Previous thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811152873
85 XP-Off Community Information
Players that have not upgraded to Mists of Pandaria will automatically be queued in the experience-off bracket. For those that have Mists, join the community by visiting Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar to turn off your experience.
Season 11 (Cataclysmic) gear is available at vendors in Dalaran Sewers and Gadgetzan. Gear sets for hybrids are coming back in patch 5.2. Monks do not have gear available yet. So far no word on monk pvp sets below level 90 from the developers.
Here is a helpful guide for gear by Peculia!
Advantages of twinking at 85
- Fast queues (generally 5-10 minutes during peak hours)
- Less gear disparity than many other brackets, particularly 80-84
- Healers aren't Godmode like at 70
- Zero/minimal bot presence
Disadvantages of twinking at 85
- It can be expensive to level professions, gem, and enchant your gear - but once you're done, you're done! No endgame gear treadmill.
- Some BiS items require camping either the auction house for rare items or camping rare spawns in Pandaria (but viable alternatives exist)
Professions of note - max level 600
- Through Archaeology you can acquire Spear of Xuen, Umbrella of Chi-Ji and Quilen Statuette which are all upgradable to iLvl 471. To farm these items without a level 90, do not level Archaeology past 525; that way, all your Archaeology sites will be in the Jade Forest.
- Alchemy increases the effects of almost all consumables as well as offering Zen Alchemist Stone, also upgradable to ilvl 466.
- Blacksmithing allows you to add two more MoP gems to your gear.
- Engineering has powerful and entertaining tinkers.
- Herbalism allows you to acquire Water Spirit and Life Spirit in addition to Lifeblood (2880 haste for 20 seconds).
Other Items of Note
- Sun-Lute of the Phoenix King (BiS 2-hander available from BMAH, armory link not yet working)
- Kafa Press
- Crystal of Insanity
To queue for Arenas, you will need to toggle your xp to "on."
RBGs are starting, with several guilds having participated in at least one game. Direct your attention to some of the larger guilds if RBGs interest you. <chill for a minute> and <chill for a moment> are planning Draft RBG nights in the future once they have the numbers to do so.
Battletags are used to organize raids and pvp groups. Browse the thread for current information.
<chill for a moment> - Mannoroth
<DONTGETMADGETGLAD> Area 52
<Nerd Cleave> Frostmane
<Sad Pandas> Tichondrious
<chill for a minute> - Mannoroth
<Twinks United> Shandris
<Nerd Cleave> Sargeras
<dot tumblr> Frostmourne
<Great Minds Twink Alike> Perenolde