Buying the battlechest and expansions

90 Human Warrior
So I understand I need to buy the Battlechest, Cataclysm and Pandaria to get access to the full game. I am currently on a trial account. Can I buy the three parts of the game and not apply to my account?

I mean, I would love to take advantage of the current sale. However I am not ready to upgrade my account just yet. I would like to keep the trial account for a couple of months before applying the upgrades. Can I do that? If yes, how do I go about doing it?

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you purchase it via the blizzard store, you'll receive game keys which you can use to upgrade your account. You can then keep those game keys until you're ready to do so. :)
Edited by Novalas on 2/11/2013 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Being a digital sale I don't think so, unless maybe you purchase it as a gift, then get the codes from that.

02/11/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Novalas
If you purchase it via the blizzard store, you'll receive game keys which you can use to upgrade your account. You can then keep those game keys until you're ready to do so. :)

Or this :P Just don't "upgrade your account"
Edited by Dasffion on 2/11/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
You can also start a totally new account to apply the game licenses to and keep your Starter Edition account indefinitely at the same time. Of course if you do so, you will need to start toons from 1 on the new account.

Your call.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Thank you for the responses.

@Harlan - I did start a new account (this one) because I wanted to start fresh. My old account already has a level 60+ warrior (don't remember exactly) and up to TBC applied to it. It was probably upgraded to WotLK because I believe Blizz upgraded all accounts to it a few months ago. I like this new account and want to level this one to 90.

I will buy it and save the codes.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Rogue
bought the battlechest want to upgrade to cataclysm do they send the digital copy to your physical address by mail?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Deite -

When you upgrade with a digital copy everything is done through account management. You will receive nothing in the physical mail, unless of course you purchased online a physical copy of the game.

In the future also Deite please start a new thread instead of bringing up an old one :) This game changes quite often and we don't want to bring old outdated information to the top of the forum.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
bought the battlechest want to upgrade to cataclysm do they send the digital copy to your physical address by mail?

Nope, you're account is upgraded as soon as the payment clears the bank/credit card company.

What you are buying is NOT the software, we all play with the same thing installed from trial accounts all the way up to MoP accounts.

You ARE buying the account status boost on Blizzard's servers. THAT's what prevents you from accessing the content that's currently locked to you. Blizzard doesn't need to send you anything to change the "account" field in their database, so they don't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]