Healer comps: the good, the bad, the pally

100 Night Elf Priest
02/11/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Kaels
blame coding for years

You must be a lousy coder if you can't find your Shift, period, and comma keys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn2S7fq_p1E
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

This reeks of ignorance. :( I feel sorry for anyone raiding with you.

nope people have opinions like some raiding healers like in the top USA guilds who don't like disc priest

its sad how bad the blizzard forums these days oh no someone opinion is wrong. remmeber DS and FL? like in DS oh screw pally heals or like in FL everyone hated us druids lol im sorry if i hate any kind of priest heals in my mind your guys arent really doing much unless your holy

oh yea WTB vanilla players back who actually replayed with good responds then these stupid craps

Listen, I realize I'm feeding a troll, but do you understand the person to whom you were responding *is* a "raiding healer like in the top USA guilds"?

Seriously, click on her character and check out her progression.

Honestly, it's difficult to overstate how deeply stupid you sound.
Edited by Taymage on 2/11/2013 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

nope people have opinions like some raiding healers like in the top USA guilds who don't like disc priest

its sad how bad the blizzard forums these days oh no someone opinion is wrong. remmeber DS and FL? like in DS oh screw pally heals or like in FL everyone hated us druids lol im sorry if i hate any kind of priest heals in my mind your guys arent really doing much unless your holy

oh yea WTB vanilla players back who actually replayed with good responds then these stupid craps

Listen, I realize I'm feeding a troll, but do you understand the person to whom you were responding *is* a "raiding healer like in the top USA guilds"?

Seriously, click on her character and check out her progression.

Honestly, it's difficult to overstate how deeply stupid you sound.

oh omg clicking is hard

nancy drew strikes again!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
blame coding for years

You must be a lousy coder if you can't find your Shift, period, and comma keys.

the facts in this one are strong
Edited by Nillie on 2/11/2013 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/11/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Mytosis
e: Is it just me or do all resto druids have a flaming hatred for disc priests? O_O

Not at all! As I posted on the first page, if I could choose any spec/class to partner with, my first choice would be a Disc priest. The interaction between our toolkits is just fantastic. My current 2-heal partner is a Disc/Holy priest, and my backup partner (my steady partner all through DS) is a resto shaman.

I have never 2-healed a raid with a monk, so I can't comment on that synergy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Monk/tree have pretty bad interaction namely because monks snipe resto druids' hots with uplift. I feel that a skilled monk in a 10 man settings can cover all roles equally well, but the only weakpoint they have is not being able to prevent damage; that being said I heal with a resto shaman, but a pally or a disc priest would be welcome as well.

Resto shamans bring mana tide, its dabes.
Edited by Kungfuwaifu on 2/12/2013 8:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I didn't notice that I had Disc down as not working well with all the healers. I think all that might mean (if true) that Disc might be iffy for 2 healing.

Looking at the list and some further posts, it looks like you could put healers in three categories based on how they work: a Shaman/Paladin group that focuses more on burst healing while stacked up and triage, and a Monk/Druid group that focuses on gradual healing while spread out. In general, you'll want at least one of each in your healer comp. Priest sort of fit in the middle, with Disc slightly favoring the triage/stack group (if for no other reason than Penance makes them pretty strong at triage) while Holy slightly favors the Monk/Druid group.

From that I think we can say that 3 healing comps that consist of one from each group plus one Priest make for strong healing teams. The specs from opposite groups compliment each other well, and that lets the Priest focus on their strength, versatility.
Edited by Ramayana on 2/12/2013 3:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
actually no i raid from 8:30 to 11:30 at night eastern time and it was world achievementsbut good post but maybe know your facts a little more ;)

Maybe your were talking top 50 world H achieves the second week and i mis read. Because i know the guild i was in which barely raided had ds normal cleared day 2 of raiding. And we did 8:30-11:30 but was also not aware of these top 50 achieves. Sorry if i was wrong.

Please continue flaming each other over a stupid game. It's worth reading, would recommend to a friend.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It seems to me that you have never seen a really good Holy Paladin - you're missing out. :)

Riôt

^ This.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I find it difficult to top meters against the Disc Priest and Pallie I heal with, but my utility more than makes up for it. I also shine in certain scenarios, like Tsu Long, Phase 3 of Wing Commander, and Phase 3 of Grand Empress.

However, HPS is not everything, it just means you got the heal in first. There are many fights where I literally go 20 seconds before healing, or only throwing a small heal here and there. I'm just not needed with the raid wide AOE pallie/disc bring. But when there's a crap show, I can drop my supertotems or spiritwalker and we win.
Edited by Axon on 2/12/2013 10:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I didn't notice that I had Disc down as not working well with all the healers. I think all that might mean (if true) that Disc might be iffy for 2 healing.

