29s Readycheck COMPLETE! Games Feb. 17th!

29 Tauren Paladin
No, rets are terrible right now. Templar Verdict damage isn't scaled correctly.

Much better stacking ap/str as prot and using Avenger's Shield.

Just because Ret's no longer crit for 2k damage doesn't mean they suck. Please don't talk trash before we've even had our first game night.

Look at my class.

What spec do you think I normally played in this and other lower level brackets?

Ret isn't viable right now at lower levels. With the same gear plus a shield, you can hit 300% harder with the pally Avenger Shield than you can with Templar Verdict. That is ONE button difference. The only other dps button that may even factor into play at all is Exorcism.

I wasn't talking trash, merely giving the experienced viewpoint of a RET who has had to convert to PROT since MoP came out to do anything meaningful at all in a game.

Think before you post. :P
29 Tauren Paladin
02/10/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Luplis
As someone who has been doing constant 29 Wargames, I can say Retribution at 29 is just fine. Is it as good as a Avenger's Shield slow/silence? Probably not, but still viable DPS? Yes.

I completely dispute that claim. I guarantee you a dps prot will obliterate a ret...both for total dps numbers, kills, 1v1, everything.

Just because Ret's no longer crit for 2k damage doesn't mean they suck. Please don't talk trash before we've even had our first game night.

Look at my class.

What spec do you think I normally played in this and other lower level brackets?

Ret isn't viable right now at lower levels. With the same gear plus a shield, you can hit 300% harder with the pally Avenger Shield than you can with Templar Verdict. That is ONE button difference. The only other dps button that may even factor into play at all is Exorcism.

I wasn't talking trash, merely giving the experienced viewpoint of a RET who has had to convert to PROT since MoP came out to do anything meaningful at all in a game.

Think before you post. :P

Relax guy, we've been playing wargames off and on over the last few months. We know of a couple rets that play and do just fine. If you don't like the spec anymore, then just don't play it. No reason to come to the forums and post about how it's garbage and everyone would be better off as prot.
29 Blood Elf Priest
Depending on the night sign me up.
Raptorjeesus Horde
Marabea Alliance
39 Orc Hunter
A: Guerilla, Phatshotz

H: Guerilla, G@nj@ (wouldnt let me put "a" w/o blurring it out)

Also feel free to add me on battletag at Phatwun#1680

- Phatshotz, #1 29 Dense Prick Hunter

P.S SAMMY BOY CANT WAIT TO HAVE U BACK HOMIE
Edited by Ganjá on 2/10/2013 11:10 AM PST
39 Human Paladin
02/10/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Imperialynx
Ret isn't viable right now at lower levels.

Yes it is.
29 Human Warrior
02/10/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Nastaygurl
It would be helpful to have 2 people willing to FC the first night back.
29 Tauren Paladin
02/10/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Baeloro
Relax guy, we've been playing wargames off and on over the last few months. We know of a couple rets that play and do just fine. If you don't like the spec anymore, then just don't play it. No reason to come to the forums and post about how it's garbage and everyone would be better off as prot.

You kinda have no idea what you are talking about. Listening to you describe rets as being fine when I know they aren't is somewhat ridiculous.

Get on a ret and play it, then switch to prot and experience how much better it is. Otherwise don't comment on forums because you literally have no idea.

But please, continue posting on the matter because that's what you do.
29 Draenei Shaman
I might be interested. I gotta look into the new gear though. Just did a SM run and it was like >_> I didn't even know they changed it again...

Edit - or maybe it was scarlet halls? Wow, I had no idea this changed lolol.

No worries -- shout out when you want on the list!
29 Tauren Paladin
02/10/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Cashmunyx
Ret isn't viable right now at lower levels.

Yes it is.

Switch to prot with same gear then get back to me.
29 Blood Elf Priest
Honestly Golden stop whining like a little girl and !@#$
29 Tauren Paladin
Shut up kid.
39 Draenei Shaman
Well that got started faster than anticipated. Good to see things getting back to form so quickly!
29 Blood Elf Priest
02/10/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Imperialynx
Shut up kid.

oh boy looks like i hurt junior's feelings
29 Draenei Shaman
02/10/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Yoube
Well that got started faster than anticipated. Good to see things getting back to form so quickly!

It's like a captcha for verifying thread authenticity. Yep, we're a real 29s thread!
02/10/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Nirise

It's like a captcha for verifying thread authenticity. Yep, we're a real 29s thread!

ROFL, totally this.
29 Tauren Paladin
02/10/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Yoube

People will say what they will.

I'll reduce it to a very basic number: Avenger Shield hits 300% harder than Templar Verdict against players.

I have found this to be true in 19 and 20-24 bracket where there are no longer any rets in active daily gameplay and haven't been since MoP.

That is all. There may be a slippery slope of opinion as to what constitutes "viable" on the part of ret, but I think it's a disservice to ret players (who may quit due to not hitting very hard) to not let them know that they can play dps prot with minor retooling.
49 Human Rogue
its kinda like playing mutilate as a rogue now, sure its 'viable' in that it does more than 1 damage every hit, but sub and combat are just better ;p
People will say what they will.

I'll reduce it to a very basic number: Avenger Shield hits 300% harder than Templar Verdict against players.

I have found this to be true in 19 and 20-24 bracket where there are no longer any rets in active daily gameplay and haven't been since MoP.

That is all. There may be a slippery slope of opinion as to what constitutes "viable" on the part of ret, but I think it's a disservice to ret players (who may quit due to not hitting very hard) to not let them know that they can play dps prot with minor retooling.

And this is the part you don't get: we've been doing wargames as recently as just last week. We have people who play Prot as their main spec, who have also been playing as Ret. Their damage numbers at the end of each game are competitive in both specs.

I think you're the one doing a disservice by making a stink in this thread about how crappy ret is....
29 Blood Elf Mage
02/10/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Nirise

Lol

02/10/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Ganjá
P.S SAMMY BOY CANT WAIT TO HAVE U BACK HOMIE

Recess is over. Class is now in session.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]