Warrior dps threat drop?

90 Orc Warrior
Warrior dps threat seems really high at the moment.

My group has very strong tanks and pulling threat isn't an issue but a warrior not having an active or a passive threat drop is kind of !@#$. At least for dps. In my group if the tanks die due to something I am the first to go dps wise. Generally %^-* like that is a wipe but sometimes it's on a progression kill and it's that last 5% people are all dying. Maybe blizzard equates to having strong executes we don't deserve threat drops because its too strong. But for pve purposes I think it would be great. What do you guys think?
Edited by Awe on 2/10/2013 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I don't see what kind of threat drop would make sense with the warrior theme though. Anything of the likes would sound like cowardice, which simply isn't fitting with the warrior theme. We're too "reckless" of a class per design for a move like that to make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Touché. However you would think since we are reckless we can get out of !@#$ faster
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The Warrior threat drop is Death.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/10/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Lowmaine

LOL

Well said
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Be careful what you wish for.

Next patch: Warriors get Cower via Symb.

Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I agree completely with this. I have to remind the pally healer every damn pull to salv me or I pull threat and get nuked by the boss
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Most logical thing in my mind would be if heroic leap doesn't hit a target it acts as some sort of threat drop. Given the change to heroic leap glyph next patch sacrificing using HL on cooldown on fights where you think the tank(s) might get insta gibbed wont end up being all that much of a dps loss.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Being high threat has worked in my favor quite a few times. Make an "OH CRAP" macro that will equip a shield, put you in D stance, and pop shield wall. When the tank drops hit that and between shield wall and die by the sword you should be able to survive for a decent while.

I've tanked several progression kills for the last few % to get the kill.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Being high threat has worked in my favor quite a few times. Make an "OH CRAP" macro that will equip a shield, put you in D stance, and pop shield wall. When the tank drops hit that and between shield wall and die by the sword you should be able to survive for a decent while.

I've tanked several progression kills for the last few % to get the kill.

Yup, I have an "oh sh@t" macro for this very reason.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Die by the sword... if your fingers are too fat to press that after you get aggro I feel sorry for you
Edited by Manmode on 2/10/2013 5:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/10/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Manmode
Die by the sword... if your fingers are too fat to press that after you get aggro I feel sorry for you

You can't die by the sword away from casters mobs though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
DbtS doesn't do much for aoe damage either.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
if it's really an issue you have one of two options, count to 5 (with mississippi's) or have something like salv or intervene used on you (assuming they're available) to reduce your threat. Other than that just make sure you aren't in defensive stance.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Slav isn't a solution anymore. You just have no threat while active. You are still generating threat. And intervene doesn't reduce threat anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

I was told that it was rebirth, but I see what you're saying.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/11/2013 03:16 PMPosted by Zookk

I was told that it was rebirth, but I see what you're saying.

I remember in BC when I would purposely pull threat pre-execute so I could get res'd and go into execute with full CDs and no fear of threat. The guild had rebuffing me down to a science when I called on vent "Malf is dropping threat" lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm fortunate to have a "threat drop". It's called "Shadowmeld". :p

In all seriousness, they should KEEP Deadly Calm and give it a threat drop/threat transfer feature, instead of it being a DPS CD. The name fits with what it's trying to do!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Die by the sword...if your tank cant re-taunt in that time it's time to find a new one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]