Pala Hit/Exp PvE

100 Human Paladin
While you don't NEED to cap hit/exp, it's highly recommended because by doing so, you smooth your damage intake, reducing the frequency of dangerous spike damage. If you have great healers (as would be expected in a guild like Despoina's guild), then they are probably very good at reacting to those spikes. Other healers may not be as good.

I like to go the route of minimizing the emergency attention healers need to pay to me, and the emergency use of CDs due to a spike or failure to generate holy power. While you can cover those cases with those solutions, I feel it's better to simply cap hit and exp. Psychologically, it eases things for you too, because you know after pressing CS/Judgement/GCAS 3 times, you can ShoR. You don't actually have to look to see if you missed. Simply put, missing sucks, and not missing gives you more attention to do something else, like check your surroundings again or see if a raid member needs a Hand spell.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you, I believe it's important also, I just normally dont like gemming expertise. Now if my coin/RnG 10 man loot would be on our side.. we might see another conq shoulder/helm instead of the 10th vanq token that gets DE'd.
Edited by Despoina on 2/13/2013 11:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/13/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Despoina
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you, I believe it's important also, I just normally dont like gemming expertise. Now if my coin/RnG 10 man loot would be on our side.. we might see another conq shoulder/helm instead of the 10th vanq token that gets DE'd.

Damn, you are more cursed for gear than me (although I'm a 25-man tank). Your only hope of shedding 1%+ hit would be to get a new, different piece of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ye, I take what I get, I'd have less hit if I reforge my gloves instead of the dodge.. but even then I'm still like .7% over hit. I get more expertise outta the dodge. Only thing that will get me close to cap is replacing my current shoulders with tier and reforging my gloves again.
Edited by Despoina on 2/13/2013 11:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/13/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Despoina

I didn't like gemming expertise when MoP came out either, but...times change, we adapt to new things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]