde in random bgs without feeling like I'm slacking. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
^ Lol, that's pretty funny! It's another advantage to being Disc. It always gave me more "thinking" time. It's worked out well for me since I'm not really good at multitasking.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It's nice to have something viable for easy content =)

Just wish I could get to rank 8 brawlers guild and my weekly alysrazor solo as disc, because then I would never have to worry about respeccing to shadow for it.

Ive tried, but man the tedium and enrage timers.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
02/09/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Tuesdays

You and me both, those few weeks/months where holy had atonement were amazing. Atonement is literally the only reason why I'd consider going disc. The holy toolbox just feels better as a healer, but atonement is just so much fun.

To be fair, Holy Atonement would be hugely OP now with Chastise as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Atonement healing puts other healers to sleep
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]