A team for Lil' K.T.?

90 Goblin Death Knight
Hey all. I've decided to start training up Lil' K.T. because I love him as a pet and walking around with him fits my character too well.

I'm a bit at a loss as to what other pets I should use to back him up, though. Any ideas on strategy/comp? Mainly just looking for a good, solid team that I can walk around with. Bonus points if the comp can involve other undead pets.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Lil K.T. I use in my 'lil' team with Lil Rag and Lil XT. Pretty solid team with a nice mix of different types of pets (undead, elemental and mechanical). Also have paired him with Mr. B and my idol a couple times then the idol turns into my tank character due to sandstorm / reflect while the other two are my 'heavy hitters'.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Thanks for the reply. :)

Unfortunately I can't buy any more of the Blizz Store pets, so Lil' Rag and XT are out of the question. I'll take a page from your book, and try out Mr. B once I get it, along with perhaps the Jade Oozeling for a tank.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hey Tad, I know of a way to use your Lil' KT to its full potential.

It revolves around his course of doom. You put it on your target. This is the important part the turn before it goes off you have a pet who amps up your teams damage by 50% or 100%. Lot's of magic pets and a few elemental pets have this ability.

When it goes of it will so some crazy damage plus it doesn't consume the damage buff so your next attack will also be hitting hard. It's the most effective way to use em I think.

I'll be building a team around him, If your still interested I can get back to you in a few days if you want something a tad more concrete.
Edited by Annimositty on 2/11/2013 12:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Also, when his Curse of Doom goes off, have siphon life on the target. If the pet dies (it will if you use Annimositty's damage trick and it takes some damage beforehand) the damage from the curse will HEAL lil'KT. Very easy way to get him ready for next pet.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Wow, thanks guys. I'm giddy just thinking about that combo.

That said, how about this? Start with K.T., put up Curse of Doom, then Siphon Life. Afterward switch to Giant Sewer Rat, put up Poison Fang, and then Stampede. By then Curse of Doom should go off during the Stampede.

Think this would work?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
They are nerfing Affliction next patch so that it won't heal you for the explosion of CoD. He might just be better off with his elemental moves.

I did that magic amped CoD for a while, it only works if you are vs a stall team. 5 turns gives people plenty of time to dodge the curse. Apparently lift-off (which almost every dragon/flying) have dodges the curse explosion, not sure if bug or intended.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wow, thanks guys. I'm giddy just thinking about that combo.

That said, how about this? Start with K.T., put up Curse of Doom, then Siphon Life. Afterward switch to Giant Sewer Rat, put up Poison Fang, and then Stampede. By then Curse of Doom should go off during the Stampede.

Think this would work?

It's a solid plan, it will prob work the first time vs a new opponent but prob not the second. But you will still be forcing a swap which can really work in your favor since they will just swap into a Swarm . It's good cuz once your done with it you can wail on him and if he swaps again to avoid the 100% dmg he's just making it worse for himself. Plus if ur rat gets stunned it helps you out since you will break out swarm due to critters racial and be able to attack even sooner.

p.s You want a Speed rat BTW.
Edited by Annimositty on 2/13/2013 5:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ok so I think
I have made a strong team with Lil' KT for you.

Lil' KT- Shadow Claw, Siphon Life, and Curse of Doom
Crimson Geode (Breed 4 power breed)- Feedback, Amp Magic, Elementium Bolt

Fawn (breed 5,15 speed breed)- Stamped, Natures Ward, and Headbutt

This teams made so you can start with any 3 off these guys and still follow a strategy.

Lil' KT will almost always just drop a doom, siphon, and swap (u might want to keep him in and just claw if the pet ur facing posses no threat). Swap him out for either Crimson Geode or Fawn.

(best chose Geode if he swaps pet)
If u chose Geode you can either Amp, Feedback. Elementium bold Amp (to amplify both the curse and the bolt when it lands). Almost anything depending on the situation as long as you Ampligy Magic b4 doom hits.

