NO MORE DRAWS IN ARENA!

90 Gnome Warlock
IF there are 2 people alive and 1 person on the other team. The team with 2 people alive should win.

I was just in an arena where me and my partner (healer) couldnt get a kill on a hpally who was just running around healing. Super annnoying how he can just run around and not even have to cast a single spell to heal the dmg. What was even more annoying is that, because of his trolling running around he did lose.

It is really dumb how a pally can heal for 50% of his hp without casting a spell...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Thanks for posting this thread.
I completely agree
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Same thing happened to me this is stupid
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I dont ussually pvp but this sounds dumb to me.
you should totally win if you have 2 members up and the other team has one
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
lets give more incentive for healer-dps twos!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
outplayed
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
iam sorry but what

i do agree with the draws being removed but hpallys arent the only ones who can heal alot without actually hard casting.... also it can depend on luck of divine purpose procs. full malev locks are capable of killing almost any healer.

build up 4 embers fear pop cds chaos bolt into mortal coil or shadow fury, bolt again, silence, bolt again, have your healer fear, stun, rept or, hex chaos again shadow burn win..... only way a healer wont die is if hes way over gearing you or your not using your cc effectively.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Needs to be a trigger after one person goes down
If X amount of dmg is not produced by some time witch would be easy for a normal dps to get the win should get handed over
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
iam sorry but what

i do agree with the draws being removed but hpallys arent the only ones who can heal alot without actually hard casting.... also it can depend on luck of divine purpose procs. full malev locks are capable of killing almost any healer.

build up 4 embers fear pop cds chaos bolt into mortal coil or shadow fury, bolt again, silence, bolt again, have your healer fear, stun, rept or, hex chaos again shadow burn win..... only way a healer wont die is if hes way over gearing you or your not using your cc effectively.
Ever been stuck in a 2s game because the other team's Blood DK won't die?

Additions:
If X amount of dmg is not produced by some time witch would be easy for a normal dps to get the win should get handed over
Needs to be greatly fixed. How about it would go to time limit, but if you're outnumbered, you lose?
Edited by Spetnas on 2/10/2013 2:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
After 20 minutes you start taking 10% (or w/e %) more damage every minute until game ends. Like the FC debuff.
Edited by Lostgravity on 2/10/2013 3:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
Plate doesn't mean anything in PVP.

Also holy paladins have mana issues in PVE. Nerfing their mana consumption just because bad players don't know how to kill/control them in PVP is kind of a dumb idea. Classes aren't balanced around 2s, sorry.
If we're talking 1v1, a healer shouldn't let a DPS kill them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The amount of dumb ideas DPS come up with is baffling.

Plate doesn't mean anything in PVP.

Also holy paladins have mana issues in PVE. Nerfing their mana consumption just because bad players don't know how to kill/control them in PVP is kind of a dumb idea. Classes aren't balanced around 2s, sorry.

No where in this thread is anything but 2v2 not only implied but clearly stated. If you can not kill a healer with 2 people, it is completely on you for playing poorly (or lacking gear to compete, which means you need to complain about the MR system, not healers).
Edited by Playpal on 2/10/2013 3:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
The amount of dumb ideas DPS come up with is baffling.

No where in this thread is anything but 2v2 not only implied but clearly stated. If you can not kill a healer with 2 people, it is completely on you for playing poorly (or lacking gear to compete, which means you need to complain about the MR system, not healers).
Which is why my post was a hypothetical-type-deal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So basically you're saying you can't kill a healer in 2s. Stop queuing 2s. OH LAWWDY Your partner is a druid...

Fear Pally into open.
Druid Heart of the wild.
Druid stuns pally.
Chaos bolt.
Win.

If your druid doesn't role HOTW in 2's AGAINST Healer/DPS you're gonna have a bad time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/10/2013 03:10 AMPosted by Licknippypoo
Super annnoying how he can just run around and not even have to cast a single spell to heal the dmg. It is really dumb how a pally can heal for 50% of his hp without casting a spell...

That pretty much sums up holy pallies.

They wear plate. Have great mobility. And have way to many insta casts.

Those insta casts should come at a great cost to his mana.

Healing priests run out of mana pretty fast, why not holy pallies? Why are they so special in the mana department? They have plate. They have better mobility. They have better CC. They have equal damage (healing priest damage is garbage this expansion pack).

Please bring pallies down to the priest level.

1. Priest are currently weak in pvp we get that but they still have many tools tha palis lack that as gear gets More sport you'll start seeing them because there utility for most comps will be better
2. Plate doesn't mean anything almost every melee has some armor pen ability or magic dmg that offsets it
3. What mobility are you talking about I get a sprint every 45 seconds if that is causing you problems then you probably deserve to be kited
4. Priest have better utility
5. Palis defensives are all long cd or can't be used when silenced or stunned
6. If a Pali isn't hard casting he's getting super lucky on rng price (which seem to hate
Me) or your sustained pressure is garbage

Palis have holy shock and wog insta casts and if he just getting by on those then your doing something wrong
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue

Nah, it should go on for the full time.

At the end hand out wins based on number of team members alive then if there's still a tie break it on damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 03:05 AMPosted by Lostgravity
After 20 minutes you start taking 10% (or w/e %) more damage every minute until game ends. Like the FC debuff.

I actually really like this idea. It could make tournaments more interesting. No one likes to see a draw.

02/10/2013 05:15 AMPosted by Ruinedit
At the end hand out wins based on number of team members alive then if there's still a tie break it on damage.

This I don't like so much because it favors certain comps. Dealing more damage doesn't necessarily mean you were playing more legitimately and the other team was purposely trying to force a draw.
Edited by Hafleur on 2/10/2013 5:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]