Looking at the list and some further posts, it looks like you could put healers in three categories based on how they work: a Shaman/Paladin group that focuses more on burst healing while stacked up and triage, and a Monk/Druid group that focuses on gradual healing while spread out. In general, you'll want at least one of each in your healer comp. Priest sort of fit in the middle, with Disc slightly favoring the triage/stack group (if for no other reason than Penance makes them pretty strong at triage) while Holy slightly favors the Monk/Druid group.

From that I think we can say that 3 healing comps that consist of one from each group plus one Priest make for strong healing teams. The specs from opposite groups compliment each other well, and that lets the Priest focus on their strength, versatility.

Rama, I two-heal Feng, Gara'jal, Spirit Kings, Elegon, Vizier, Blade Lord (normal), Protectors Elite, and Sha of Fear with a Paladin. I have also two-healed all of MSV with a Resto Druid. The only fights I don't two-heal are fights where some mechanic makes having a third healer more helpful (amber traps on Wind Lord, Tornado Alley on Blade Lord H, Amber Shaper, Empress, Tsulong because omg so much healing, Lei Shi (probably could two heal this but we don't for some reason), Stone Guard Heroic (Druid follows the painters), Gara'jal Heroic (makes for easier totems), Will of the Emperor (spread and Titan Gas, since I pretty much exclusively tank heal for the fight), etc.).

Disc is 100% able to two-heal content with just about any other healer. We syngergize extremely well with the other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Rama, I two-heal Feng, Gara'jal, Spirit Kings, Elegon, Vizier, Blade Lord (normal), Protectors Elite, and Sha of Fear with a Paladin. I have also two-healed all of MSV with a Resto Druid. The only fights I don't two-heal are fights where some mechanic makes having a third healer more helpful (amber traps on Wind Lord, Tornado Alley on Blade Lord H, Amber Shaper, Empress, Tsulong because omg so much healing, Lei Shi (probably could two heal this but we don't for some reason), Stone Guard Heroic (Druid follows the painters), Gara'jal Heroic (makes for easier totems), Will of the Emperor (spread and Titan Gas, since I pretty much exclusively tank heal for the fight), etc.).

Disc is 100% able to two-heal content with just about any other healer. We syngergize extremely well with the other classes.

I think Rama is a little confused on how both Paladins and Priests work. With our absorb mechanics as well as the straight throughput we provide, I think Paladins and priests are probably the most versatile healers in mix right now. I may be wrong, I'm wrong an awful lot but I would probably put Paladins and disc priests in the mitigate category and Shamans and Holy priests in the burst category. Your thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think Rama is a little confused on how both Paladins and Priests work. With our absorb mechanics as well as the straight throughput we provide, I think Paladins and priests are probably the most versatile healers in mix right now. I may be wrong, I'm wrong an awful lot but I would probably put Paladins and disc priests in the mitigate category and Shamans and Holy priests in the burst category. Your thoughts?

I'm actually a Priest reroll, and I have an 85 Pally healer as well from my Cata days. Don't over-read into what I'm saying. Disc and Hpallies (and the rest of the healers) are fine, and for the most part can do just about anything. But saying "all healers are great" doesn't lead to any potentially helpful conclusions.

The thing about strengths and weaknesses, is that, while yes, every healer can do everything reasonably well, each healer also undeniably has areas where they are stronger. A class with strong absorbs is going to have to pay for that strong mechanic in raw healing just to keep the different specs balanced, just like a class that focuses on HOTs will have to be somehow balanced by having weaknesses in other areas. If one class can do everything, while other classes can only do certain things, that's pretty overpowered (I'd argue that's where Monks were in 5.0 and where Disc is currently).

All I'm saying is try to identify the strengths of your healing comp (and players) and build your healer core in such a way that each healer can focus on their strength and shore up each other's weaknesses.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
And I'm telling you, Rama, that Disc has no trouble whatsoever two-healing content at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/13/2013 12:39 AMPosted by Tiriél
And I'm telling you, Rama, that Disc has no trouble whatsoever two-healing content at the moment.

true but some people have different play styles. Some want two specs that heal through the damage and not absorbing the damage and some like the other style.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Yes, at the moment. That's sort of the problem (same with Monks in 5.0). Will that change once Disc is balanced again? Probably, since it looks they're nerfing Disc's ability to AOE heal outside of Spirit Shell fairly significantly.

On the bright side, though, it may no longer be a horrible mistake to raid as a Holy Priest when 5.2 hits.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]