Seal Twisting on PTR?

90 Orc Death Knight
Soo on the PTR I am able to seal twist the dummies keeping 5 stacks of Censure and 5 stacks of the New Seal of Justice proc.

Anyone know if this is working as intended, or when 5.2 goes live is only one seal effect able to be active on your target?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I believe that it's been stated that the devs don't want us Seal-twisting again, but so far they haven't done anything to discourage it. A 20s shared CD on Seals was mentioned, but I don't know if anything is to come of it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Last thing GC said on the issue was:

We don’t want to encourage more Seal twisting. We could consider a 20 sec shared cooldown on Seals if we needed to. We’d rather a PvE paladin consider which Seal made more sense for the fight at hand and a PvP paladin use Justice unless they really wanted Censure for some reason (to damage two targets at once or prevent stealth for example). As I said above, we are trying to fix a PvP problem here. If the new idea doesn’t solve that problem and paladins just prefer Truth still and we create a lot of pressure to Seal twist, then we’re doing more harm than good.

As long as Seals are on the GCD I really hope Seal twisting doesn't become necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
if people start seal-twisting and theorycrafters of note start encouraging it, expect an unpleasant and punitive cooldown attached to seals. i rather like the idea of swapping seals as situation demands, but there's no space at all between having that be a necessary mechanic to exploit for maximum damage output and having it be a terrible idea that always results in a net loss. the idea is interesting, and always has been, but it's never panned out in this game and it likely never will, given the pace of combat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's pretty easy to keep five stacks of both when the justice buff isn't being consumed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't see what's wrong with seal twisting, just throw a shared cooldown on them and remove them from the GCD.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Last thing GC said on the issue was:

We don’t want to encourage more Seal twisting. We could consider a 20 sec shared cooldown on Seals if we needed to. We’d rather a PvE paladin consider which Seal made more sense for the fight at hand and a PvP paladin use Justice unless they really wanted Censure for some reason (to damage two targets at once or prevent stealth for example). As I said above, we are trying to fix a PvP problem here. If the new idea doesn’t solve that problem and paladins just prefer Truth still and we create a lot of pressure to Seal twist, then we’re doing more harm than good.

As long as Seals are on the GCD I really hope Seal twisting doesn't become necessary.

What? i seem to also recall this post.

Likewise, we had a lot of feedback, principally from Ret paladins, that changing Seals (occasionally - not rotationally) was something they wanted to do. Given that Ret has some problems with burst damage outside of cooldowns, we thought this was a good solution
-Greg Street on SoJ changes
Edited by Chrisea on 2/12/2013 5:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What? i seem to also recall this post.

Likewise, we had a lot of feedback, principally from Ret paladins, that changing Seals (occasionally - not rotationally) was something they wanted to do. Given that Ret has some problems with burst damage outside of cooldowns, we thought this was a good solution
-Greg Street on SoJ changes

Changing seals occasionally isn't the same as seal twisting (which is changing them constantly to keep both effects up). Changing seals for certain situations (e.g. switching to Righteousness before an AoE pull, then back to Truth for the next pull) is fine. Changing seals every 15 seconds would be super annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The new effect being put into Seal of Justice may be better suited to a non-Seal ability, or perhaps added into Inquisition somehow, allowing you build up stacks for TV's heavier hits by simply keeping Inquisition up and landing melee hits. I like the idea, and it might serve sustained damage well for not being a cooldown in its own right while sidestepping Seal twisting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]