Ret burst is overrated

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I fought a feral. Full blown cds 1vs1. I managed to win this time, but only barely.

I do not have holy avenger, but I don't feel this should be necessary. Feral, warriors, frost dk, BM even rogues and destro have blown up me comparatively.

If you are going to say ret burst is good only when you have holy avenger as well then we need to re-think the nature of ret burst. Otherwise I feel it's overrated and not special and our damage shouldn't have to suffer so much.

* Holy Avenger does not add to Templar's, but that's pretty much the only exception.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
UNFORTUNATELY Ret had to sacrifice any worth while unique abilities in its toolkit to make up a third of the New designed class talent system

I wouldn't use DP for the sole purpose of you have less control of your damage with it Talented

HA syncs better with Wings, trinket and Guardian

Our PvP sustained damage is grossly underpowered even more so when you factor in all of the cc, silence, disarm mechanics and inquisitions maintenance & your only pressure/damage on the target is censure ticking for 1500 damage.

During times of lock down especially silenced at ranged when you cant inq or wog the talent is worthless, another is when out of melee/TV range, chasing targets etc. DP becomes far less attractive because the less power generated the less of a chance this ability will proc

WoG is also healing far below what it should be so that's even more a reason to stay away from DP in PvP.
Edited by Hlypowahalp on 2/11/2013 11:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/11/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Hlypowahalp
UNFORTUNATELY Ret had to sacrifice any worth while unique abilities in its toolkit to make up a third of the New designed class talent system

More like half, really. LAotL, PoJ, Rep, SH, SS, HA, SW, and DP makes it 8 of 18.

It's particularly galling that we used to have the whole lv75 tier, and now can only pick one.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
More like half, really. LAotL, PoJ, Rep, SH, SS, HA, SW, and DP makes it 8 of 18.

It's particularly galling that we used to have the whole lv75 tier, and now can only pick one.

I know, I cry on the inside every time i look at tier 1 talents and think put sprint on a 1-2 minute cd and remove the HoPo add speed from PoJ and tier 1 should be baseline.

8% speed on boots really sucks when your so used to cruising at 15 mph chasing down targets
Reply Quote
23 Human Paladin
02/11/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Elidra

Makes me cry at night when I think about all that stuff that was taken and given as options for HOLY and prot. Wish I was still a special snowflake :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You know, they did a bitter-sweet thing to us in MoP. They revamped our mechanics and made us a lot more fun, in my personal opinion, but simultaneously making us worthless in terms of healing, damage, and cc. They took the little bit of unique utility we had, and gave it to every spec. They're starting to make us a bit better, and a tad more unique but it's still far from enough.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
I haven't tried DP ptr with the new SoJ so i cant comment on it

Does it take 5 stacks to get the buff to TV or does it consumes at less then 5 Also if i get DP to proc back to back is my 2nd TV only consuming 1-3 stacks for less damage ? You really don't wanted to be pooling HoPo in order to get TV to hit harder cuz then we'll just be rogues without all the kewl tools

Right now sustained is low Greg even mentions ret pvp sustained being low
You are trading way too much damage and setup not cd stacking with HA

Chances are you aren't go to solo kill an equal geared healer with our sustained and DP wont push you over the top to do so

If SoJ has lost its seal damage component and only buffs TV per stack, it sounds like its designed with burst intentions HA, TV spam will reap the most from it.

And SoT/censure for sustained, so we'll probably get shat on further more having to seal weave to push max damage in PvP
Edited by Hlypowahalp on 2/11/2013 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You see GC can't buff our sustained because our burst is too high as it is. I mean if we don't get cc'd during cooldowns someone dies no matter what.

/sarcasm off

Yes ret has good burst, but there is a reason why everyone was crying about warrior and mage burst. It just isn't as good as people make it out to be.

Someone on mmo-champ suggested making GoAK a 1 minute cooldown that transformed us into the Guardian and made our attacks deal +%holy damage. I think this would be an awesome change that is not only cool, but lowers our burst and raises our sustained.

Personally I think getting to turn into that thing would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/11/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Lobster
I don't want to turn into my Guardian. His helm is ugly. No fashion sense whatsoever.

I just want his wings.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes ret has good burst, but there is a reason why everyone was crying about warrior and mage burst. It just isn't as good as people make it out to be.

That's my point. Ret burst is overrated.

I really don't know why ret burst has this reputation when in reality its nothing special and ret still sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The people complaining about our burst are the pve heros who think they can go into a bg, get targeted and globaled by a ret paladin lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]