F1-F12 Keys on OS X Lion

1 Gnome Rogue
Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to be able to bind F1 F2 F3 etc. keys on OS X Lion, I read up on how to make them available but the option to make them available for standard use is not there on my computer, I don't know if it's my keyboard type or something, I am using a Razer Black Widow
This is what my keyboard tab looks like for me under system preferences: http://i.imgur.com/H2DA3jx.jpg?1
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This may be because it is a Razer keyboard. They do have their own software where you may be able to configure it.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Even if it's a Razer keyboard, FKeys are fairly standard fare. What you may need to do is pay a visit to the Mission Control control panel in your System Preferences and disable every single item that is bound to the FKeys (F1-F12). Once that is done, if you still cannot bind those keys in WoW properly, you may need to go into the Keyboard control panel and click the "Change Keyboard Type" button and select Generic 101-key Keyboard.

Because this is a PC keyboard and most PC keyboards have ALT (which is Option in Mac OS X) directly next to the spacebar, you may also need to click the button marked "Modifier Keys..." and set the "Option" field to be Command, and set the "Command" field to be Option to properly mirror what Apple keyboard placement is like. Once you get used to it, it will be second nature.

Give these a try and see if you can get it working. Unless you absolutely need macro functionality (which you need to be very careful with when using in any Blizzard game), your best bet is to treat the Razer keyboard as a Generic 101-Key Keyboard.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]