Don't make chi torpedo replace roll

90 Human Monk
Just thought this would be a good idea. Maybe it consumes a roll charge but still leave it up to the player to decide whether he needs to chi torpedo or roll. I like this ability for its survivability but when on the offensive I often torpedo past my target and have to backtrack.

I know xuen is the best option but Blizzards intent on these talent trees was to give people choices. Right now there is no choice. I would replace xuen with something that kept me alive but didn't hinder my ability to stay on target.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Just thought this would be a good idea. Maybe it consumes a roll charge but still leave it up to the player to decide whether he needs to chi torpedo or roll. I like this ability for its survivability but when on the offensive I often torpedo past my target and have to backtrack.

I know xuen is the best option but Blizzards intent on these talent trees was to give people choices. Right now there is no choice. I would replace xuen with something that kept me alive but didn't hinder my ability to stay on target.

The only issue I have with CT is that it breaks my incaps, which makes a well placed 8 second incap useless. Now granted I can just move a bit then Ct, but in threes if I need to get away from another melee/out of LoS, I need to roll that second.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Make chi torpedo cost 2 chi
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/09/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Boqus
Make chi torpedo cost 2 chi

Even at 2AM there's trolls.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I agree, Chi Torpedo and Roll should be 2 separate abilities but on SHARED CD

I like Chi Torpedo when I'm doing dungeons/raiding/pvp because the extra healing is nice and happens to be very strong if it hits a lot, but I hate the look of it...it's really stupid to be honest!

I would like to be able to Roll when I'm in cities or when I'm not trying to heal or damage or whatever...also, the breaking Paralysis part sucks too, I do it ALL the time in PVP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/10/2013 09:07 PMPosted by Trudy
the breaking Paralysis part sucks too, I do it ALL the time in PVP.

Lol yea same. I also am in the habit of casting expel harm right after I paralysis(sometimes I get that cd off right before I die, so I try to heal). I gotta learn to run a little bits away buff using either move.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/11/2013 07:11 AMPosted by Reflëct
the breaking Paralysis part sucks too, I do it ALL the time in PVP.

Lol yea same. I also am in the habit of casting expel harm right after I paralysis(sometimes I get that cd off right before I die, so I try to heal). I gotta learn to run a little bits away buff using either move.

I've done that a few times, to prevent it just throw a few orbs down or soothing>Zen focus>Surging. It heals for a ton if you're about to die. (Zen focus doubles the amount of heals surging does, for the same mana cost too.)
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Reflëct
I like this ability for its survivability but when on the offensive I often torpedo past my target and have to backtrack.

Honestly, my only problem with your post. This happens with Roll too, it wouldn't matter which you used.
Otherwise, carry on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/14/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Liriana
I like this ability for its survivability but when on the offensive I often torpedo past my target and have to backtrack.

Honestly, my only problem with your post. This happens with Roll too, it wouldn't matter which you used.
Otherwise, carry on.

Torpedo travels further than roll though.

On topic, they could do this if they simply made them share charges between the two.
Reply Quote
I enjoy Chi Torpedo'ing away in WPvP only to aggro everything within a mile.
Reply Quote
this is a good point. After seeing some of other classes talents it makes me mad that we get such bad talents, and there only being one good choice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]