MoP PvP is so gear dependent it's ridiculous.

90 Draenei Shaman
What more is there to say? Read the title. I haven't had the time to keep up on gear this season. Normally it's not much of an issue, my skill can make up for the lost ilevel. This season though...holy !@#$. The difference between dreadful and double upgraded malevolent is enormous. Not only is this a problem for people like me without the time to keep a main up-to-date, but for others with alts that they want to play. You are at a HUGE disadvantage if your toon got to 90 even 1/4th of the way into the season. My wow days have now come to me checking mmo-champion every day hoping, no, praying, for the 5.2 release date announcement so I can start fresh and catch up on gear. There is a reason WoW was dropped from Esports; gear, gear, gear. The farther PvP gets from winning by out playing the other team and the closer it gets to winning by out gearing the other team is when people stop having fun.

Level out the playing field a bit blizzard. IMO remove PvP gear from the game completely. Give everyone the same stats in pvp zones, and reward players with transmog gear instead of pvp gear. Make transmog gear purchasable with conq points. I know that will never happen, but it would make the pvp community so happy. PvP and PvE are played by very different people. Sure there are the few that do both at competitive levels, but the majority of the population sticks to one or the other. (not talking about casuals).
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/09/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Kailuan
What more is there to say? Read the title

Goes on to dribble out two more paragraphs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
02/09/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Thugangel
. I know that will never happen

you really want people to realize that the main reason theyre losing is because of themself?

they will still blame class inbalance
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
02/10/2013 08:13 AMPosted by Thrashh

Pretending that class imbalance isn't a major problem with this game is just stupid. There is a reason why no competitive gaming circle will come anywhere near WoW and why pro gamers treat this game like a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
02/10/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Paetheus

Pretending that class imbalance isn't a major problem with this game is just stupid. There is a reason why no competitive gaming circle will come anywhere near WoW and why pro gamers treat this game like a joke.

never said it wasn't. it's so dependent on gear and class it's ridiculous. doesn't make my point any less true
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 09:22 PMPosted by Invincible
But at least you're getting rolled by a PvPer and not some illiterate dagron slayer

Definitely can't say that about too many seasons.
Edited by Cayse on 2/10/2013 9:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
02/10/2013 09:22 PMPosted by Invincible
But at least you're getting rolled by a PvPer and not some illiterate dagron slayer with a gurth and a neckbeard.

getting [insert "random" stun] followed by [insert normal stun] with 3 dps cds and trinkets popped at the same isn't any better
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
02/10/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Invincible
getting [insert "random" stun] followed by [insert normal stun] with 3 dps cds and trinkets popped at the same isn't any better

You realise that you play a monk and your class is second only to rogues in terms of stun locking, right?

Not that I disagree. But at least jump on a pally or a dk, etc before you post some junk like this.

you realize i'm not a windwalker, you also realize my class i'm posting on has zero do to with my comment and further more that is also incorrect
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yea gear has gotten quite out of hand
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
you realize i'm not a windwalker,

You're a healer... you realize it's the dps's job to stun lock and kill you, right?

are you this dense? go re read my first comment.

edit: since i know you won't figure it out, cd stacking and the "random" stun dr (you know that 3 sec warbringer followed by a full duration shockwave) are obnoxious and pvp breaking issues.
Edited by Stormspellx on 2/10/2013 11:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94524-unerring-vision-of-lei-shen

it's just getting started, boys (and girls)
Edited by Psyops on 2/10/2013 11:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Basically the first season PvE gear isnt good in arena and you guys are complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
02/10/2013 11:52 PMPosted by Spaceweed
Basically the first season PvE gear isnt good in arena and you guys are complaining.

and yet the problems the pve created are still going on...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Cause it's so hard to arena cap with 0 rating with even just honor gear?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]