fix the shaman heals

100 Goblin Shaman
i hope that some one in blue will read this and mb fix things with the shaman class on healing so i went in on a 10 man hof on blade lord and got blown away by a tree kinda odd no matter what raid i am in i can never get above 50k and even to do that i oomm my self to try and keep up i love this class and i love to heal iv done everything anyone has put on the internet and nothing seems to help i want to see more progression but with how things are its not going to happen i hope enough people will write a post and its un likely but mb blizz will fix something and make my 14.99$ worth it guys please help
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You are a shaman, a class that excels at healing a stacked raid that doesn't move much. You are healing with a druid, a class that excels at healing a spread raid that's moving around a lot. If it were me, I wouldn't be too concerned that my druid friend was way ahead of me on the meters. In fact, I'd be concerned if the reverse were true.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/09/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Ariandira
i hope that some one in blue will read this and mb fix things with the shaman class on healing so i went in on a 10 man hof on blade lord and got blown away by a tree kinda odd no matter what raid i am in i can never get above 50k and even to do that i oomm my self to try and keep up i love this class and i love to heal iv done everything anyone has put on the internet and nothing seems to help i want to see more progression but with how things are its not going to happen i hope enough people will write a post and its un likely but mb blizz will fix something and make my 14.99$ worth it guys please help

ur gonna look bad if you have to heal with anything that keeps people's health above 80% really well... just the nature of the beast, our mastery makes us look bad until the fight is ball breakingly hard, then we start to excell.

at least you dont raid with a disc priest. heroic lei shi it was a disc priest and 2 resto shamans. 40% disc, 20% to each shaman.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
The problem Shamans face that no other healer has to an extent, is reliability on your raid and the massive gap in spread healing(Other healers niches don't get weaker when they're out of it they only get stronger in it). If your raid doesn't know how to stack, doesn't know how to move with you, doesn't know how to utilize your mechanics the class will fail.

But since Bladelord is your concern, best advice is on the first run-over use a stampeding roar(Make sure no1 goes ~30 yards above you or behind) pop Ascendance rt yourself and spam ch. On second runover use HTT drop it ~20% into the run then throw it forward and there should only be about ~5 seconds until everyone is over. Profit.
Edited by Sensations on 2/9/2013 10:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
The problem Shamans face that no other healer has to an extent, is reliability on your raid and the massive gap in spread healing(Other healers niches don't get weaker when they're out of it they only get stronger in it). If your raid doesn't know how to stack, doesn't know how to move with you, doesn't know how to utilize your mechanics the class will fail.

But since Bladelord is your concern, best advice is on the first run-over use a stampeding roar(Make sure no1 goes ~30 yards above you or behind) pop Ascendance rt yourself and spam ch. On second runover use HTT drop it ~20% into the run then throw it forward and there should only be about ~5 seconds until everyone is over. Profit.

2nd run over your raid should be hopping into slipstreams at 11-12% depending on how many dots you can get.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
You are OOMing yourself because your spirit is low. Your gemming is removing 1000 spirit from you, so you can't complain that you are having mana issues if you are not trying to help yourself.

Bladelord and windlord are anti shaman fights with the spreading. This is nothing new. But spread is 10 yards not 25. Blame your raid, not the mechanics of your cleass.
Reply Quote
Blade Lord is an annoying fight to heal. In phase 1, there's actually not that much healing that needs to be done, so that's not a problem. Phase 2 is highly mobile and everyone is likely to be spread out.

