Not recieving push notifications

90 Orc Monk
Hey!

Just thought I'd chime in. I have an iPhone 5, latest version of iOS and Armory with AT&T. It signs me out of guild chat every time my phone goes into standby.

Is this working as intended or no? Just curious
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Hey!

Just thought I'd chime in. I have an iPhone 5, latest version of iOS and Armory with AT&T. It signs me out of guild chat every time my phone goes into standby.

Is this working as intended or no? Just curious

When this happens, is your status in-game updated to Mobile Away or does it remove you from the Guild Roster? You will need to refresh the Guild Roster window in WoW -- that's a WoW bug.

Technically, if you go into standby, the app will always be disconnected from some level of persistence. When this happens, we place the last active character from the Mobile Armory into a Mobile Away state. During this time, chat history is stored on our servers for around 30 minutes (you will see this chat if you return to the app within this time frame) and push notifications are relayed to your device via your carrier's server if a whisper is sent to your now Mobile Away character.

It's impossible to guarantee a constant connection on a "mobile" device. Because we cannot assume why or how a device loses its connection, and in order to improve reliability, we consider disconnections from mobile guild chat that aren't directly tied to intentionally tapping a sign out button, as being Mobile Away. A mobile app, no matter what you think your eyes are telling you, can never maintain its backend connection all of the time, so involves some level of illusion to actually function as you perceive them to function on a more stable platform, such as a desktop computer or game console.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
I just missed out on a raid because my guildy sent me a message through the app and I never received it. I was online in game because she sent it to a character i only use for auction house.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
FAI
I just downloaded mobile armory for the first time and I'm having a similar issue. Guild chat is not being cached/pushed when I open the chat window after locking screen/ swapping apps, and people whispering me say they can't send whispers/respond.

Running iOS 6 on iPhone 3S

Edit: additionally, it frequently does not list other player's names or list the name as "character:00000(more numbers here)"
Edited by Chucklesmash on 10/21/2013 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We have a fix in the client update that I am currently testing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]