5.2 warrior pvp arms or fury??

90 Human Warrior
Ill keep doing what I have always done, Fury TG or tank in PVP..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Warbringer is still the talent to pick.
You don't want to waste glyph space on blitz.
Any of the charges work though.

Second wind. Enraged regen if you think it has a cooler name.

Shouts are all good. Staggering is my preference.

Bladestorm is only for fury. Hits hard, just make sure they aren't going anywhere.
Dragon Roar will deal damage up front but doesnt do as much as bladestorm - bladestorm > Dragon roar for fury, other way round for arms.
Shockwave is a cc which comes with a free uppercut. Huge damage, or damage with CC? Choose.

Safeguard is probsbly a better choice here if you have the banner macro. Otherwise mass. Both are great.

Burst damage- Avatar
Mo damage- blood bath (mini burst, more frequent).
Cc- storm bolt.
Choose.

For me it's really

Fury - Survivability and burst.
Arms- Cutcut ut cutcut DONT STOP CUTTING
Prot- gtf off me alliance scrub.

For fury
TG is a better choice.
SMF is really arms with a good bladestorm, worse damage.

For arms
Use a 2h

Prot
Sword and board.

It is how you play. Do some experimenting. science!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Warbringer is still the talent to pick.
You don't want to waste glyph space on blitz.
Any of the charges work though.

Second wind. Enraged regen if you think it has a cooler name.

Shouts are all good. Staggering is my preference.

Bladestorm is only for fury. Hits hard, just make sure they aren't going anywhere.
Dragon Roar will deal damage up front but doesnt do as much as bladestorm - bladestorm > Dragon roar for fury, other way round for arms.
Shockwave is a cc which comes with a free uppercut. Huge damage, or damage with CC? Choose.

Safeguard is probsbly a better choice here if you have the banner macro. Otherwise mass. Both are great.

Burst damage- Avatar
Mo damage- blood bath (mini burst, more frequent).
Cc- storm bolt.
Choose.

For me it's really

Fury - Survivability and burst.
Arms- Cutcut ut cutcut DONT STOP CUTTING
Prot- gtf off me alliance scrub.

For fury
TG is a better choice.
SMF is really arms with a good bladestorm, worse damage.

For arms
Use a 2h

Prot
Sword and board.

It is how you play. Do some experimenting. science!

Not true on any charge. Warbringer was only useful because it doesn't DR with Shockwave, that's it. The new change with Warbringer by slowing enemies is not that great, since you can do that with Juggernaut & Blitz glyph. Instead of doing the Warbringer effect every 20 seconds, you can do it every 12, more rage, more uptime, and better use of Staggering Shout on multiple opponents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I was thinking of going Avatar. But I've found that using Stormbolt is direly useful when a somethings roots me, walks five feet away, and begins to cast a big heal.

Nothing like a good ol "STOP THAT *POW*" to buy me more time.

Intimidating shout works well in those situations as well and is baseline + lasts longer (and lets you use Avatar to wreck face).

I'm just not sure if I'm going to keep Shockwave or swap to Bladestorm+Stormbolt. I think I'll only do the later if Fury ends up being viable for Reckstorm lulz. Although, I'd rather SMF fury than TG, but with Bladestorm, seems like TG is going to make the most out of that CD. Full duration Stormbolt into a CS rotation/rage dump then Bladestorm would probably wreck some face.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Does Bstorm still break roots?

Since yesterday I have removed arms from my talent tree. Figured I might as well as it is apparently god awful on the ptr. Been playing around with fury in bgs and a few drunk arenas. It isn't bad. The extra health pool is certainly nice and much needed given the d stance nerf incoming. When I have a mage/monk/hunter on the team I can generally hit 50% crit bloodthirsts after gemming pvp power/crit. It also feels slightly less fluid than arms, but I guarantee that will change w/ OP now costing us 10 rage. I currently prefer arms but don't see why I should hang onto a dying breed

The only realm gimp with fury in low level brackets is not having berserker rage up for fears. I don't know if it will ever be viable in high level brackets because of this critical flaw. Well that, and that you can dispel it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/12/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Narcaine
The only realm gimp with fury in low level brackets is not having berserker rage up for fears. I don't know if it will ever be viable in high level brackets because of this critical flaw. Well that, and that you can dispel it.

