Bring out the gimp.......

90 Orc Shaman
So everyone knows that ele is almost completely broken in pvp. Not in the way that mages or warriors are but in their own shunned retarded little brother you kept in a basement sorta way. No one wants ele for really anything cause they dont bring anything to the table that a mage or a lock cant supposedly do any better.

This brings me to my point of reading other class forums, mostly mages, and seeing how skewed the talent tree change / glyph changes / survivability issues that others !@#$% about. Currently with what ele has for defenses, a shield / hopes and dreams, is a joke compared to most classes which we all know. Mages however are getting an option to have there still slightly OP ice barrier, or now lava skin crap that can give them upwards of 30% passive damage reduction from all sources. PASSIVE.

While we the shaman community are just asking for a chance to come to the surface to breath the same air as some of the other classes when it comes to surviving and not getting globaled by hunter pets. Mages and other casters are getting speed boats by comparison. So when is enough, enough? At what point is Blizzard going to go, man i think we might have messed up. We might need to give the gimp a fake leg or at least a wheel chair to be pushed on in pvp. At the bare minimum i would like a single crutch in the form of a ability that might equal to the 3-4 breakouts / def CD's that other casters have.

If any of your mouth breathing window lickers say you have thunderstorm or you are getting shamanistic rage, just look at enh and they already have SR and instant healing every couple secs. You can go reroll or if you already have GG.

SUGGESTIONS:

1) Thunderstorm : Knocks back the target 20+ yrds and stuns or paralyzes in place with lightning for 3 sec.

2) Fulmination : In addition to its current effects, will stun a player for X seconds per stack of lightning shield above 1. (max of 6 sec stun, same DR as similar effects)

3) Spiritwalker's Grace : For the first 6 sec while active you are immune to silence effects. (yes i know resto already has this but we need to make it for all specs)

4) Shields : While water shield is active the shaman takes 15% less damage from all sources. While lightning shield is active the shaman can cast lightning bolt while moving and increases damage of nature spells by 15%. (similar enhancement to shadow form or moonkin form)
Earth Shield reduces damage taken by 10% in addition to current effects (Rsham only class in game without a castable damage prevention/reduction on others).

5) New Set bonus Rsham : Spirit Wolf Form, casting GW form breaks all snare and immobilizing effects (30sec CD)

6) Ghost wolf : Prevents the shaman from being slowed to less then 100% movement speed. (Dont care if this is a glyph)

These are just a few ideas that would make the class more viable and comparable to similar casters and a slight change to resto even though they are in a decent place as is.
Edited by Aperion on 2/10/2013 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree. Ele shamans are so.. weak.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
100% agree.

Got on my lock that i have not tried since MOP came out, and i am just laughing at how !@#$ty ele is.

My lock is an ele shammy on steroids.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

1) Thunderstorm : Knocks back the target 20+ yrds and stuns or paralyzes in place with lightning for 3 sec.
2) Fulmination : In addition to its current effects, will stun a player for X seconds per stack of lightning shield above 1. (max of 6 sec stun, same DR as similar effects)

These ideas would help bring us up to par with other classes stuns, but frankly I think that the problem is there being far too much stun and cc, especially instant, in the game. I beleive that the solution is reduce stuns and CC all around, not to add even more.

02/10/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Aperion
3) Spiritwalker's Grace : For the first 6 sec while active you are immune to silence effects. (yes i know resto already has this but we need to make it for all specs)

I would love this as elemental, LOVE it. It could be like a pallybubbe or a dk in AMS where they are just unstoppable while they kill you.

Elemental used to have a talent called "eye of the storm" where after being the victim of a crit you became uninterruptable and immune to casting pushback for 6 seconds. I think the return of that or something very much like it would also be a great way to solve some of our problems.

Furthermore, elemental and enhance need to be able to drop totems while silenced. Resto is what people said needed the nerf, not ele and enhance. The worst thing is when you had been able to do something for years and suddenly they change a core mechanic so you can't anymore. Besides.. think about it, dropping a totem is literally taking a peice of wood and stabbing it into the ground- there is absolutely no vocal component at all! I could understand someone silencing or interrupting a totem to prevent it's effect, that's arguable, but silencing someone to prevent them from putting a stick in the ground?

4) Shields : While water shield is active the shaman takes 15% less damage from all sources. While lightning shield is active the shaman can cast lightning bolt while moving and increases damage of nature spells by 15%. (similar enhancement to shadow form or moonkin form)

Yep. I've been saying for years that we need MORE passive damage mitigation like other classes. In MoP we lost elemental warding and over the years, like you said, mail came to mean nothing. Another good option is the return of old style astral shift: reduced damage taken while stunned, feared, silenced by 30%.

6) Ghost wolf : Prevents the shaman from being slowed to less then 100% movement speed. (Dont care if this is a glyph)

agreed, there should be no glyph because it should be baseline. Blizzard said they try not to take away fun things after their give them to us, but that's just what they did here. Choosing that glyph is mandatory for pvp- not fun anymore, and would cost you an actual interesting glyph just to get back what you used to have by default- not a fun choice.
Reply Quote
This is not comforting coming from a Battlemaster.. I hope this changes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the shaman class with your fellow World of Warcraft players.

That's from the sticky at the very top (won't let me quote since it's locked.) Blizzard has commented in the past stating that they don't really pay very much attention to the class forums. I'd suggest trying the role forums, pvp forums, or GD instead.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199961926?page=1

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7416261580

I applaud your attempt at change however you will get zero support outside of this forum. You have to post constructive threads that are supported by the rest of the classes on the pvp, arena forums. No one takes class forums serious because they are skewed to that class.

I played ele religiously the first 8 weeks of the season painstakingly trying to make it work even after the toetm silence nerf. It became so unbearable that I just resorted to resto.

The first 2 links I posted are posts on the pvp forums that I personally made and upkept for a while with very little support from the shaman community. Even after repeatedly posting for support on this forum linking the threads all I got was yeah its broke roll resto or another toon.

Even now as resto in RBGs afternthe games I link damage received and my shaman is always 1-2 million some times as much as 4 million more damage received than all other classes. 5his is because we have no mobility and no swap to another target def.CD. restos saving grace is RNG 3 gcd of 200-300k heal.

Anyone who plays RBGs knows focus pally.... he bubbled switch. Focus druid....he diaplacer beast. Focus mw .... who the f..k stunned him or he bubbled. While its just sit on the shaman and stomp his totems....he ghost wolfed, dispell it.....ascendance, silence him..... sw, stun him dont bother swapping just sit on him and cc the other healers.

Anyways I apologize for the rant and change of topic I love my shaman I am just tired of the crap we put up with as a class and the lack of unity and support we show when it is needed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]