Fist weapons not showing?

90 Troll Druid
Recently on my Monk, I've obtained some pretty cool fist weapon transmog that fits all of my transmog all too well, so naturally I decided to buy the Malevolent Fist Weapons so I could transmog both into the really cool fist weapons. But the fist weapons don't show up at all, not even when I jab, (i do not have the minor glyph). What I would like to know is if this is intentional, if having fist weapon transmog is completely useless or not. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/10/2013 07:04 PMPosted by Beastrain
But the fist weapons don't show up at all, not even when I jab, (i do not have the minor glyph).

I just laughed out loud
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/10/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Jïa
But the fist weapons don't show up at all, not even when I jab, (i do not have the minor glyph).

I just laughed out loud

Rather than laughing at me being uneducated, would you be so nice as to inform me on what exactly I'm missing? That WAS the reason for this post afterall...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yep, if you want to see weapons you can't use fist weapons as a monk, which sucks in pve because they only agi weapons we can use save the 2h staves for tanking are fist weapons. And even if you do get a sword or axe they will pretty much be on your back or waist 99% of the time.

But go ahead give warlock's green fire but not let monks see their weapons.
Edited by Erotícpastry on 2/10/2013 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yep, if you want to see weapons you can't use fist weapons as a monk, which sucks in pve because they only agi weapons we can use save the 2h staves for tanking are fist weapons. And even if you do get a sword or axe they will pretty much be on your back or waist 99% of the time.

But go ahead give warlock's green fire but not let monks see their weapons.

Well that just doesn't make sense to me... Why would you let monks use Fist Weapons and then not even show the weapons at all. That's just redundant... Thanks for letting me know though. Saved me lots of wasted time on buying Fist Weapons/farming transmog!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
lots of ppl alrdy begged blizzard to change this, you know this glyph called Glyph of Jab (You always will attack with hands and fist with Jab, even with non-fist weapons equipped.)?
Ya apparently you have a choice to use ur weapons to jab or not by using this glyph, but other than fist weapons, it is just not showing by default, dont know why they make a glyph like this while using fist weapons or not is not a choice, there has been lots and lots of forums on the internet complaining abt this, most have been blocked, i suspect this forum, will be blocked soon as well, but it doesnt seem that blizzard want to change this at all, sadly. i was utterly disappointed when i found out that monks jab with all weapons but fist weapons, I have always loved fist weapons i think they are the best looking weapons in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Ai
Take a look at your character next time it's in its fighting stance. Notice how gnarled and curled its arms are? Now imagine your big ol' fist weapons delicately perched on those arms. Now imagine your character swinging them around. Aside from all the crazy model clipping, most fist weapons are too long and rigid to work the way they would need to. Unless fist weapon got a massive size reduction, don't count on seeing them.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
Hey. I was reading this forum, a little pissed off that I couldnt see my awesome new fist weapon I got from a raid. When you have it equipped. Hit the toggle weapon button "Z" for me as default, and you will see it on your char. If it's seen in battle I dont know, but it is visible on your char.

:D
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
Hey. I was reading this forum, a little pissed off that I couldnt see my awesome new fist weapon I got from a raid. When you have it equipped. Hit the toggle weapon button "Z" for me as default, and you will see it on your char. If it's seen in battle I dont know, but it is visible on your char.

:D

Yes, it should show them in battle. At least it does on a Tauren Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/run hooksecurefunc("MoveForwardStart", function() if GetSheathState() == 1 then ToggleSheath() end end)

Run this once every time you log in or reload your UI. Every time you start to move forwards, this checks if your weapon is sheathed and if it is, unsheathes it.

I'm not entirely sure if this will work when you hold both mouse buttons to run forward, but it should definitely work when you use the regular keybinding.

To make the code into AddOn that runs automatically, copy/paste the code blocks below into their own empty text documents and save them with the specified name/extension (capitalisation is important). Make sure you don't save them as .txt files. Once you have both files, move them to a new folder called MoveSheath in your Interface\AddOns\ folder.

MoveSheath.toc
## Interface: 50100
## Title: MoveSheath
## Author: Choonster
## Notes: Unsheaths your weapon when you move forwards.
## Version: 1.0

core.lua

core.lua
hooksecurefunc("MoveForwardStart", function()
if GetSheathState() == 1 then
ToggleSheath()
end
end)
2/4/2013

EDIT: Formating sucks use this thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7810052714
Edited by Electrosoul on 9/25/2013 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If only they made a glyph. /cry
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Current Blizzard claim is that animations don't look right with fist weapons because of the way we attack compared to, say, an enhancement shaman or a rogue using fist weapons. (We're mostly doing straight jabs, they attack by literally swinging the weapon... our straight punches don't look right unless you have a fist weapon that looks LIKE a fist - see my current MOG.

Imagine jabbing someone with Calamity's grasp

A couple times since the patch I've had my fisties bug out and show up while I was attacking using the un-mogged version of these claws and yes, it looked ..... unsettling.

PS: We can tank with Agi 1H axes, maces and swords too to whoever said only fists and staff / polearm work.
Edited by Irulän on 9/26/2013 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]