I seriously dont know why people keep saying, you dont have to use berserker rage for offense as fury, especially if you have high enough crit, seriously people say this all the time and its kinda silly.

Yes it increases your damage and is like a mini cd, but using it in your rotation while your fighting again a fear class is absolutely stupid and i dont know why anyone in their right mind would do it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Fury is to random. You could go a few bloodthirst in a row with no raging blow and wild strike procs. Yes you can get lucky and get raging blow procs and wild strike procs and just blow someone up. Or you can get none and be a hindrance to your team. Plus enrage can be dispelled. With that being said it could still be better than arms come 5.2. Not because its better but only because its more functional than arms broken rotation. And its very frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Does Bstorm still break roots?

Yes and makes you immune to CC for the duration. And in 5.2 is being buffed to not disarmable status again. So for TG fury, it's not a bad move on a lowish CD. Would still like to see it go to 1min to better line up with bloodbath for PvE though.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/12/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Stealthrage
Fury is to random. You could go a few bloodthirst in a row with no raging blow and wild strike procs. Yes you can get lucky and get raging blow procs and wild strike procs and just blow someone up. Or you can get none and be a hindrance to your team. Plus enrage can be dispelled. With that being said it could still be better than arms come 5.2. Not because its better but only because its more functional than arms broken rotation. And its very frustrating.

You could get unlucky and not get many procs, however fury can sit in dstance much better then arms can in 5.2 especially with Ws procs being free, and even if fury had to go into battle stance, the rage gen fury produces is miles better then arms so even if you dont get Enrage or bs procs you can still use WS and have rage left over for other things.

Basically until arms can sit in dstance again better then fury, its not going to be as good, though really i think that they both could use a couple buffs to make them equal.

Arms:

-OP cost reduced to 5 rage. Op no longer reduces the cd on Ms by .5 sec

-Slam Reduces the cd on Ms by .5 sec

Fury:

-Whenever your Enrage is dispelled your next Bloodthirst has a 100% chance to crit.

- Bloodsurge: Your Bloodthirst hits have a 30% chance to reduce the gcd to 1 sec and the rage cost of your next 3 wildstrikes by 30.
Or
Your bloodthirst hits have a 30% chance to reduce the cost of your next two wildstrikes by 30 rage, and increase their damage done by 20%.

Arms/Fury: DbtS now reduces the damage taken by 25% (up from 20%) to offset the Dstance nerf

Arms/Fury: Demoralizing Banner Reduces the damage taken by 15% (up from 10%) to offset the dstance nerf.

So by doing these things arms and fury would be closer in viability and hopefuly come down to playstyle, Also the changes to DbtS and demo banner is to allow arms and fury the same defense as right now but now its switched to active cds rather then passive.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If fury is sitting in dstance and getting no procs its not much different than arms. Both would be doing little damage. Or fury could get a bunch of procs and function great. The problem is its to random. One game everything can go great another game very little procs. You think serious players will put up with the hot and cold game? The best fix I see for arms now is allow stance changing in stuns. Or to deal with the rage issues just combine battle stance and berserker stance. Not like anyone is using berserker stance anyways.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/13/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Ragedsoul
If fury is sitting in dstance and getting no procs its not much different than arms. Both would be doing little damage. Or fury could get a bunch of procs and function great. The problem is its to random. One game everything can go great another game very little procs. You think serious players will put up with the hot and cold game? The best fix I see for arms now is allow stance changing in stuns. Or to deal with the rage issues just combine battle stance and berserker stance. Not like anyone is using berserker stance anyways.

Actually its better then arms still because the cd on Bt is still shorter then Ms so your going to get more rage flowing still. And if you do switch to battle your still gaining more rage then arms so you can still maintain a better rotation.

