Healer comps: the good, the bad, the pally

100 Blood Elf Mage
I actually find her progression to be kind of interesting and curious.

Literally one kill for each of the bosses in MSV and that's it.

How does that happen?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

its called 10man bro you heals not shields you 25man u want disc

no baddie maybe know what works better for me 10 man

Um. Hmm.

*checks armory, looks at progression*

Oh. That explains it.

Carry on. Nothing to see here, guys. Just a troll.

oh no my progession when im a alt on my 2nd account lol

but if u really want to check me look at guilddox and look at DS first week it came out 3 top WORLD 50 Achievements kills (screw the easy stuff)

oh no im a disc priest im just going shield people and dps and say im healing omg omg omg im healing pfff get a real spec and actually damn heal kthx
Edited by Nillie on 2/11/2013 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/11/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Nillie

Always makes me giggle. go go progression card.

02/11/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Nillie
look at DS first week it came out 3 top WORLD 50 Achievements kills (screw the easy stuff)

Means you raided early in the morning because most guilds worth their salt cleared ds the first week as it was the easiest tier since i don't know when. Not disparaging, just saying.

you all can continue now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Always makes me giggle. go go progression card.

look at DS first week it came out 3 top WORLD 50 Achievements kills (screw the easy stuff)

Means you raided early in the morning because most guilds worth their salt cleared ds the first week as it was the easiest tier since i don't know when. Not disparaging, just saying.

you all can continue now.

actually no i raid from 8:30 to 11:30 at night eastern time and it was world achievements

but good post but maybe know your facts a little more ;)
Edited by Nillie on 2/11/2013 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
"second account"

LOL!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Disc/Holy Paladin: The Holy Pally has to concentrate too much on backing up the Disc Priest's absorbs, and/or the Disc concentrates too much on real healing instead of absorbs. Add: Druid or Monk.

I run with a holy paladin and there is no such issue with this. You cannot simply label one composition better than the other...with a few exceptions.

Barring healing styles and an emphasis on cds or mana regen cds, any and all healing compositions are viable assuming you have 'chemistry'. While the paladin and I have only healed together for a few weeks, we know what to expect as far as how we prioritize tanks or raid.

I'm liking all this holy priest love though. :D T15 bonus is making me look at Divine Insight going, oh sweet jesus, let the fun begin!

e: Is it just me or do all resto druids have a flaming hatred for disc priests? O_O
Edited by Mytosis on 2/11/2013 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
They hate monks too, since their hots get owned by uplift.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/11/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Mytosis
e: Is it just me or do all resto druids have a flaming hatred for disc priests? O_O

It's just the really bad Resto Druids, or Druids who raid with really bad Disc Priests. My Resto Druid healing partner loves me, and I am always thankful his HoTs are there to back up my absorbs. His Tranq makes me happy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
02/11/2013 05:17 AMPosted by Nillie
hate any kind of priest heals they just lame and don't do anything specially disc and monks i don't like much either

This reeks of ignorance. :( I feel sorry for anyone raiding with you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
hate any kind of priest heals they just lame and don't do anything specially disc and monks i don't like much either

This reeks of ignorance. :( I feel sorry for anyone raiding with you.

nope people have opinions like some raiding healers like in the top USA guilds who don't like disc priest

its sad how bad the blizzard forums these days oh no someone opinion is wrong. remmeber DS and FL? like in DS oh screw pally heals or like in FL everyone hated us druids lol im sorry if i hate any kind of priest heals in my mind your guys arent really doing much unless your holy

oh yea WTB vanilla players back who actually replayed with good responds then these stupid craps
Edited by Nillie on 2/11/2013 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/11/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Tiriél

It's just the really bad Resto Druids, or Druids who raid with really bad Disc Priests. My Resto Druid healing partner loves me, and I am always thankful his HoTs are there to back up my absorbs. His Tranq makes me happy.

different opinions is good just counts on people play style or they conformable with ur druids like disc priest and other priest hate disc priest
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
02/11/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Nillie
oh yea WTB vanilla players back who actually replayed with good responds then these stupid craps

I've been playing since Jan 2006. Elethia was created Aug 2006. Are those dates Vanilla enough for you? If you want to challenge that, you can take a gander at this: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/39584166

Opinions aren't facts. You cannot pretend to present an opinion as a fact, and then state that it cannot be wrong because it's an opinion.

You disliking Discipline Priests does not make them bad. Thinking they're lame doesn't mean they're undesirable as raiders. You have to be supremely self-absorbed to think otherwise.

