What if fury's mastery..

Increased just your physical damage, not tied to enrage but enrage was still important due to RB procs.. Would it be OP?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
It would be boring, from a design standpoint, and enough classes have boring mastery like that already.
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
Isn't that basically just Strength then?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Why would this change need to be implemented? The only thing I could think of would be to help reduce Critical Strike scaling.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
strength 2.0
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
That would be paladin Mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
And I wouldn't go as low as to copycat a paladin. Spine-less cowards who hide behind their so called lights, knowing that their strength won't suffice to carry them in battle.
Reply Quote
Ok how about this:

Your Bloodthirst and colosus smash hits have an x% chance to give 2 charges of RB rather then 1.
Reply Quote
Basically the change is to make furys mastery not be so useless against certain classes
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
History suggests that - if blizz were to change Fury's Mastery to be active on all attacks - they would also nerf the benefit to achieve the same overall number. Actually, if it were all physical damage, then Fury would scale even better than it already does at high gear levels. Leading Blizz to nerf the effect even more.
Reply Quote
well this is more from a pvp standpoint, its fine for fury to have its mastery when you have 1005 uptime on a boss, really though the thing i think blizz should do is make Bt have 25-30% baseline crit chance rather then double crit
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Fury mastery should be this:

You have an X% chance that your abilities have more RnG abilities while enraged.

Blood Thirst: You have a .01% chance to generate a free charge of execute, stacks 10 times, 3 second duration.
Raging Blow: Has a 20% chance to glance off the boss and striking you in the face for 100% of the original damage. And puts a debuff on you called: Dum bass. Self explanitory.
Bloodsurge: When Bloodsurge procs you have a 70% chance for Bloodsurge to last .5 seconds.
Wild Strike: Has a 50% chance to spray wet noodles at your opponent doing 1% of your hp in damage, leaving you slightly fatigued.
Heroic Strike: When used you have a 80% chance to get a buff called, Look at me! Making the boss turn around until one successful boss attack goes off.
Execute: Now only activates at 1% hp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Fury mastery should be this:

You have an X% chance that your abilities have more RnG abilities while enraged.

Blood Thirst: You have a .01% chance to generate a free charge of execute, stacks 10 times, 3 second duration.
Raging Blow: Has a 20% chance to glance off the boss and striking you in the face for 100% of the original damage. And puts a debuff on you called: Dum bass. Self explanitory.
Bloodsurge: When Bloodsurge procs you have a 70% chance for Bloodsurge to last .5 seconds.
Wild Strike: Has a 50% chance to spray wet noodles at your opponent doing 1% of your hp in damage, leaving you slightly fatigued.
Heroic Strike: When used you have a 80% chance to get a buff called, Look at me! Making the boss turn around until one successful boss attack goes off.
Execute: Now only activates at 1% hp.

7/10
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I think it would be cool if fury's mastery would lower gcd times and cd times. stack mastery for 1min cd on reck with 4 piece lol priceless
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
As stated they can't safely adjust Fury warrior Mastery due to the consequences surrounding it.
In terms of a PvP standpoint, changing the mastery would stop you from getting it removed, but they could just make warrior Enrage go the way of Ret Paladin Avenging Wrath and that would more or less fix your argument. However, that would defeat the mechanics that have been in play before it. You'd probably also see the return of the fury warrior in pvp due to being a burst class who could blow all cds and (assuming) no interruption or downtime on a target, kill it too fast to have meaningful pvp matches with.
Reply Quote
As stated they can't safely adjust Fury warrior Mastery due to the consequences surrounding it.
In terms of a PvP standpoint, changing the mastery would stop you from getting it removed, but they could just make warrior Enrage go the way of Ret Paladin Avenging Wrath and that would more or less fix your argument. However, that would defeat the mechanics that have been in play before it. You'd probably also see the return of the fury warrior in pvp due to being a burst class who could blow all cds and (assuming) no interruption or downtime on a target, kill it too fast to have meaningful pvp matches with.

If they made enrage undispellable it wouldn't be game breaking, its a stupid mechanic that a classes mastery that already does not have 100% uptime, all fury's damage is tied to it, and 2 abilities proc it or you can toggle it every 30 sec, gets removed without any negative consequences what so ever.

As for the burst, there are many more specs right now that kill too fast to have meaningful pvp, however this wouldnt break them. Having furys mastery be undispellable or atleast have some form of protection would be nice and would help it out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't really spec Fury but I have dabbled a little. Maybe add if dispelled it will add an RB proc or even if dispelled 100% chance on next BS to crit which would in turn cause an RB hit. First one is not a bad change. Second change would have hunters and rogues complaining cause they keep causing RB procs after they shiv or tranq.
Reply Quote
I don't really spec Fury but I have dabbled a little. Maybe add if dispelled it will add an RB proc or even if dispelled 100% chance on next BS to crit which would in turn cause an RB hit. First one is not a bad change. Second change would have hunters and rogues complaining cause they keep causing RB procs after they shiv or tranq.

I think you meant BT and not BS? The first one would be interesting. Heres an idea as well:

If enrage is dispelled your next Raging blow will:

1. Be an automatic crit

2. Unable to be Dodged or Parried

3. Hit as though your were still enraged

Now not all 3 of these really it could just be 1 of them But 2 would work as well. Aff locks UA automatically hits the target with UA on them and the dispeller for 80k baseline in 5.2 and it still silences the dispeller so i dont think these suggestions would be too strong tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/11/2013 07:42 AMPosted by Razden

I really like the sound of the second one.
Reply Quote

I really like the sound of the second one.

I thought he was talking about BT but i wasn't sure. Now that i think about it, that second option would be really funny, but it could work as well, you could try and bait a shiv or tranq shot and hold the first RB charge, and back the 2nd for some burst.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]