On the money. Post from AJ front page

90 Human Mage
Enshadowed: What is your opinion on Mists of Pandaria?

Flyn: Well, firstly I think Cataclysm was 2 steps backwards from WotLK - it had a few good changes in it and some good implemented features, but ultimately I think it wasn't a successful expansion, at least not in PvP. I think MoP is a step forward from Cataclysm, but we're still not at WotLK's level yet. I think there are some major issues with the game that the sevelopers seem to want to continue pushing onto the community in hopes that they'll change their minds. I don't like the fact that Casters and Healers barely cast at all anymore (this was what I meant by not enjoying Mage play style right now), DPS classes can do ridiculous amount of healing, healers can sometimes do ridiculous amounts of damage (use as Paladins before the nerf to Denounce and Druids when they use Heart of the Wild).

It seems that they've gone away from balancing the game around 3v3, which is generally considered the "competitive bracket", so every class needs a big heal, every class needs to be able to do damage, every class needs instant CC or big instant damage. Everything is instant, I feel this is a big mistake. I think that since the end of WotLK the "skill floor" (which my definition is "the lowest skill level a player needs to be successful") has gotten a lot lower. I don't think players need to be as good as before in order to do well.
Not to say WotLK was the holy grail, it too had it's problems, it too had forgiving classes (in certain seasons) and forgiving comps, but these were isolated cases, whereas it seems to be the design goal in MoP.

I also want to point out that I think the community is much worse now than previously, I think there is less emphasis now on being competitive for fun/competition. Nowadays it seems people are more interested in getting titles and things like that because they are under the assumption that this proves they are a good player, I don't really understand this attitude. People pay money to transfer to dead/meaningless battle groups in order to obtain titles which have no real value whatsoever, rather than playing in the most competitive environment and testing themselves against better teams, I don't really understand this attitude, it makes no sense to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

I also want to point out that I think the community is much worse now than previously, I think there is less emphasis now on being competitive for fun/competition. Nowadays it seems people are more interested in getting titles and things like that because they are under the assumption that this proves they are a good player, I don't really understand this attitude. People pay money to transfer to dead/meaningless battle groups in order to obtain titles which have no real value whatsoever, rather than playing in the most competitive environment and testing themselves against better teams, I don't really understand this attitude, it makes no sense to me.

First half of this paragraph I could kinda see it. Second half it sounded like someone got a glad title in a different bg and he was mad about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]