Best lock spec arena 5.2?

2 Dwarf Priest
Need opinions. Didn't play lock in MoP simply on the fact that demo/destro were best specs (which i hate)...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It depends on your comp. All 3 are viable/will be viable.

I'm looking forward to destro RLS/RLP. Opening out of aoe stealth with smoke+CD'd chaos bolt and a rogue opener sounds tasty.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 07:27 AMPosted by Whitehat
destro

Green fire. Awwwwww yisssssss
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Best lock spec come 5.2 will be mage. As there is no reason to bring a warlock to any arena because of mages and spriests.
Edited by Erotícpastry on 2/11/2013 9:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
02/11/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Erotícpastry
Best lock spec come 5.2 will be mage. As there is no reason to bring a warlock to any arena because of mages and spriests.

you sir are just the worst kind of person
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Affliction is fantastic on the PTR, seeing lots and lots of afflocks now - UA dispel critting for 80k+ and silencing for 4s with no DR is absolutely fantastic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/11/2013 09:06 AMPosted by Anurakis
Affliction is fantastic on the PTR, seeing lots and lots of afflocks now - UA dispel critting for 80k+ and silencing for 4s with no DR is absolutely fantastic

Yeah I am super excited for the new changes, can't wait to compete against Shadow priests for once this expac
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Sup blatant rbg carry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/11/2013 04:41 PMPosted by Vêx

Sup blatant rbg carry.

Omg lol. He went from 1400-2400 in one day and 15 wins. Why do they even post.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
Affliction seems pretty good, and I hope it will be the best since its my fav spec... I also wouldnt mind playing demo, but I dont find destro fun...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Affliction will be "best"

But you can play whatever you like best.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Destro w/ an unholy dk and any variant of healer will be working very well in 5.2
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Affliction is ok, i guess, all the warlocks specs are viable but no where near as good as a spriest or a mage. Basically warlocks in 5.2 are the same they are now, but with the loss of blood fear.

I dont have high hopes for warlocks in 5.2.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Affliction is ok, i guess, all the warlocks specs are viable but no where near as good as a spriest or a mage. Basically warlocks in 5.2 are the same they are now, but with the loss of blood fear.

I dont have high hopes for warlocks in 5.2.

RLS is going to be the shatterplay for locks next season. Mages were only good for one comp. Locks will only be good for one comp. By good, I mean top tier.

Shadowplay/MLS/WLD will all be great comps. Just second tier.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
02/21/2013 09:34 PMPosted by Ryuksapple
RLS is going to be the shatterplay for locks next season

I really doubt RLS is gonna be top tier, and we really have no proof of that until the season comes out so we can test this, and im not saying RLS is gonna be a bad comp, because its obvi wont but it may be good in a way but definately not top tier.

For example, with how strong warriors are right now, why arnt we seeing some WLS? WLS always been a great comp like RLS. WLS is a good comp but not top tier and i dont see how with some buffs to rogues that RLS is gonna be this godly comp when WLS never even reached that rank.

RLS is going to be nothing like s11 RLS, when RLS was top tier, I still have little hope for warlocks but i will continue playing for the love of my class.

This is just my opinion, so don't take it to seriously.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
02/21/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Clethro
RLS is going to be the shatterplay for locks next season

I really doubt RLS is gonna be top tier, and we really have no proof of that until the season comes out so we can test this, and im not saying RLS is gonna be a bad comp, because its obvi wont but it may be good in a way but definately not top tier.

For example, with how strong warriors are right now, why arnt we seeing some WLS? WLS always been a great comp like RLS. WLS is a good comp but not top tier and i dont see how with some buffs to rogues that RLS is gonna be this godly comp when WLS never even reached that rank.

RLS is going to be nothing like s11 RLS, when RLS was top tier, I still have little hope for warlocks but i will continue playing for the love of my class.

This is just my opinion, so don't take it to seriously.

Thank you.

You know afflic locks didn't get a nerf in MoP right? They are the same how they were in Cata, its just that other specs became stronger... And now rogues will be strong again like they were in Cata, so what makes you think RLS will not be top tier?...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I find the playstyle behind destro locks kind of boring. Just build up to spam chaosbolt, not very exciting, nor does it make room for improvement. I also don't think destro will ever be an arena powerhouse due to the nature of chaosbolt

Demo is pretty fun. But the spec is pretty clunky for a few reasons
1. Demonic fury is slow to build up, but easy to burn. It makes shape shifting between forms pretty tiresome
2. No reward for hardcasting soulfires. This might've changed with the recent buffs, but I'm not too sure

Demo was also nerfed heavily in survivability in that they dont have 2 seperate port CD's anymore. Pretty crucial

Affliction does some good aoe damage, but is really only effective against a select few healers. Resto shamans can heal through affliction locks for days with healing stream/healing tide totems whenever the lock gets any momentum going. Despite its shortcomings, affliction is looking to be the best lock spec.
Edited by Amyricals on 2/21/2013 11:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]