Returned player with a question

70 Undead Warlock
Hi,

I played back in vanilla and got a few characters to 60. I only dabbled a little in raiding; only ever experienced MC - and then I left the game.

Now I'm back and levelling up a new character. My question to the current community is:

All the old school raids (such as MC, T1/T2/T3 etc etc) - does anyone ever do them any more? Am I ever likely to see this content or is it pretty much abandoned?

So, for example would I see MC when I'm around level 60? Or perhaps they adjusted raids to scale with level cap, so will I see MC as a T1 raid at level 90?

Edited by Sykocis on 2/10/2013 11:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
basically no one does level-appropriate raiding unless it's current.

people do old content at 90 for fun, but no, it's not scaled.
Reply Quote
20 Human Warlock
There are a few what I would call twink guilds who raid level at level 70 and 80. Not sure how long these guilds last as most do not want to stay 70 or 80 for very long,

I have a 70 hunter that was in such a guild til it fell apart.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
There are a few what I would call twink guilds who raid level at level 70 and 80. Not sure how long these guilds last as most do not want to stay 70 or 80 for very long,

And for the most part, these guilds on my own server, seem to spam trade looking for 90s (or in the last expansion, 85s) to go on their raids. I suspect they are mainly pvp twinks who want cool gear drops. I'm never quite sure what is going on with them. And as Soulsyphon said, they don't seem to last long, although new ones always seem to be forming.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Mage

I have a 70 hunter that was in such a guild til it fell apart.

I can't speak to how long others last, but my guild does BC and Wrath raids with characters capped at 70 and 80, and we've been around since July of 2011. :P Sykocis, I think I recall seeing a guild on the recruitment forum that was capping at 60 and doing MC and whatnot. So there are a few opportunities for retro raiding at the appropriate level, but you may have to look around a bit to find them--that is, if you're not just wanting a runthrough. You could probably find a runthrough pretty easily.

@ Gigglefoot: I agree with your suspicion that the "twink" guilds looking for max level toons in their runs are probably wanting to twink for pvp. The rare guilds that are into retro raiding for its own sake will definitely restrict raid attendance to characters at the intended level for the raid, and they usually don't even allow gems/enchants/etc. that are over level (for example, nothing higher than BC gems and enchants in 70 raids).
Edited by Wizzlewuzzle on 2/11/2013 5:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Thank you all for your reply :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]