What is the point...

02/10/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Ferenold
To be fair, vikings are generally Norse, and the Nordic stories certainly fit into the 'West'.

It's true, but you'd be hard pressed to convince someone that British medieval honor and the Nordic definition of honor were perfect copies of each other.
Reply Quote
It's true that most people don't understand what the Vikings or Mongols were about. That's why I would suggest reading Egils Saga. It is one of the closest things we have to Viking lit.

Have a copy of it on the way
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
...at which you figure your time would be better spent farming items or doing dailies than RPing? I'm asking out of curiosity, mostly after a very painful experience in Orgrimmar on my orc. Is there any way you could suggest to try and help the whole unwinding and relaxing process?

I'd hate to shy away from RP altogether, but man, sometimes it gets to the point where it's a lost cause to keep doing the orc thing. Perhaps it's just me, but I'm having a hard time feeling really proud of the orcs. Is it just the state of player opinion of Garrosh and all that is going on?

Um....generally speaking the "point" is when I don't have 90 lesser charms to buy elder charms with. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
There's nothing wrong with taking a break now and then from RP and getting things done in the game. The RP will be there when you get back, no doubt.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/10/2013 06:36 PMPosted by Tadkins
There's nothing wrong with taking a break now and then from RP and getting things done in the game. The RP will be there when you get back, no doubt.
Edited by Kunocati on 2/10/2013 6:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh, of course! It's always there.

The point was less of 'oh man, I need to get things done' and more 'oh man, why am I putting myself through this just to play a character?'
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/10/2013 06:36 PMPosted by Tadkins

GM'S CAN HAVE NO BREAKS.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Oh, of course! It's always there.

The point was less of 'oh man, I need to get things done' and more 'oh man, why am I putting myself through this just to play a character?'

Regarding the whole Garrosh situation, I'd imagine it being a time of great character development for yours or any orc.

The more I think about it though, the more it might make sense for such a character to be out in Pandaria doing things. We just got finished seeing the beginning of Garrosh's true madness, and many Horde characters are starting to have second thoughts about him. Yet at the same time, there's a lot of work yet to be done on Pandaria, and enemies to face. We still have the Alliance and the Thunder King to worry about before we start thinking of turning on Garrosh.

GM'S CAN HAVE NO BREAKS.

You sound tense. Might I suggest that nice little resort in Feralas? :)
Edited by Tadkins on 2/10/2013 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
02/10/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Letharian
Roll human or blood elf, instantly receive more rp.

I support this theory 100%. But only the blood elf part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I pretty much haven't RPed in months, minus Nixy's event, due to PvE progress.

Sigh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]