@Charax

02/11/2013 05:19 AMPosted by Mairail
CBH has been involved in all of the huge city raids you, most known the ones that had 100 (once 200 I think) people on Org that crashed the server.

I am aware. They also have attacked Org with 10-15 people in retaliation for a WSB attack on them and for that, they get props.
Reply Quote
Sometimes the raid won't even start unless there's 40 people. Invites will go out and if there's only 27 people willing to go after 20 minutes of trying to get a raid going the raid will dissemble.

This disturbed me quite a bit during my time as alliance.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
02/11/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Xanathal
they get props.

Mad props. Saw them take on Shrine once and it was a huge mess. They were falling all over the place, but they'd get back up and continue fighting. I love CBH.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Outside of all the smack talk, I am very happy with all the WPvP opportunities on ED, and how the MoP approach accomodated it. On a given day, there is:

- skirmishes at the Hardened Shell NPC
- players buzzing honor vendors at Serpent's Spine (watch those pushbacks on the wall/roofs!)
- campers of lowbies in Valley of the Four Winds (I was fishing and a Horder leveler came too close - that escalated into a guid v guild fight)
- Halfhill food fights
- Krasarang dailies and the fight for the towers (plenty of party-sized fights)
- WSB with their frequent raid-sized attacks (for those that want to fight large-scale, it's obviously there)
- Dark Portal camping, and fights at Honor Hold
- RP-PvPers defending their zone/city (one thing you guys need to promote more - I'm still not aware of most guilds' "home base")
- Other daily quest hubs with choice targets (fun for solo players, which you can escalate up to party-size if you want to be a jerk)

Obviously, there are plenty of WPvP situations to partake in depending on your preferences (solo, small group, small raid, large raid - variety was helped by the elimination of "Have Group Will Travel"). It's great to have such a large choice and consistent rivals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rules for WPVP?

There aren't any. It's purely up to a guild/members to deem what they find respectable. IMHO - world pvp is about the biggest numbers to win the battle. DV strives to be a fair/balanced competitor but we really are a casual bunch of people who play the game to enjoy the game.

We have rules our members must follow, and if they don't...they get booted. Do we feel that other guilds need to follow those rules? No. Do we feel the need to complain about it or lose sleep about it? No.

For example, if we get outnumbered/beaten in PVP we think damn...good fight! If we get outnumbered we think...damn good fight till we got outnumbered. We don't waste time on the what ifs or crying about things if they don't go our way. We just move on and find something else to do.

I myself repeatedly throw myself into terrible WPVP situations against numerous people I can't beat, or overall win. Why? Because, I'm on a pvp server. I spend 15 bucks a month to experience the thrill of looking over my shoulder. I don't care if I get ganked...it's fun.

I'm not going to rant and rave or force my rules on anyone.

O you! I like you! Let me know if you ever need a holy paladin. I'll charge into battle with you any day.

K....maybe I'll bubble hearth out though if we start getting camped, but until then I'm right there with you!
Reply Quote
Bronkk's Transmog > Charax's Transmog
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
02/11/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Bronkk
Bronkk's Transmog > Charax's Transmog

Your axe brings out your pink nail polish quite nicely.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Sometimes the raid won't even start unless there's 40 people. Invites will go out and if there's only 27 people willing to go after 20 minutes of trying to get a raid going the raid will dissemble.

02/11/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Iconik
In my limited experience with Horde side city raids with WSB sometimes we'll even start with fewer than 15.

Man, swap sides and you are drinking the cool aid like a boss.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
02/11/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Xanathal
I am aware. They also have attacked Org with 10-15 people in retaliation for a WSB attack on them and for that, they get props.

And? They have been doing this for a long time. And other guilds have done it too.
Edited by Mairail on 2/11/2013 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
02/11/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Mairail

02/11/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Iconik
In my limited experience with Horde side city raids with WSB sometimes we'll even start with fewer than 15.

I was Horde long before I was Alliance. A few friends of mine and I decided to go Alliance recently for a change of scenery. We were always Horde. Started on this server as Horde. Will stop as Horde.

That's OK, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
02/11/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Iconik

I was Horde long before I was Alliance. A few friends of mine and I decided to go Alliance recently for a change of scenery. We were always Horde. Started on this server as Horde. Will stop as Horde.

That's OK, right?

Well you fit right in with 90% of WSB, who has this little world of "made up" that seems to blur reality for them. Funny how this is the first time you mentioned being Horde here first, I thought you were a VeCo transfer?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

That's OK, right?

Well you fit right in with 90% of WSB, who has this little world of "made up" that seems to blur reality for them. Funny how this is the first time you mentioned being Horde here first, I thought you were a VeCo transfer?

There is a lot of VeCo transfers. Entire guilds came to ED from VeCo.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman

That's OK, right?

Stop talking. Please. I was on this server the day it launched. Soon after I was in that WPVP event held in Ashenvale when the servers went down. I remember fighting High Impact and Absolute. I remember looking at Brimstone gear before they left and thinking "I want to raid!". I remember Vindictive and Corinthian.

No. I'm not a transfer.

Funny how this is the first time you mentioned being Horde.

I don't mention it because it's not important. There are plenty of people that know who I am when I was raiding heavily. Unlike a lot of the nerds here I don't feel the need to do any PR for myself. It's just a game. It's not important to me.
Edited by Iconik on 2/11/2013 4:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
02/11/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Mairail
I thought you were a VeCo transfer?

He is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

There is a lot of VeCo transfers. Entire guilds came to ED from VeCo.

Well aware of this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
02/11/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Iconik
I was on this server the day it launched.

So why are you all the sudden an ED forum tough guy? Why is it you came out of the shadows now? Why is it, you never posted until AFTER Warbringer came here as a transfer from VeCo?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
02/11/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Solidus
I thought you were a VeCo transfer?

He is.

http://gyazo.com/b71a6a3c79e02599203a6e2fc70db3c2

Nope. You knew that, though.

BTW. Does anyone have a link to Ninetoes Magic cards he used to make? I'd love to see those again.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
02/11/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Mairail
I was on this server the day it launched.

So why are you all the sudden an ED forum tough guy? Why is it you came out of the shadows now? Why is it, you never posted until AFTER Warbringer came here as a transfer from VeCo?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1756041063

Here's a post from 2011. It doesn't go further back for some reason. My screenshot from the Abs boards shows me registering in 2007.

Don't know what other proof you need. You just keep going on and on and on...
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
02/11/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Iconik

So this is a link from 2007, for forums from an Alliance guild. I though you said you were originally Horde?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue

http://i.imgur.com/eNwHExN.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]