NO MORE DRAWS IN ARENA!

5 Orc Warlock
Stop being awful and kill the healer. It's not hard.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
02/10/2013 04:37 AMPosted by Fiddef

That pretty much sums up holy pallies.

They wear plate. Have great mobility. And have way to many insta casts.

Those insta casts should come at a great cost to his mana.

Healing priests run out of mana pretty fast, why not holy pallies? Why are they so special in the mana department? They have plate. They have better mobility. They have better CC. They have equal damage (healing priest damage is garbage this expansion pack).

Please bring pallies down to the priest level.

1. Priest are currently weak in pvp we get that but they still have many tools tha palis lack that as gear gets More sport you'll start seeing them because there utility for most comps will be better
2. Plate doesn't mean anything almost every melee has some armor pen ability or magic dmg that offsets it
3. What mobility are you talking about I get a sprint every 45 seconds if that is causing you problems then you probably deserve to be kited
4. Priest have better utility
5. Palis defensives are all long cd or can't be used when silenced or stunned
6. If a Pali isn't hard casting he's getting super lucky on rng price (which seem to hate
Me) or your sustained pressure is garbage

Palis have holy shock and wog insta casts and if he just getting by on those then your doing something wrong

1. Paladin has always been the choice for running stupid mongo cleave teams like KFC/Kitty Cleave/TSG/etc... and several of those are very strong right now. Priest teams usually need rogues, and both classes are kind of weak right now.

2. It DOES make a difference if you're a constant target, but usually there's armor avoidance stuff up during burst attempts so it's not as helpful there, if that's what you mean.

3. Your mobility is sprint, freedom, and the instant healing.

4. Debatable. Paladin has superior CC, freedom, bop, sac. Priest has their offensive dispel, an aoe dispel with a very high mana cost, and leap of faith. If Disc ever gets to deal damage out again, I would agree that Priest has more utility than Paladin (which, disc has been the healer with the most of WoW).

5. Priest get a 40% reduction on a 3 minute CD, an aoe 25% reduction on a 3 minute CD, and Void Shift on a 6 minute CD. Paladin has a 20% magic reduction +silence/int immunity on a 3 minute CD, Divine Shield on a 5 minute CD, BoP on a 5 minute CD, and a 40% magic reduction on a 1 minute CD.

6. Paladins cast less than any other healer but a significant margin.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
02/10/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Hafleur
After 20 minutes you start taking 10% (or w/e %) more damage every minute until game ends. Like the FC debuff.

I actually really like this idea. It could make tournaments more interesting. No one likes to see a draw.

At the end hand out wins based on number of team members alive then if there's still a tie break it on damage.

This I don't like so much because it favors certain comps. Dealing more damage doesn't necessarily mean you were playing more legitimately and the other team was purposely trying to force a draw.

So the idea you like... you don't think that certain times might decide to turtle for 20 minutes then just toss off some unhealable burst?

Generally speaking, if a team is turtling up trying to force a draw, the other team is going to do a lot more damage. Iirc, they use damage to break ties at Blizzcon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
iam sorry but what

i do agree with the draws being removed but hpallys arent the only ones who can heal alot without actually hard casting.... also it can depend on luck of divine purpose procs. full malev locks are capable of killing almost any healer.

build up 4 embers fear pop cds chaos bolt into mortal coil or shadow fury, bolt again, silence, bolt again, have your healer fear, stun, rept or, hex chaos again shadow burn win..... only way a healer wont die is if hes way over gearing you or your not using your cc effectively.

Honestly this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Plate doesn't mean anything in PVP.

Also holy paladins have mana issues in PVE. Nerfing their mana consumption just because bad players don't know how to kill/control them in PVP is kind of a dumb idea. Classes aren't balanced around 2s, sorry.
If we're talking 1v1, a healer shouldn't let a DPS kill them.

A healer should eventually run out of Mana. Your philosophy demands that a dps/healer vs a dps/healer never ends.
Edited by Dreadsoldier on 2/10/2013 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
"I play a dps and couldn't kill a healer in 2's. Make the game harder for healers so I can keep blindly swatting at my keyboard with one hand while my other hand stuffs my face with nachos. 30% healing nerf and only 50% benefit from PvP power isn't enough."
Edited by Merrcy on 2/10/2013 7:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/10/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Merrcy
"I play a dps and couldn't kill a healer in 2's. Make the game harder for healers so I can keep blindly swatting at my keyboard with one hand while my other hand stuffs my face with nachos. 30% healing nerf and only 50% benefit from PvP power isn't enough."

