Why does Alliance always lose?

92 Tauren Death Knight
02/11/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Advo
Since transferring to this server, I've won about 20% of my random BGs. I've been trying different times but the result is mostly the same.

get oQueue and join the mesh.

oQueue allows you to find or create your own premade that is visible to everyone on the mesh, across all connected realms (in the mornings the connections are weak, but by the afternoon it starts to pick up and all realms are usually visible)

http://curse.com/addons/wow/oqueue

also join the vent... 400-500 people across 100+ rooms in the evenings.

wow.publicvent.org : 4135

it's a whole different game when you're talking with people that are interested in working together to have fun and win.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/11/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Tinymasher
get oQueue and join the mesh.

Can't use oQueue,

QQ.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I notice that most horde only roll with their fully-geared toons in regular BGs. Like a month ago it seemed we gained the upper-hand, but last few weeks I think I've won a handful of regular BGs in total on all the toons I played.

Horde don't play alts I guess, or when they do they have plenty of others picking up their little slack.

Again, personal ratings even for regular BGs and problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/11/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Deathbreaker
notice that most horde only roll with their fully-geared toons in regular BGs
Not even close to be being true... I see just as many geared alliance players.

02/11/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Deathbreaker
Again, personal ratings even for regular BGs and problem solved.
That would solve nothing and is a bad idea. Ratings work in arenas & RBGs because as your ratings go up so does both the quality of opponents & the rewards. BG ratings would only force the better players to go up against other better players, for the same rewards as the bottom dwellers. Not exactly fair.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Yeah, I transferred from the Stormstrike group to Ruin. Seriously noticeable difference between the Alliance groups. Yes I'm solo queuing but I always have. It's terrible.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
That would solve nothing and is a bad idea. Ratings work in arenas & RBGs because as your ratings go up so does both the quality of opponents & the rewards. BG ratings would only force the better players to go up against other better players, for the same rewards as the bottom dwellers. Not exactly fair.

I mean no more separate RBGs as well. And the rewards would scale of course. They could make a 10 and 15 man bracket, and people could make traditional RBG teams, but the team rating would be that of the highest rated player in the group. The current MMR system is broken and needs to be replaced anyway.

In one WSG the horde had 6 healers, 8 of our guys were on defense, and somehow our FC still died. I see horde teams all the time that are enjoying being surrounded by competent players, and on alliance I can only hope that a good 3s team or premade joins me.

The only RBG solution for people stuck on dying/non-pvp realms is to server transfer and I refuse to give Blizzard any more extra donations if they are doing very little to fix PvP. I'm holding out until 5.2, but it's getting difficult to pretend I'm having fun in this game anymore. My server has a handful of scattered pvp guilds, my guild is dead, all the pvpers I used to know and trust have quit, and my 2s partners have quit. So needless to say, my enthusiasm for the upcoming patch is guarded. I'll give the patch a month or two and if things haven't changed much I'll probably quit for good too.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
02/11/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Fats
Can't use oQueue,

why not??
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The reason alliance don't win much battlegrounds now is because in cata you could roll a human and wear really overpowered pve trinkets like vial of shadows and such and one shot people in bgs and arena without losing your pvp trinket.

In MOP if you wear pve gear you get one shot. Orcs get stunned less and hit hard with their racial making them a really great pvp race cause if you are stunned you are good as dead to your team in bgs and arena.

Also a ton of fears were added in MOP making undead a really good pvp race again, undead also get random self heals and damage too.

This caused a ton of good pvpers that switched to human in cata to switch back to horde and be orc and undead. Look up all the rank1 players, they are all orc and undead except for the druids that can't be orc or undead.

Whatever side has the most people who like pvp will win more. Look up my statistics, since I hit lvl 90 i have only lost 5 bgs and won more than 100, i lost a lot on my way to 90 though due to bots hehe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Oqueue keeps track of your wins and losses in bgs. My boomkin is 202-31 in bgs. Not sure what groups you guys have been getting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/11/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Eisenhorne
Stahp!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Consider my team doesn't always win, alliance have to win sometime...
Reply Quote
51 Worgen Priest
02/11/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Priestiality
If a healer is doing nothing but self heals it means they aren't getting enough peels

You think so? I've seen healers who run into a group of horde for the sole purpose of self healing so they can brag to someone about how well they are healing.

What Blizzard needs to do is to remove self healing from the stats board, maybe then the 12 year old's would actually do what they queued for, healing their team.
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
I think the issue really is this: People tend to remember bad days/losses more. For example the OP:

If we go to your statistics page, you've played 325 battlegrounds total. You've won 168 of them. That gives you a 51.6% win ratio.

What does this mean? You are winning at least 50% of your bgs. Law of averages my friend. Factions should be relatively split down the middle with regards to wins. I have my days where I lose 15 bgs. Then I have days where I win 15 bgs. 50% is EXACTLY where Blizzard and the mass population should want the win ratios to be.

Mostly fair/balanced. Are there some people out there with better win ratios? Yes, of course. They premade, run with a strong friend or two, or know exactly when their server peaks performance in BGs. I have played 818 BGs, and won 512 giving me a 61.2% win ratio. Why? Because I almost ALWAYS group with friends.

I'm a healer, it's helpful having a friend who can peel nonstop for me. This allows me to heal him/her and the team and live longer allowing them to live longer and profit thus winning the BG.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
FDC
02/12/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Rettribution
I think the issue really is this: People tend to remember bad days/losses more

Agree.

Saturday night as Alliance we went 9-3 for the night. Sunday was 5-5. Last night 1-4.

Random groups get random results sometimes.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
If a healer is doing nothing but self heals it means they aren't getting enough peels

You think so? I've seen healers who run into a group of horde for the sole purpose of self healing so they can brag to someone about how well they are healing.

What Blizzard needs to do is to remove self healing from the stats board, maybe then the 12 year old's would actually do what they queued for, healing their team.

And I've seen some idiot dps go around being useless by chasing some obviously inexperienced players, then bragging about how many kbs they have.

If we go by your logic, maybe we need to remove damage and kills from the stats board, so players like yourself can stop stroking their egos?
Edited by Kirama on 2/12/2013 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
02/12/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Piñata
I've seen healers who run into a group of horde for the sole purpose of self healing so they can brag to someone about how well they are healing.

But we still always lose. They should nerf the horde, so that we don't, right?

Pinata, you have an exact 50/50 win lose ratio. So you always lose but only 1/2 the time?
Reply Quote
51 Worgen Priest

so players like yourself can stop stroking their egos?

You assume a lot. You know nothing about 'me', having an opinion about players in general is one thing, but to have one about someone you've never played with is another. Jumping to conclusions about people so quickly is usually a sign of an immature, uneducated mind.

No problem taking killing blows off the board. They really have no purpose either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]