5.2 ptr survive

90 Tauren Warrior
02/11/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Paníc

Being a bit dramatic aren't we? Mortal Strike still generates rage, Second Wind will still generate rage, and charge will still generate rage. If truly desperate you can glyph bull rush for an extra 15 rage in place of hindering strikes.

OMG where did this new Warrior realization of not being nerfed to death come from? I am so proud!

Quiet rogue, I would see your class deleted and all others like it excluded from future MMO's.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Being a bit dramatic aren't we? Mortal Strike still generates rage, Second Wind will still generate rage, and charge will still generate rage. If truly desperate you can glyph bull rush for an extra 15 rage in place of hindering strikes.

A little bit dramatic, but he is kinda true, rage gen for arms in battle stance is very unpredictable, you can be rage starved due to Op procs and trying to keep up hamstring and TC, and then you could get some lucky procs/crits from ms and Cs and you can be swimming in rage, but most the time its the former.

I dunno i am really hoping that fury will be able to put out good damage, because i am ready to switch over and never look back to arms again.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/11/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Ezyo
I dunno i am really hoping that fury will be able to put out good damage, because i am ready to switch over and never look back to arms again.

Last expac arms was the go to spec for pvp and pve. This expac fury already has pve and will likely take pvp also. Arms simply doesn't have the rage gen to justify a cost of 10 to OP. It needs to come down to 5 at most.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Last expac arms was the go to spec for pvp and pve. This expac fury already has pve and will likely take pvp also. Arms simply doesn't have the rage gen to justify a cost of 10 to OP. It needs to come down to 5 at most.

Good i hated 4.3, arms was best for raiding and pvp and it wasn't that great in pvp... i hope thats not fury's fate either lol. but i am hopeful, in the ptr it seems fine, and it wont be hard to get to atleast 20% crit so thats also good
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

He actually isn't being dramatic. Rage regeneration is the worst this expansion than all other expansions since we lost core talents like Anger Management. Mortal Strike will generate rage, if it connects. If you don't, no rage, but you get a free Overpower stack that you can't use! Sure, we can charge and use bull rush but that would be a waste of a glyph. And to keep a steady pool of rage, that will require you to sit in battle stance. But you'll probably be dead before you can actually use all that rage you collected. It's very difficult to keep a pool of rage when you have to hamstring every 3 globals, using up more rage, then finally getting enough rage to use a Slam.

You can't make the excuse: "Well, if your mortal strikes keep missing, get more hit." because going higher than 3% pvp hit cap is simply handicapping your warrior. We hit harder, but we have no up-time. Feels like LttS.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/11/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Ezyo

Good i hated 4.3, arms was best for raiding and pvp and it wasn't that great in pvp... i hope thats not fury's fate either lol. but i am hopeful, in the ptr it seems fine, and it wont be hard to get to atleast 20% crit so thats also good

Competitive fury pvp? Now I know the chicken littles think the sky is falling. It will still suffer from too low of a Bloodsurge proc rate, too high of a Wild Strike cost, Mortal Wounds being attached to Wild Strike, Mastery negated by dispels, and crit reliance with spells like Denounce and glyphed Barkskin still in existance.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/11/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Dreadhoof
Competitive fury pvp? Now I know the chicken littles think the sky is falling. It will still suffer from too low of a Bloodsurge proc rate, too high of a Wild Strike cost, Mortal Wounds being attached to Wild Strike, Mastery negated by dispels, and crit reliance with spells like Denounce and glyphed Barkskin still in existance.

except the fact that fury can sit dstance better then arms, if it has to go into bstance its rage generation is miles above arms, BS procs are 3 free WS yes shiv/tranq/soothe remove enrage but if you have high enough crit its probably coming back up in a sec anyways.

If a pally is denouncing you then your not putting out enough pressure, and your losing anyways. and with glyph of barkskin, eh you can still crit and barkskin doesnt have 100% uptime.

Also its not like i am the only person saying fury will be better then arms at the rate its going. I might be one of the few people exciting about it (i hate arms. its boring as hell) but that's about it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/11/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Ezyo

except the fact that fury can sit dstance better then arms, if it has to go into bstance its rage generation is miles above arms, BS procs are 3 free WS yes shiv/tranq/soothe remove enrage but if you have high enough crit its probably coming back up in a sec anyways.

If a pally is denouncing you then your not putting out enough pressure, and your losing anyways. and with glyph of barkskin, eh you can still crit and barkskin doesnt have 100% uptime.

Also its not like i am the only person saying fury will be better then arms at the rate its going. I might be one of the few people exciting about it (i hate arms. its boring as hell) but that's about it.

I also love fury more than arms, I started the season with that spec. Despite the nerfs to arms I simply don't see fury standing up to it. Here's to hoping you are right.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
so warriors will have to choose between:

A-A stance where you stay alive slightly longer but are starved of resources you need to do damage

or

B- a stance where you put out a lot of damage but die faster than a carnival goldfish?

unheard of!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

A-A stance where you stay alive slightly longer but are starved of resources you need to do damage

or

B- a stance where you put out a lot of damage but die faster than a carnival goldfish?

unheard of!

Why you so angry? Rather than trolling here you could be rounding up people on your own forums for changes to your class.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

or

unheard of!

no its
A-little DR with huge dps loss

or

B-takes loads of damage with an ok dps increase
i'm running rage starved sitting in battle stance fyi on ptr
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
02/11/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Dreadhoof
too high of a Wild Strike cost

Was probably mentioned, but all 3 are free when it procs now.
Reply Quote
Only problems right now is rage gen/ OPs rage cost. I'm fine with being a mindless damage bot and surviving isn't really that hard.

I'd like to see Storm Bolt made baseline and put in its place the old Endless Rage talent (generate 25% more rage).

It gives us more ranged control which we desperately need and at the same time offers another choice between Avatar and Bloodbath that's actually interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Simple thing, blizzard testing team did not play our class. They just watched some great videos of some retard people with low skill posting on youtube how awesome our class. And they end up with great nerf on class. Let me give them an advice, quit your job at blizzard will make this game better for us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]