DK Blood DW Tanking

90 Night Elf Death Knight
02/13/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Foiblesqt
Blood was better because of DS's heal for the burst magic damage, and having VB as an extra all around cooldown.

Acclimation beat out the DS heal (which wasn't great) on aura fights. Yeah, not many people spec'd for it because you gave up Killing Machine to get it, but tank damage was junk anyway and Icy Slam meant you made more threat than you ever needed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You could also get it fairly easily if you went with 2H frost, since that freed up NoCS and ToT. The damage was worse than DW, but hey, you could Shadowmourne.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
02/13/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Foiblesqt
Prot Warriors used to be able to dual wield and many would wear two weapons around town for looks. If you're going to be an !@#, at least be correct.

dual wield prot with 2 of the slow swords from nax was ridiculous dps on Loatheb, I remember doing like, 8-9k (Which, was insane for tanks)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I really don't know why they took it away from prot.

They've changed all of our main abilities to require a shield anyway
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
I really don't know why they took it away from prot.

They've changed all of our main abilities to require a shield anyway

At least there aren't dw prot tanks in lfr and lfd.
Reply Quote
You could also get it fairly easily if you went with 2H frost, since that freed up NoCS and ToT. The damage was worse than DW, but hey, you could Shadowmourne.

This is actually the build I used - to be fair, it was Shadow's Edge, not Shadowmourne, but the idea was the same.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm going to get some one hand tank weapons and DW tank in dungeons just to make you guys mad.

See you in the 5mans! :D
Reply Quote
Well, to be fair, in dungeons most of your damage comes from diseases and blood boil anyway, so... go nuts, I guess?

(I find that between autoattacks, BB, D&D, BP, and FF I only have about 30% of my damage coming from weapon strikes.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]