Losing gracefully

100 Night Elf Priest
I've been playing a lot of undead pets lately,and I've found a lot of my matches have had my ghostly skull vsing the opponents last pet.
My skull goes down as my racial pops i think.....should i pass this turn and bow out gracefully or ghostly bite and have no body win?

Sad to say,more often than not my vicious spiteful side takes over and says "if I'm not winning,no one will"...../cast ghostly bite
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
id do it. No shame in breaking out a tie instead of taking a loss.
Reply Quote
Pass the turn. No point in not letting someone else get a win :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
undead passive needs to be taken into account by other side. The win wouldnt be deserving for them if u pass.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
It's not a loss until your racial has expired. That's something they should account for if they want the win. A draw is an acceptable means to finish the fight.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Pass if you feel moved to do your opponent a favour, otherwise bite. There is no reason at all why you should pass, and drawing a game this way is nothing to feel bad about.

Of course if you do pass, you might be teaching your opponent to expect that in the future, instead of expecting opponents to play all out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What's the point of running an undead if ur just going to waste that racial? I will always go 100% even if I know I will force a tie.

Close but no cigar =).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What's the point of running an undead if ur just going to waste that racial? I will always go 100% even if I know I will force a tie.

Close but no cigar =).

The knowledge that I could have tied if I pushed one button but willfully chose to push another is fine with me. It doesn't even track ties.

In the same situation, I would typically pass my turn so they get the win. It's better if one player gets something than if both players get nothing.

Of course, if they were being a complete !@# (3x Turkey), I would force a tie.

I'm not saying I'm a better person for doing it that way or anything; both perspectives here are valid.
Edited by Simca on 2/10/2013 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Its no different than a tie caused by DoT's, End of Round Effects, or Explode. Your opponent should have already took into consideration the undead racial and not be expecting a win.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Depends, I've had people do both and I've done both too.

Really no one wins if you both lose, so I generally forfeit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/10/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Simca
The knowledge that I could have tied if I pushed one button but willfully chose to push another is fine with me. It doesn't even track ties.

That's great that you can willingly do that. But, I don't enjoy half-assing a PvP battle. I don't really care so much about winning and losing since the achievement for winning PvP battles doesn't even have a reward.

I just HAVE to go all out, even if that means forcing a tie.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
If you are really concerned about your decision to pass/fight ( I wouldn't be), then use your skull earlier than the last pet, then you can use the racial and still have another pet or two to continue fighting. If they can't beat you then, then they don't deserve your kindness.

***Daisyboo, would you stop using fear bomb or heals in a duel/arena? No, you would win at any cost. (imo)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]