Fluxfire Feline replacement suggestions

100 Tauren Hunter
Ok, so FFF S/S has been a staple of my tamer dailies for all of 5.1. Since it looks like it will be pretty useless in 5.2, I have been playing with some potential replacements. Nothing is a slam dunk, but here are the best situational ones I have found.

Cogblade raptor S/S breed
Enchanted Broom S/S (upgraded to rare)
Darkmoon Tonk
Darkmoon Zep
Feline Familiar (upgraded to rare)

Gonna miss the simplicity and speed of using FFF in every battle. But I guess that's the nature of being OP.

Any other suggestions?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I will probably switch between the Broom and the Zeppelin, with a chance of maybe some Warbot action.

If you had Mini Thor, well... then Mini Thor.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
02/09/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Simca
maybe some Warbot action.

He is next on my list to upgrade! Curse you, ever-elusive mech stone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
If you only play super strong pets you'll never learn to be a good pet battler.

FFF was just over the top OP the way most people played it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

He's not asking about it for pvp battles. It's perfectly reasonable to want to use high powered pets to make killing Legendary NPC pets with only two pets easier. Especially ones you kill every single day.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

He's not asking about it for pvp battles. It's perfectly reasonable to want to use high powered pets to make killing Legendary NPC pets with only two pets easier. Especially ones you kill every single day.

Definitely. I can win every tamer fight with Anubisath Idol + anything else, but it takes YEARS. It's way easier to use Fluxfire Feline and roflstomp their team.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
02/09/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Sibenice

Yup. Just looking for efficient tamer destruction. FFF is very effficient.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Qiraji Guardling is going to be nice for pve once it becomes available.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
I love my DM zep, it's been staple since day 1. Decoy is great for leveling purposes as well
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/09/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Primuslazen
Qiraji Guardling is going to be nice for pve once it becomes available.

True story - it has great breeds too. So far I've seen P/P, S/S, and H/P on the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/09/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Stygimoloch
Yup. Just looking for efficient tamer destruction. FFF is very effficient.

I usually use 2 dragon whelps for efficiency. You don't run into a whole lot of human attacks there. Onyxia whelping has both defensive and offensive, can solo many trainers if you know the rotation. (I do this if I get lazy).

Netherwhelp (?) / Sprite Darter Hatchling might be fun with Equalize move too if those new bosses will have thousands of hp's.
Reply Quote
12 Gnome Mage
i have been playing around and thinking about this too

i like the 325 speed robo-chick (see my pet list) and enchanted broom that has 325 speed too
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
With the Pandaren Tamers (non Spirits) I use almost exclusively An Oily Slimeling, Crow and FFF, usuallyusing just 1 pet each Tamer. Nishi is a bit different, I solo her with my Pandaren Water Spirit and get some free levels for a lowbie.

Before the FFF was 25, I used Grunty and Lil' XT without too much trouble and I imagine since the PVP whinepatrol has whined the FFF into the nerfmachine that Grunty and Lil'XT (or any of the other various 25s I have) will do just fine.

But honestly, I'm about done with PVP !@#$% fests spoiling my PvE fun in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
02/11/2013 04:56 AMPosted by Chibipriest
But honestly, I'm about done with PVP !@#$% fests spoiling my PvE fun in this game.

Are you new to mmos? There will always be balance changes. And don't think that fff was only changed because pvp. It was clearly op.
Edited by Hearus on 2/11/2013 5:13 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]