The funny thing is I laugh at people who can't kill a paladin or shaman solo now; they both can literally die in a silence or stun. It's pretty disgusting how easy it is to kill healers in general now.

OH GOD WE'VE BEEN HAD - the OP is a fantastic, FANTASTIC troll. Look at the first three posters and tell me why.

9.5/10
Edited by Anurakis on 2/10/2013 7:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 06:22 AMPosted by Ruinedit
So the idea you like... you don't think that certain times might decide to turtle for 20 minutes then just toss off some unhealable burst?

Not sure how often that'd happen, but it is a possibility. I see what you're saying.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Try running into double Rdruids......good lord....
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
In thousands and thousands of arena matches, I've only gone to a draw maybe 5 times. And of those times, none have been in a 2v1 situation.

One of us clearly has a L2P issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If you can't kill someone 2v1, you don't deserve the win.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Anyone notice the first three posts are all the same person?

Edited: actually the first 4 lololol.
Edited by Capricka on 2/10/2013 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's not only paladins that do this type of thing. You see resto druids and shamans do the same thing pillar humping for 30 mins in which no matter how perfect your CC chains to get them off said pillar are, there is an element of luck involved. If luck isn't on your side that match be prepared for the 30 min pillar hump without that 15-20 seconds you need to kill the healer.

Actually had one match where a resto druid with 330k HP did this to me and the healer I was running with at the time for cap. At the end of the match I wanted to kick a teddy bear in the groin.
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
It's not only paladins that do this type of thing. You see resto druids and shamans do the same thing pillar humping for 30 mins in which no matter how perfect your CC chains to get them off said pillar are, there is an element of luck involved. If luck isn't on your side that match be prepared for the 30 min pillar hump without that 15-20 seconds you need to kill the healer.

Actually had one match where a resto druid with 330k HP did this to me and the healer I was running with at the time for cap. At the end of the match I wanted to kick a teddy bear in the groin.

You don't need luck. You can win every single time this happens. Coordinate with your partner.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Don't want a draw? kill the entire team, that is after all the objective.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
IF there are 2 people alive and 1 person on the other team. The team with 2 people alive should win.

I was just in an arena where me and my partner (healer) couldnt get a kill on a hpally who was just running around healing. Super annnoying how he can just run around and not even have to cast a single spell to heal the dmg. What was even more annoying is that, because of his trolling running around he did lose.

It is really dumb how a pally can heal for 50% of his hp without casting a spell...

The solution is not to take away draws.

The solution is the nerf holy paladins. They are overpowered, the best healer in the game bar none for pvp. They need to be toned down significantly.

The main issue is the amount of instant casts they have that heal for the amount they do. Make them have to cast more and holy paladins wont be such a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
You guys act like a healer would just take all that cc and damage without casting one of their many defensive abilities.

I personally have fun staying alive as long as possible in 2s, mostly because my lock partner has really bad internet and dc's quite often. So, I like to see how long I can survive. >.>

But I do have to agree with the OP. Nothing is more annoying than facing some bad healer who couldn't keep his partner alive, only to pillar hump for 15 min against one of my crap geared alts who I can't kill a healer on.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Also holy paladins have mana issues in PVE. Nerfing their mana consumption just because bad players don't know how to kill/control them in PVP is kind of a dumb idea. Classes aren't balanced around 2s, sorry.

really? i found my hpally fared a lot better with mana with crappier gear than my rdruid in both pve and pvp who are considered to go oom very often in pve. but yea i have neva done heroic raids.

but in pvp arena side of things hpally hardly seems to go oom. in rbgs usually last the longest

The funny thing is I laugh at people who can't kill a paladin or shaman solo now; they both can literally die in a silence or stun. It's pretty disgusting how easy it is to kill healers in general now.

mmm depends on healer

u will neva kill my hpally solo :p must be guys in greens u meet in random bgs.

i only die solo to full mal T2 upgraded (non-wintrader) frost mages in a shatter combo if bubble is down
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]