leveling up prot?

87 Human Paladin
my warrior is currently lvl 14, almost at 15 to start dungeons and since im not lvling my warrior using heirlooms ( don't have the resources to go through the pain of getting them again. ) i hear if you're either a tank or a healer you can get instant queues even at that low of a lvl and lvling in dungeons is actually pretty fast compared to just questing. If im not getting instant queues is prot a viable questing spec and is heirlooms really that much of a crazy difference in exp?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/11/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Johand
my warrior is currently lvl 14, almost at 15 to start dungeons and since im not lvling my warrior using heirlooms ( don't have the resources to go through the pain of getting them again. ) i hear if you're either a tank or a healer you can get instant queues even at that low of a lvl and lvling in dungeons is actually pretty fast compared to just questing. If im not getting instant queues is prot a viable questing spec and is heirlooms really that much of a crazy difference in exp?

I leveled this char up with no looms, while in tank spec. I even screwed around alot, and made it to 90 in two weeks. Heirlooms don't make much of a difference, plus if you're looking to tank @90 not having easymode gear makes you a far better tank imo.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
wow that's pretty fast. the other characters i have that i just mess around on have full cloth heirlooms and my rogue has 3 pieces. so leveling without them i dunno how it would feel lol. but im gonna give it a go
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/11/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Johand
wow that's pretty fast. the other characters i have that i just mess around on have full cloth heirlooms and my rogue has 3 pieces. so leveling without them i dunno how it would feel lol. but im gonna give it a go

RDF Is hands down the best way to level. You'll get a level per instance(sometimes two) for until like 40.

EDIT: I forgot to mention dungeon quests. They level you so much. New dungeons=2-3~ levels.
Edited by Peithne on 2/11/2013 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warrior
Granted, I am leveling with BOA's. But going as prot was the absolutely right choice. Quick queues for RDF, absolute survivability while questing, and pure beardly manliness make it a can't miss option.

But I will warn you of the mid-50's BRD hell. By the time you hit 58 you will run from Azeroth looking forward to the punishment of lowbie ganking in HFP.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
yes BRD is a crap fest that no one loves. Leveling via RDF is faster if you have quests for that instance to complete otherwise its quicker to level via questing. I found that saying in azeroth till 59 and then going to HFP is the best way, as at 58 you'll run out of quests to do to take you to 60
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Warrior
02/11/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Johand

I've leveled 2 warrior toons to max level (well, one is still chilling at 85), another warrior alt to 60-ish, and a fourth to 40-ish. Questing as prot is incredible, if you continuously choose prot-ish gear. Grab a good shield and one-hander, boost up your armor class as high as possible (at lower levels) then round up 6 quest mobs at a time. Focus-burn them one at a time and use Victory Rush as soon as one dies. You should be mowing through quest areas in no time flat, when you aren't taking advantage of insta-queues.

But be forewarned...nobody likes lowbie tanks and you're really only there to taunt-rescue dummies who get overwhelmed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]