Patch TOO SOON

16 Orc Hunter
02/11/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Mirs

MMO-Champion is saying Feb 26th.

I find it hard to believe that the patch will be released four days after a testing phase starts.

Some people have ignored the front page of the WoW site where Bashiok says they're shooting for end of month to release patch.
58 Orc Death Knight
Good thing for me that I absolutely will remain entirely unaffected.
22 Tauren Warrior
MMO CHAMP is Blizzard? I had no clue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8608452/Preparing_to_Kill_a_King-2_11_2013

The Blizzard post MMOchamp cited.

Of course we don’t tend to give out patch release dates ahead of time, because things can slip, but right now we’re targeting the last week of February.

https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/301013346717663232 The tweet where Bashiok linked to the post.

Or is that not good enough and not proof that Blizzard said it?

It's not. People aren't going to believe it until it's posted in a sticky at the top of these forums with an exact date in the thread accompanied by a message on the log in screen detailing the exact date and finally an ingame mail with a specific date.

I do agree the patch is way too soon. You'd think they'd learn from previous expansions when they've admitted to releasing raid patches too quickly
Edited by Agememnon on 2/11/2013 10:49 AM PST
I think it's too soon as well, but for purely selfish reasons. I haven't levelled this guy up nearly as quickly as I've wanted to, due to time and being a very casual player ATM. I was hoping to get him to 90 and get him geared a bit through LFR at least before 5.2 hits, but sounds like that's not going to happen.

On the plus side, though, they're intentionally setting things up so that you have to get through the 5.0 LFR raids and gear up a bit before you can move on to the 5.2 raid, so it sounds like he'll still be able to see the content, just not when it goes live.
22 Tauren Warrior
02/11/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Kathrian
Until i see it downloading (not preloading) or see the announcement on the main wow page, its not "official" enough for me, and others.

You do know that Bashiok's blog is posted on the official page, right?
90 Human Priest
I think a lot of people we guessing sometime mid march, and a lot of people would agree that would be the ideal time. I've read quite a few posts and topics on this and that seems to be the majority. I'm with them on that as well.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/11/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Agememnon
Until i see it downloading (not preloading) or see the announcement on the main wow page, its not "official" enough for me, and others.

Seriously...I don't think it gets much more official than that.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/11/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Kathrian

Theres a first page?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

The first post.
90 Tauren Druid
Yup, because Blizzard has never pushed back a release date, right?

I'd be fine with an end of February or early March release. Might not be 16/16 by then, but that's fine.
90 Worgen Warlock
02/11/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Mirs

MMO-Champion is saying Feb 26th.

I find it hard to believe that the patch will be released four days after a testing phase starts.

Isn't that testing phase for LFR? LFR isn't being released the first week of the patch anyway, so I doubt that would have any effect on the release date.
90 Draenei Priest
02/11/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Kelvv
Seriously, Blizzard, don't you know you're supposed to please everyone all the time?

I'm sure if they offered Waffles and Toast all the problems would dissipate.

/HighPaw

Cake and pie.

Then the world would live in harmony.
02/11/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Zashana
TOO SOON, PATCH! YOU HAVE ARRIVED TOO SOON! JUSTICE SHALL BE MET INDEED.
Executus, you summoned me too soon!
90 Undead Warrior
02/11/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Kathrian
Until i see it downloading

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o629/Lukar-Warrior/Downloading_zps5268f738.jpg
90 Worgen Rogue
02/11/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Molfsora
Some people have ignored the front page of the WoW site where Bashiok says they're shooting for end of month to release patch.

I ignore everything blue posters say. It's never anything but company lines and the occasional dumb zinger to try and make the kids think they're hip.
22 Tauren Warrior

Theres a first page?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

The first post.

This is why the these forums are so entertaining.
90 Human Paladin
02/11/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Vardrum
Toooo soooon, executus.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS BREACH IN ETIQUETTE
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]