Paladins were amazing in DS; Druids were awesome in FL. Following your logic, it sounds like you hate Discipline Priests because the spec is incredibly powerful right now. Go ahead and have your little hatefest, but let's try not to mislead anyone with vicious little lies. :)
Edited by Elethia on 2/11/2013 7:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/11/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Elethia

I've been playing since Jan 2006. Elethia was created Aug 2006. If you want to challenge that, you can take a gander at this: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/39584166

Opinions aren't facts. You cannot pretend to present an opinion as a fact, and then state that it cannot be wrong because it's an opinion.

You disliking Discipline Priests does not make them bad. Thinking they're lame doesn't mean they're undesirable as raiders. You have to be supremely self-absorbed to think otherwise.

Paladins were amazing in DS; Druids were awesome in FL. Following your logic, it sounds like you hate Discipline Priests because the spec is incredibly powerful right now. Go ahead and have your little hatefest, but let's try not to mislead anyone with vicious little lies. :)

2006 is still pretty late vanilla but ok got me there

did i say they suck? nope i said in my eyes they're not doing their jobs but thats my opinion if im raiding and i see one your going see me !@#$%ing like crazy in the healing channel. I had to heal with a disc priest in both FL and DS and some of MSV on my main account and i don't like it so i ask to change to my rogue which i did. disc just bubble and dps im sorry but thats no healing in my eyes but whatever some people would agree with me and some will agree with u
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Your words: "hate any kind of priest heals they just lame and don't do anything".

Our not doing anything makes for some amazing parses, apparently.

You realize our "dps" heals people, right?
And that our shielding is preemptive healing, allowing us to essentially heal people past full?
And that we directly heal people using spells like PoH, Penance, PoM and Greater Heal?

Since you hate what Disc does so badly, do you avoid using Ironbark? I imagine it must be painful to use an ability that's a direct analogue of one of Discipline's cooldowns.

Edit:

Classic was released Nov 23 2004. BC was released Jan 16 2007. My first character was made ~Jan 5 2006, putting me almost squarely in the middle of Classic. ;)
Edited by Elethia on 2/11/2013 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Your words: "hate any kind of priest heals they just lame and don't do anything".

Our not doing anything makes for some amazing parses, apparently.

You realize our "dps" heals people, right?
And that our shielding is preemptive healing, allowing us to essentially heal people past full?
And that we directly heal people using spells like PoH, Penance, PoM and Greater Heal?

Since you hate what Disc does so badly, do you avoid using Ironbark? I imagine it must be painful to use an ability that's a direct analogue of one of Discipline's cooldowns.

my opinion like you can say druids heals are lame or suck its whatever doesn't bother me lol

yes i know disc priest dps heals and i rather have a Hpally or Rshaman with me healing is that bad? real healing FTW ;p

ironbark needs to be NERD PFFF lol
Edited by Nillie on 2/11/2013 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Elethia, why are you engaging with the troll? It can't even string together a coherent sentence, and is apparently unaware of what spelling, punctuation, and capitalization are. Really not worth your time. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/11/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Tiriél
Elethia, why are you engaging with the troll? It can't even string together a coherent sentence, and is apparently unaware of what spelling, punctuation, and capitalization are. Really not worth your time. :-\

oh really? thats cool

you can blame coding for years and FL schools for that
Edited by Nillie on 2/11/2013 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I never assume people are trolls. :)

I just want to make sure people don't actually believe what Nillie has said is true. I'm always surprised by healing prejudice.

@Nillie:

The ultimate goal of healing is to prevent the green bar from hitting zero. It really doesn't matter if it's mitigated, shielded or directly healed.

I also hate to break it to you, but a hefty chunk of paladin healing is done through bubbles. Guess you have to hate them too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I never assume people are trolls. :)

I just want to make sure people don't actually believe what Nillie has said is true. I'm always surprised by healing prejudice.

@Nillie:

The ultimate goal of healing is to prevent the green bar from hitting zero. It really doesn't matter if it's mitigated, shielded or directly healed.

I also hate to break it to you, but a hefty chunk of paladin healing is done through bubbles. Guess you have to hate them too.

that is true that pally does kind of bubble and to your friend im no troll im just speaking my mind ;) but i like H pally with me but love the Rshaman + Rdruid combo but yea thats me

i rather have people with healing then shielding but thats my playstyle
Edited by Nillie on 2/11/2013 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/11/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Nillie
blame coding for years

You must be a lousy coder if you can't find your Shift, period, and comma keys.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]