install problems

85 Blood Elf Hunter
so ive seen alot of this has happened a long time ago so maybe they have issused resolved.
i bought the disc copies of moP today and im trying to install directly from discs i can click install and it says installing but is stuck at 0.4% for the 3 hour now and my internet speed is poor nor is security setup im on mac osx 10.6.8
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Are you on a school or university network by chance?

Reply Quote
Actually, I'm seeing this exact same problem right now on a fresh install from the DVD on my new iMac. The installer is stuck at 0.4%.

At first I thought it was just due to heavy I/O load due to simultaneously copying all my old files from backup while installing WoW, but about four hours later, the install is still hung.

I'll restart the installer tonight and see how it goes. If I need to, I can either download it or just copy the WoW folder from my MacBook, but I'd kind of like to know why the installer broke.
Edited by Allyriae on 2/12/2013 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]