PvE Contested Zones Auto Flag for PvP?

33 Worgen Druid
Was considering switching to a PvE zone to quest/level but from what I've read on the forums, you're automatically flagged for PvP when you enter a contested zone on a PvE server?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I think you got it wrong, on PvE realms there is no autoflagging except for attacking pvp flagged player or NPC.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
No that's only on a PVP server. In a PVE server you won't be flagged for PVP unless you engage in combat with an enemy player or are recently coming out of a battleground. It doesn't matter if you are in a contested zone or not.
Edited by Monmonn on 2/10/2013 7:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
Umm walking into the opposite factions capital cities will also auto flag you. Garrosh REALLY doesn't like the Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
So will flying over opposing cities. Or over Wintergrasp. I do that all the time, and then get paranoid that I'm gonna get killed and end up just hovering somewhere til the 5 min timer is up. :)
Reply Quote
20 Draenei Shaman
idk if it's a CRZ issue, but i was in Ashenvale last week and was attacked. i even checked to see if i was flagged, and i wasn't.
Reply Quote
92 Orc Shaman
02/10/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Seimicìty
idk if it's a CRZ issue, but i was in Ashenvale last week and was attacked. i even checked to see if i was flagged, and i wasn't.

if you buffed a player flagged for PvP who engaged in PvP when you were in range, or attacked an NPC marked as PvP (towns folk and a few wandering members I know there's an Alliance mob outside of a cave that Horde players often have to attack to complete quests) you can also get flagged for PvP
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
The only instance i can think of is in Hellfire. When you go do the quest that asks you to take control of 3 structures, The Stadium, The Overlook and Broken Hill, you will be flagged for PVP when doing that quest. BUT, you are forewarned that you will be flagged and you have the option to skip it. This is on PVE only, when you do it on a PVP realm it does not tell you, since you are already flagged.

It is also the quest that made me fall in love with PVP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
02/10/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Meshala

if you buffed a player flagged for PvP who engaged in PvP when you were in range, or attacked an NPC marked as PvP (towns folk and a few wandering members I know there's an Alliance mob outside of a cave that Horde players often have to attack to complete quests) you can also get flagged for PvP

I'm wondering if it worked like Warhammer's PvE areas where buffing a flagged player will flag you even if they aren't actively engaged in PvP. I'm trying to figure out why I would get flagged with no horde around in a Sha of Anger raid earlier. That's just a theory though, I don't know for sure. I haven't run into this before, usually I'm good about avoiding getting flagged.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Tacothebell
I'm wondering if it worked like Warhammer's PvE areas where buffing a flagged player will flag you even if they aren't actively engaged in PvP.

That's exactly how it works -- if you buff or heal a flagged player, you will get flagged, whether or not there's any PvP going on.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
02/11/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Harlan
I'm wondering if it worked like Warhammer's PvE areas where buffing a flagged player will flag you even if they aren't actively engaged in PvP.

That's exactly how it works -- if you buff or heal a flagged player, you will get flagged, whether or not there's any PvP going on.

Ok, thank you :) Someone must've been flagged when I cast horn of winter then.
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
02/10/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Meshala

Hmm. I was doing the kill quest that drops the Diabolical Plans for the "Never Again" quest. Is it possible that being in Warsong Gulch (the area in ashenvale, not the instance) flagged me?

Like I said, when I checked, I was NOT flagged for PvP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]