Dealing with the morons....

61 Blood Elf Warrior
So what is up lately it seems there are far more morons in groups then I have ever dealt with on my DK tank..Lately example since Ihave hit out lands every tom *####*%* and harry wants to either A: Act like a tank B: Dumb*** DKs wanting to death grip stuff then whine and cry because A: I wont pick them up B: Complains because I am a bad tank due to the fact I wont pull mass rooms when the healer is struggling or when I have things on CD...

How do you guys cope with the morons in randoms.....When I leveled my Death Knight I really never had any of these problems in the lower zones is it because we are getting more kids that dont care or is it because of the decline in maturity and intelligence in the population of WoW?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Same as how I deal with moronic tanks when leveling:

Just roll on. not much more you can do.

And it is confirmation bias on your part, nothing is worse or better than it has ever been. Same reason Onyxia was always deep breathing more often.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I found the same thing. If I'm on my main, i'm able to steam roll through most heroics w/o a healer, or even dps for that matter, while leveling and gearing up my alts.

My motto is:
-If the dps pull, its probably because they want to tank.
-If the pets get aggro, its a good time to tab out and do some research.
-If the group is unbearable, get them to kick you or wait for the queue cool-down to reset and kill the first boss. You can drop after that with no debuff and get your insta-queue again (though be careful to put one of the group members on ignore so not to get the same group again).

More and more I get toons who afk and follow someone or bots that do nothing but stand in fire, they're usually the ones with 10+ minutes on their VTK cooldown.

Blizzard is just band-aiding the symptoms and not fixing the issue. Expect more of this~
For now just play the system =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You might be noticing it more now, but it's hardly a new problem. View it as an opportunity to build the thick skin you'll need to have a tank, and just carry on.

02/11/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Verjeh
Blizzard is just band-aiding the symptoms and not fixing the issue.

If you have actual suggestions for fixing the issue, feel free to post them.

(And no, removing LFD/LFR isn't a fix any more than banning cars is a fix for car crashes.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The reason I'm pulling for you as a healer is because I can heal literally anyone in the group as a tank, and you're waiting 10 sec between pulls for some reason.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/11/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Andri
it seems there are far more morons in groups then I have ever dealt with

Onyxia seems to be Deep Breathing more, too.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I turn my chat OFF and ignore everything. They can jolly well leave group if they don't like it, or they can suck it up and leave the tanking to me. :)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Best way if you can time it right, just lock all the people that annoy you from the boss when you pull it.

It may take a little bit of timing, but i typically find complainers usually lag behind in the group. Nothing will fustrate them more then haveing to sit outside while you kill the boss. And since its typically DPS, their DPS will not be helping it will take a while lol.

If its the healer, they then typically proceede to tell you how bad you are while they have to wait out side. Then the best thing ever happens.. they tell you how your going to wipe without them. Only to find out... they are completely unnessary and you can beat the boss without them.

poetic justice.
Reply Quote
51 Troll Druid
I would go with

I turn my chat OFF and ignore everything

Works wonders in PvP too:)
Reply Quote
92 Dwarf Hunter
02/12/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Baribal
Works wonders in PvP too:)

Buddy, you are right on target with that one!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
DKs wanting to death grip stuff then whine and cry because A: I wont pick them up

I thought deathgrip was a taunt, so you actually *can't* pick them up until it wears off.

Or does a later taunt overwrite an earlier one? Even if so, you shouldn't use a freaking taunt on a mob you don't want to tank.

Anyway, there have been morons all expansion, at least. Shrug it off and queue again later.

P.S. I heard that if you add them to your ignore list, you won't get grouped with them again in LFD/LFR, so that might help some, but you can still keep getting *different* morons.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
A dungeon well tanked is satisfaction enough.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/11/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Nerfheals
it seems there are far more morons in groups then I have ever dealt with

Onyxia seems to be Deep Breathing more, too.

Kiting to Vael's room fixes that though.
Reply Quote
55 Human Warrior
Had a moron warlock that thought it was cool to fear eveything that i was trying to pull. Damn idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
There is a glyph now to where your death grip doesn't taunt
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/12/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Snakpak
There is a glyph now to where your death grip doesn't taunt

To bad most dk's don't use that, and they also don't use taunt on army of the dead..

don't bring logic to the forums, it doesn't belong here.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Best way if you can time it right, just lock all the people that annoy you from the boss when you pull it.

It may take a little bit of timing, but i typically find complainers usually lag behind in the group. Nothing will fustrate them more then haveing to sit outside while you kill the boss. And since its typically DPS, their DPS will not be helping it will take a while lol.

If its the healer, they then typically proceede to tell you how bad you are while they have to wait out side. Then the best thing ever happens.. they tell you how your going to wipe without them. Only to find out... they are completely unnessary and you can beat the boss without them.

Never been able to pull that off. Even though you're not supposed to be able to kick mid combat, I have yet to find a group that didn't kick me before the boss died.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Never been able to pull that off. Even though you're not supposed to be able to kick mid combat, I have yet to find a group that didn't kick me before the boss died.[/quote]

True if you kept the whole group out. It is more about keeping 1-2 out. The ones in typically dont care enought to kick you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
That's too bad, I like soloing heroic 5 man bosses.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Paladin
How do you guys cope with the morons in randoms

I'm sorry, I cannot notice them over the sound of my overwhelming superiority. I assume I'm going to kill everything, and am pleasantly surprised when someone helps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]