What my guild does is that we 3 heal it, but I dps as Holy for the first 80% of the fight. When phase 2 happens, I run down with the other Priest to heal while the Resto Shaman stays at the other end and conserves her mana. At 12% or so, we hop in the streams so when DoTs take him down to 10%, we're already at the other end. Then he flies down and the Shaman does the main bulk of the healing. This helps because she has trouble making it to the other side and so we already have a healer at the other end. I'm sure it could be done with 2 healers instead of 2.5, but some people have trouble surviving to the end so that extra healing helps.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
And on Feng where everyone is stacked the entire time you'll make that resto druid look really bad. Different healers have different strengths.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
You are gemming int, have no glyph of totemic recall and using riptide glyph........ that is your problem right there.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I'd take a shaman over a druid in most fights this tier, though the balance difference is fairly minor overall.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/10/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Eloderung
I'd take a shaman over a druid in most fights this tier, though the balance difference is fairly minor overall.

lolwut.... the gap is massive, no healer in the game can compete with mana tide totem... it's like a raid wide innervate.
no healer in the game can compete with healing tide totem
no healer in the game can compete with ascendence (depending on how man mana you're willing to blow during it, since if you have enough haste and flawlessly get your casts off you can get ascendence to rival healing tide)
no healer in the game can compete with stormlash totems utility

Druids have a mediocre raid heal that they have to stand still for...
and they have a single target innervate...

minor gap right?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
i had that problem with a disc priest and a holy paly
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
02/10/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Imgandiloljk

lolwut.... the gap is massive, no healer in the game can compete with mana tide totem... it's like a raid wide innervate.
no healer in the game can compete with ascendence (depending on how man mana you're willing to blow during it, since if you have enough haste and flawlessly get your casts off you can get ascendence to rival healing tide)

minor gap right?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole?s=t
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/10/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Imgandiloljk

minor gap right?

Having healed heroic progression on both a resto shaman and a resto druid this tier, I can confirm this much; I felt safer on my druid healing static damage, but I feel much much MUCH safer on my shaman using cooldowns. Tranquility is poop.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
My only experience is normal but shaman I believe have so many more perks. I raid 10man 2 healing most of the time with a Druid. He is way more geared, experienced and talented then I and out heals me most fights. But for example will of the emperor and stone guard I can out heal him. Ascendance and healing tide vs his tranquility, I always win for emergency heals. Plus a good rotation of riptide, healing wave x2/3, chain heal still gives him a good run for his money in most fights where we all cannot just rely upon stacking and aoe heals. (Glyph of chaining, I found was a good way to control myself from spamming chain heal and wasting mana)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
02/10/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Aoprah
You are OOMing yourself because your spirit is low. Your gemming is removing 1000 spirit from you, so you can't complain that you are having mana issues if you are not trying to help yourself.

It's worse than that. He is a JC, and could be putting +480 spirit gems in his sockets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
We two heal as disc/shaman - our third is either another shaman or a druid.

There is security in healing with a shaman because resto shaman have a large sack of "oh crap" buttons that cover nearly everything (crap everyone is suddenly at 20% health to crap the healers are oom to heroism and stormlash).

I maintain that shaman is the class that I'd pick first as a healing partner (and our ten man has had serious toon shake up over this tier, we have had every healing class healing as some point - monk/disc/holy, druid, shaman, shaman, pally, druid separated by player behind the toon - from our first H Doggies kill with four healers monk, shaman, pally, druid to our most recent progression kill of H Will with discipline/shaman. The only person who has been consistently on the same toon for healing is our shaman - in fact we sometimes two heal as discipline plus two shaman - our third healer spot assigned according to what that fight mechanics favor - elemental/tree vs. boomkin/resto shaman).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Fix shaman heals?

I'll assume OP means > BUFF. Big buff.

If that's the case, your cooldowns need to be gutted. Something tells me you'd rather have those CDs. Best. In. Game. Resto Shamans are without a doubt the best friend of every other healer. We all want a resto shaman as a partner. fact.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
In order to fix the Shaman heals, they'd have to all be redesigned and have a lot of your Cooldowns completely removed from the game (or turned into talents that you'd have to choose from, rather than getting them baseline).

Also, you have to remember that PvP also factors into things. Right now, Discipline is a little too OP in PvE, but very underpowered in PvP. Right now, Resto Shaman (and even Elemental Shaman) are ridiculously good in PvP, even if they're not all that spectacular in PvE healing.

I think when 5.2 comes, and Discipline's blanket-shielding with Spirit Shell is no longer so powerful, you'll see Shaman heals shine once again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You had me up until "make my 14.99 worth it"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]