As it stands right now especially with tyrannical gear giving good amounts of crit, Fury is going to be able to perform better then arms simply because its not as rage starved as arms in dstance, and its definitely not raged starved in battle stance like arms can be. (Try arms out in the ptr your either starved or you get lucky procs and are swimming in rage, just like fury only its worse and this is in battle stance.)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
02/12/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Narcaine

You NEVER use berserker rage offensively unless you are 110% sure that it would get you a kill or if the other team doesn't have a fear/incapacite or you are 110% sure that they have and will have it in cooldown for longer that 30s.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/13/2013 03:37 PMPosted by Drevi

You NEVER use berserker rage offensively unless you are 110% sure that it would get you a kill or if the other team doesn't have a fear/incapacite or you are 110% sure that they have and will have it in cooldown for longer that 30s.

Kinda ruins our mastery then if rng doesnt go well
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
02/11/2013 04:05 PMPosted by Ezyo
Get used to it. It's like Throwdown except it stuns multiple opponents with a bigger range and if you hit more than 3 it goes to 20 seconds. I don't see why you're complaining.

I wish they would bring back throwdown baseline, then they could make shockwave replace it if you spec into it. it would give us some extra control and would open up the options for Bs and DR

To be honest, instead of TD I would prefer the double hammy root back. Wouldn't quite be as powerful but would keep the mages from whining.

Now, for my spec. I could see as Fury, picking up BS and speccing into Storm Bolt So that we still have a stun on a reliable cooldown in most 1v1 or 2 scenarios where it will be more useful.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/13/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Narcaine

In next seasons gear it shouldnt be a problem.

To be honest, instead of TD I would prefer the double hammy root back. Wouldn't quite be as powerful but would keep the mages from whining.

Now, for my spec. I could see as Fury, picking up BS and speccing into Storm Bolt So that we still have a stun on a reliable cooldown in most 1v1 or 2 scenarios where it will be more useful.

There is no need for imp hammy cause thats basically what staggering shout is only it works off of any snare which makes it 100x better then imp hammy.

having baseline TD and have it replaced by shockwave if you spec it would be more logical and would open up Bs and DR as viable options for that tier.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
02/13/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Narcaine

Better than loose a game case you couldn't break a cc.

Also at full gear you are bad luck Brian if you are not consistently critting BT.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Imp Hammy had a shorter cd on the effect than staggering. I think it was like once every 20 seconds or so. The range on staggering is nice but I don't find it useful enough to spec into over piercing howl. I would rather have a ranged slow with no cd than a ranged root with a longer cd.

Having TD baseline would bring in the stun specs where people die inside of a chained stun locks and a root. Its just not very good design IMO.

I think having hammy root baseline and then doing something with Staggering Shout would be a good way to address a possible change to the way warriors would function in PvP.
Edited by Kerex on 2/13/2013 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I need to stack crit more.

Don't I?

Edit: Also grabbing the STR fist weapons for Mog and SMF once the patch hits and I stack up some extra honor.
Edited by Lookwa on 2/13/2013 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/13/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Kerex
Imp Hammy had a shorter cd on the effect than staggering. I think it was like once every 20 seconds or so. The range on staggering is nice but I don't find it useful enough to spec into over piercing howl. I would rather have a ranged slow with no cd than a ranged root with a longer cd.

Imp hammy was terribad, it was actually every 30 secs, you HAD to have hamstring on them for the root to be applied, EVERY slow in the game negated hamstring.

Staggering shout is 10 sec longer cd, works with all slows in the game and will snare multiple targets if they are slowed.

Staggering wins.

02/13/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Kerex
Having TD baseline would bring in the stun specs where people die inside of a chained stun locks and a root. Its just not very good design IMO.

it'd be the same amount of time as it was in cata if you were to charge> TD a target, it wouldnt bring back stun locks because TD would be replaced by shockwave if you specced into it and if you ran Warbringer TD or TD stormbolt it would be the same amount of time because of DR.

Even then if you could achieve a longer stunlock its not happening ever 20 sec, but every 40 sec, and its only single target therefore easier to counter.

And finally your hamstring root baseline thing is still the same thing as my throwdown baseline except for my idea not everyone will take staggering shout pver piercing howl, but people will take shockwave in pvp still and with your idea they will simply Shockwave> imp hammy. So basically you just contradicted yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
RBG?
Fury all the way ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]