This server needs a bad guy

86 Human Warlock
This server needs a better class of criminal.

And I'm gonna give it to 'em.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
This server needs a better class of criminal.

And I'm gonna give it to 'em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YrrAroK6bI
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
There are plenty of bad guys. Bad guys who constitute a serious threat? Those won't, even can't exist while the heroes are essentially invulnerable. Right now, nearly every Hero/Villain dynamic is animated G.I. Joe/Scooby-Doo tier, in that something as simple as an injury requiring time in a hospital requires a titanic amount of bargaining and pre-planning, and out and out death is absolutely out of the question. If the Hero can't lose, what in the world does the player portraying a Villain get out of the interaction?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
02/10/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Aldrian
There are plenty of bad guys. Bad guys who constitute a serious threat? Those won't, even can't exist while the heroes are essentially invulnerable. Right now, nearly every Hero/Villain dynamic is animated G.I. Joe/Scooby-Doo tier, in that something as simple as an injury requiring time in a hospital requires a titanic amount of bargaining and pre-planning, and out and out death is absolutely out of the question. If the Hero can't lose, what in the world does the player portraying a Villain get out of the interaction?

Joker batman
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm sort of tired of the hero/villian dynamic, tbh. Wtb more grey areas.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
02/10/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Ferenold

WTB more Greymane areas.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
02/10/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Ferenold

look no further than the civilians. A great quote that may bring interest to you and perhaps help people flesh out 'evil' or bad characters is this. "Every villain is a hero in his own mind." Villains that do things for the sake of being evil are boring, one dimensional and frankly poorly written. When a characters actions are good in intent but ultimately it makes him evil or hated by everyone else it makes that character far more interesting.

One example is this; we shall call this man J, now J is evil and slaughters a village. He slaughters the village and then tries to bring them back through necromancy. J is very boring and it is unclear really why he is trying this.

This next man is X; X had a wife who was murdered, this devastated X and drove him partially insane. So X keeps his wifes corpse frozen in time and he goes out to seek a way to rip her soul back from death. X slaughters an entire village and then delves in necromancy, all in an attempt to find a way to bring his wife back. This makes him evil in the eyes of many but he feels he has a noble purpose and even feels justified in killing and trying anything as long as he gets his wife back.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/10/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Zhouliang

WTB more Greymane areas.

Yeah, Greymane was definitely an interesting case.

02/10/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Shàdownero

look no further than the civilians. A great quote that may bring interest to you and perhaps help people flesh out 'evil' or bad characters is this. "Every villain is a hero in his own mind." Villains that do things for the sake of being evil are boring, one dimensional and frankly poorly written. When a characters actions are good in intent but ultimately it makes him evil or hated by everyone else it makes that character far more interesting.

One example is this; we shall call this man J, now J is evil and slaughters a village. He slaughters the village and then tries to bring them back through necromancy. J is very boring and it is unclear really why he is trying this.

This next man is X; X had a wife who was murdered, this devastated X and drove him partially insane. So X keeps his wifes corpse frozen in time and he goes out to seek a way to rip her soul back from death. X slaughters an entire village and then delves in necromancy, all in an attempt to find a way to bring his wife back. This makes him evil in the eyes of many but he feels he has a noble purpose and even feels justified in killing and trying anything as long as he gets his wife back.

These both sound pretty boring to me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
What would you like then Ferenold? A farmer who lives out his days picking turnips? That is a grey area. No dynamic no true purpose not real desire or intent. Every character interaction can be put into either passive, aggressive or indifferent. Indifferent makes for the most boring characters because they cannot hold substance. But indifferent is a grey area, an NPC who spends their days wandering the forest never really doing anything or making an impact on anyone, interactions are meaningless because if you remain in the grey area the character simply cannot grow.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/10/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Shàdownero
What would you like then Ferenold? A farmer who lives out his days picking turnips? That is a grey area. No dynamic no true purpose not real desire or intent. Every character interaction can be put into either passive, aggressive or indifferent. Indifferent makes for the most boring characters because they cannot hold substance. But indifferent is a grey area, an NPC who spends their days wandering the forest never really doing anything or making an impact on anyone, interactions are meaningless because if you remain in the grey area the character simply cannot grow.

I thought I made it clear that Greymane was interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Grey is a boring color.
Grey is a boring morality.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
There's a difference between a saturday morning cartoon villain and an antagonist. Right now, all we can have are villains, someone who is unambiguously morally in the wrong, because simple circumstances demand simple characters. The antagonist can only be as complex as the protagonist.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Grey is a boring color.
Grey is a boring morality.

Don't be so blue.
Reply Quote
Man. I knew a greymane joke was going to come up here.

But, Hankus. If you liked my style of RP and bad guy, you and I can totally RP some more. If that's what you were looking for.

I haven't been nearly as busy as I have the past month. <3 You know where I am!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]