This brings me to my point of reading other class forums, mostly mages, and seeing how skewed the talent tree change / glyph changes / survivability issues that others !@#$% about. Currently with what ele has for defenses, a shield / hopes and dreams, is a joke compared to most classes which we all know. Mages however are getting an option to have there still slightly OP ice barrier, or now lava skin crap that can give them upwards of 30% passive damage reduction from all sources. PASSIVE.
While we the shaman community are just asking for a chance to come to the surface to breath the same air as some of the other classes when it comes to surviving and not getting globaled by hunter pets. Mages and other casters are getting speed boats by comparison. So when is enough, enough? At what point is Blizzard going to go, man i think we might have messed up. We might need to give the gimp a fake leg or at least a wheel chair to be pushed on in pvp. At the bare minimum i would like a single crutch in the form of a ability that might equal to the 3-4 breakouts / def CD's that other casters have.
If any of your mouth breathing window lickers say you have thunderstorm or you are getting shamanistic rage, just look at enh and they already have SR and instant healing every couple secs. You can go reroll or if you already have GG.
1) Thunderstorm : Knocks back the target 20+ yrds and stuns or paralyzes in place with lightning for 3 sec.
2) Fulmination : In addition to its current effects, will stun a player for X seconds per stack of lightning shield above 1. (max of 6 sec stun, same DR as similar effects)
3) Spiritwalker's Grace : For the first 6 sec while active you are immune to silence effects. (yes i know resto already has this but we need to make it for all specs)
4) Shields : While water shield is active the shaman takes 15% less damage from all sources. While lightning shield is active the shaman can cast lightning bolt while moving and increases damage of nature spells by 15%. (similar enhancement to shadow form or moonkin form)
Earth Shield reduces damage taken by 10% in addition to current effects (Rsham only class in game without a castable damage prevention/reduction on others).
5) New Set bonus Rsham : Spirit Wolf Form, casting GW form breaks all snare and immobilizing effects (30sec CD)
6) Ghost wolf : Prevents the shaman from being slowed to less then 100% movement speed. (Dont care if this is a glyph)
These are just a few ideas that would make the class more viable and comparable to similar casters and a slight change to resto even though they are in a decent place as is.