Enhancement vs Ret

100 Blood Elf Hunter
I can't decide what to level next, I'm leaning towards an enhance shaman and a ret pally for both pve and pvp. Any advice between these classes or suggestions for a different class?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
well it depends. What do you want to do? Do you like off healing and support? because thats what youll get with these 2 specs. If not, then it depends on what role you are looking to fill.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I'd rather focus mainly on doing damage, but I'd also like to have a little support.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret and Enhance are damage-dealing specs, but in PvP they have a lot of their support tied to healing. Ret in particular has a lot to do with helping teammates. Other classes like rogue are more about controlling your enemy.

Ret is getting some nice buffs in the upcoming patch and should be pretty good in arena. It'll still be a little bit squishy, though -- you'd really have to know how to play your class to survive well. I can't speak as much about Enhance, but it's not a super desirable arena spec compared to, say, Frost Mage.

Neither Ret nor Enhance is wanted by most RBG groups. Melee in general (outside of Frost DK) are usually not wanted. I hope I'm not being too specific here? I tend to think about endgame.
Edited by Hafleur on 2/9/2013 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Enhance are really good in PvE. Ret is middle of the road. They're both bad at PvP, but like it was said before, it is getting buffed.

I say play both to 60 and see which one tickles your fancy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]