Are enhancement shaman viable in pvp/pve

85 Dwarf Shaman
I'm thinking about coming back to wow, I haven't played since Cata and I've heard shaman are pretty weak right now. I just wanted to know how enhance is in pvp and pve.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
We're in a very good place with PvE. Solid damage output, some really nice utility, decent enough survivability, sexy burst damage. AoE is a bit clumsy to set up, but it does pretty well once it gets rolling. Otherwise MoP enh >>>> Cata enh, in my personal opinion.

From the sounds of it, enhancement's performances within PvP area of things aren't the best at the moment. Granted, this varies greatly depending on who you speak with. Some do pretty well despite the spec's draw backs, others...well, I'm sure you could get a pretty good picture if you browse a few of the other threads in this forum.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't do PvP but i've heard they are pretty weak at the moment. However PvE wise they are great.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Regularly near the top of the meters if you want to go by that.

In any case, PvE wise we are very solid. Good damage and some nice raid utility with lust/heroism and storm lash totem. Can also assist with dispelling if you need to and some poor healing assistance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
PvE:Great, save for cleave and you may or may not care for the AoE mechanics. Solid

PvP:Depends on who you're partnered with.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
PVE: solid dps and enjoyable to play

PVP: Really squishy, I pvp'd as enhance for this whole season in full malevolent and i got squished all the time in 2s and bgs. I went resto with lesser quality gear is instantly noticed a difference in survivability. Probably going to stick with resto in pvp next season, enhance for pve
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So you're saying you had more survivability as a healer than as enhance and this surprised you?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Stop being a pansy Dwarf and get to fightin' instead of asking Sally induced questions. I shred.

-Bossclaw
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/14/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Spectie
So you're saying you had more survivability as a healer than as enhance and this surprised you?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Shamans are fine in PvP. Of course we have our flaws, mainly due to our unique "playstyle". We lack CC, mobility and mitigation. But we have a nice burst and we have what IMO si the best "root" in game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I can't speak on PvP but in PvE we are awesome. Very fun and very viable.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Regularly near the top of the meters if you want to go by that.

In any case, PvE wise we are very solid. Good damage and some nice raid utility with lust/heroism and storm lash totem. Can also assist with dispelling if you need to and some poor healing assistance.

I don't remember the last time I got to use Bloodlust before Mage#76273 already has TW going.

Burst can be really good, AOE is clunky as hell and doesn't perform as well as it should for the amount of effort needed to use it.

We can help out with heals a bit when times get tough, but suffer a huge loss in DPS if we do, I guess that's how it should be though.

PVE damage is pretty decent overall, I'm happy with enhancement for the most part.

2 things I'd like to see changed, AOE, it's clunky and not as good as it should be,

Remove searing totem, it's clunky, it doesn't always work right, and I don't see why we have to worry about flameshock dots and having a totem down to get the full potential of our damage. This hurts the spec in many situations.

PS: I see people complain about enhancement mobility, I don't get it, we're just as mobile as most classes
Edited by Natilya on 2/18/2013 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/18/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Natilya
PS: I see people complain about enhancement mobility, I don't get it, we're just as mobile as most classes

PVE yes, PVP not so much.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Our pvp prowess is fairly... meh. Not horrible, but certainly not the best.

Enhancement's main drawback in PvP is that it's so overshadowed by Resto.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
On the ptr as enhancement I do well against maybe non fire mages frost its 50/50, moonkins, elemental shaman, spriest are doable. Any hard hitting melee is out of the question because you can't kite anymore like you could in the past, shamans take way to much damage and have the lowest hp of all classes still. My shaman will be sitting at 85 this entire expansion still shrug :\
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]