Balanced Random Battlegrounds.

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Why don't they set it up so that both teams have the same amount of healers and/or tanks? Seriously makes no sense

inb4: longer wait times

please stop qqing

thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Why dont people such as yourself take the time to read the previous 3 threads on the first page about this?
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 08:15 AMPosted by Shâd
Why dont people such as yourself take the time to read the previous 3 threads on the first page about this?

no, they're whiny and bad at arguing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
because its not needed and will only dramatically increase q times
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
02/11/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Rozma
no, they're whiny and bad at arguing.

plz tell me your a joking.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Stormspellx

it's pretty needed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It does if the oQueue/premade community is right. Perhaps Blizz's strategy *is* to force us out of the game, by making it so disgusting for the solo player that we just leave. It is a possiblity with some statistical support...
Well if there were less bots, awful players & players ignoring objectives to "have fun" there wouldn't have been any need for premades, so who's fault is it again?

As for the OP's request:

02/11/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Stormspellx
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Piñata
Why don't they set it up so that both teams have the same amount of healers and/or tanks? Seriously makes no sense

It does if the oQueue/premade community is right. Perhaps Blizz's strategy *is* to force us out of the game, by making it so disgusting for the solo player that we just leave. It is a possiblity with some statistical support...

oh wow, people with sense DO exist in forums. thank you for restoring my faith
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/11/2013 08:57 AMPosted by Rozma
oh wow, people with sense DO exist in forums. thank you for restoring my faith
So disagreeing with you means we lack sense? Amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The minority of competent solo players actually trying to win are unfortunately caught in the crossfire and become collateral damage. They either have useless teammates (the bots, bads and/or players ignoring objectives) and/or are faced against (usually) a partial premade and (occasionally) a near full premade.

So if you are a competent solo player no you are not the problem... the problem is the useless teammates that have pushed players like me to not want them on my team because they are simply wasting my time. I strongly suggest that you join 5 man premades if you want to keep your blood pressure at a reasonable level.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
02/11/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Rozma

it's pretty needed.

roles don't win bgs, players do

good dps has more impact then good healing
bad healing has more impact then bad dps
random bgs are filled with bad dps

outside the bot/leechers ect problem in randoms, increasing the que time so you can find a new excuse as to why you lose isn't needed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
If Blizz thinks that solo players are a large enough demographic to service, which there is also statistical support for, in how they have handled certain nerfs, then I will do fine as is. If the other side is right, which is also possible, I will be forced out.
Blizzard can't and shouldn't balance PvP on poor play, which is essentially what you are asking for. If the average solo player is either bad or ignores objectives to farm HKs and "have fun" how can you balance that? Make healers super easy to kill? Set it up so that both teams have the same amount of healers and/or tanks, as the OP suggested? This would make queue times ridiculous & since even less players would queue up as healers queue times would go from ridiculous to stupid.

It is easy to say "I want balance" but when you actually do some analysis and critical thinking it is easy to see that such a request would probably make BGs worse, not better. Moreover usually when I am on a losing team it is not because we lack healers and/or are outgeared, it is because nobody is focusing targets & most of my teammates are not trying to win (e.g. fighting in mid far away from the EFC).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm sorry but setting roles would make BGs a bit boring (more than they already are that is). If you want set roles, go do dungeons/raids/rbgs/etc. Randoms are randoms. TBH, I love beating a team where they have more healers. Shows the quitters from the beginning, who say "just let them win", what's up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Pinata my whole point is that the real issue is not game mechanics, but poor play. Players like the OP are just looking for an excuse... I absolutely guarantee you that the DPS in his BGs were bad... it probably had nothing to do with the lack of heals. Instead of properly analyzing the problem (which is usually poor DPS) players like the OP want Blizzard to "balance" BGs. Like you said balance is such a vague term and means different things to different players.

I take pride in the fact that I beat better geared teams with more healers on an almost daily basis. Yes I am in a 5 man on vent, but often times my teammates have an item level around 460-465 (basically full dreadful with maybe 1-2 malev). My point is that teamwork is much more important than gear and/or heals... sure having good gear & about 30% healers are great, but if you don't you can still win.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/11/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Fatirl
Good to see you still wall of text everyone in every forum(click his posts youll see 100 percent what i mean)
Yea proper paragraphs are a "wall of text". You are a complete moron. You are also probably coming off a forum ban for the absolute nonsense that you were posting last week. Class act buddy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]