(best chose Fawn if he doesn't swap)
Your goal is to stamped for doom. When it end you can headbutt for double damage and a possibility to stun (yay). Know its important to use natures ward carefully. Most the times you will want to drop a natures ward b4 you stamped to ur regening HP but remeber u will be weak vs water attacks since the way you take damage changes. This can help you (no double damage from beast) or hurt you (double dmage from water). This way though u chose what hits you hard and benefit from critter racial.

enjoy!
Edited by Annimositty on 2/13/2013 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Ok so I think
I have made a strong team with Lil' KT for you.

Lil' KT- Shadow Claw, Siphon Life, and Curse of Doom
Crimson Geode (Breed 4 power breed)- Feedback, Amp Magic, Elementium Bolt

Fawn (breed 5,15 speed breed)- Stamped, Natures Ward, and Headbutt

This teams made so you can start with any 3 off these guys and still follow a strategy.

Lil' KT will almost always just drop a doom, siphon, and swap (u might want to keep him in and just claw if the pet ur facing posses no threat). Swap him out for either Crimson Geode or Fawn.

(best chose Geode if he swaps pet)
If u chose Geode you can either Amp, Feedback. Elementium bold Amp (to amplify both the curse and the bolt when it lands). Almost anything depending on the situation as long as you Ampligy Magic b4 doom hits.

(best chose Fawn if he doesn't swap)
Your goal is to stamped for doom. When it end you can headbutt for double damage and a possibility to stun (yay). Know its important to use natures ward carefully. Most the times you will want to drop a natures ward b4 you stamped to ur regening HP but remeber u will be weak vs water attacks since the way you take damage changes. This can help you (no double damage from beast) or hurt you (double dmage from water). This way though u chose what hits you hard and benefit from critter racial.

enjoy!

Wow, thanks. :)

I will have to try this. My previous idea since making this thread (K.T., Oozeling, Lofty Libram) hasn't been working too well. Just the other day I lost four times in a row to a 3x Mr. Bigglesworth team. Kinda getting me down because it seems like I can't come up with a decent team that can win regularly. [No Time to Heal] is a long way off.

But this one looks promising. I will get to work catching some fawns and geodes. Thanks again.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If you are looking for other undead pets, the infected squirrel may be a good look. It has your stampede, but also rabid strike (not sure if those damage debuffs stack), plus what would then become a nice big diseased bite at the end, or added dots from shrooms if you wanted.

Spirit Crab is an undead with amplify magic, which is 50% increased damage for 2 rounds, plus dark simulacrum is always fun to mess around with.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
His defense is weak, so I'd pair him with some magical pet that can amplify and has defensive cooldowns. The one I used him with for a while was mana wyrmling (although there are better ods). You get a nice reflect for extra defense, a racial, and a pet that will also amplify curse of doom to hit for 1000+.

But be ware there are moves that for some reason dodge curse of doom explosion such as lift off, etc... Seems like a bug, but you never know. With siphon life being nerfed next patch CoD might not be that fun anymore, will have to see.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/13/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Arythra
Spirit Crab is an undead with amplify magic, which is 50% increased damage for 2 rounds, plus dark simulacrum is always fun to mess around with.

Glad you mentioned this guy, he is also an option i was thing about. He has his ups and his downs. Whirlpool is a great root and the HP breed is very tanky. Of course running two of the same family also carrys it's own risks. I leveled like 5 pets to make this team and tested many others, but I would def try this guy out if u get the time.

His defense is weak, so I'd pair him with some magical pet that can amplify and has defensive cooldowns. The one I used him with for a while was mana wyrmling (although there are better ods). You get a nice reflect for extra defense, a racial, and a pet that will also amplify curse of doom to hit for 1000+.

I thought the same thing Kenpo but this is a bad idea for so many reasons -.-. First there is only one breed for this lil guy and it sucks. No damage, no speed and to much health for a magic pet. His damage output is weak and dragons are everywhere, 2 tail whips and he's dead (along with all the conflag teams running around with their scorched earth) he just gets wrecked fast. If there was a speed breed or a attack pwer breed he might be worth it but there isn't T-T. Plus reflects getting gutted soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is my last post here hit me up if you have any questions, comments, concerns

Insane#1713
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]