Patch TOO SOON

90 Human Warlock
02/11/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Zashana
TOO SOON, PATCH! YOU HAVE ARRIVED TOO SOON! JUSTICE SHALL BE MET INDEED.
Screw you guys, I want my claw mount.

COME FASTER 5.2!
13 Draenei Shaman
02/11/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Bashiok
There are 16 bosses you have to clear on normal and then heroic, recruiting is hard enough since you changed your recruitment forums years back to be a giant clusterf* and to top it off, HOLIDAYS that maybe didn't matter when we were younger but now that we're not - we can't skip em anymore.

Certainly depending on how much time you can play, as well as other types of content (such as holiday events as you mention), your mileage may vary on how far into the expansion you are. It's definitely a balancing act between not enough content and too much, and it's not going to be the same player to player to player.

Re: Recruitment, you may want to try using the in-game /guildfinder tool, as well as your realm forum. The [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2187372/"]Raid and Guild Leadership forum[/url] is also a good place to seek advice on recruitment, and I'm sure some others here may also have recommendations on how to best focus your recruitment efforts.

I'm pretty irate atm and just venting but I wish you'd give us more than TWO WEEKS notice sometimes. TWO WEEKS??? Used to give us a month or two. Thanks for nothing.

I'm not aware of ever providing a month or two, we generally don't know a patch release date until a couple weeks at most before it's released. The estimate for the end of this month is still just an estimate, and could very well move.

Patch releases are dependent on many factors, not the least of which is testing and bug fixing. When we can we like to be able to give a couple weeks heads up so you can plan, and specifically prepare for currency down-conversions, as well as PvP season changes when applicable. In the past we've become a little shy about providing a heads up because if and when dates slip there's been a strong negative reaction. I think we're at a place though where the majority of people understand release dates can and do slip, and are at least appreciative of being informed.

If our estimate changes we'll let you know.

Immortal and removal of the ZA10 bear mounts as well as H DW and H Rag were all given plenty of notice to be able to obtain those before they were gone. I got Immortal for example but no the Black Proto because it was just so much harder to get in 25M when you had the extra pressure of it being removed. If there weren't FoS tied to the end bosses this time, I probably wouldn't care nearly as much. We even had notice on ICHYOTSOHAIA which is no longer obtainable. I wasn't around for most of Wrath because of military so I missed a lot of things which was in no way shape or form Blizzards fault so I can't use anything from Ulduar on as examples for notice. This tier, however, has a LOT of things to clear on normal and heroic and anyone who decided to go back to 25s this tier can attest to recruiting being one not very fun job. I've been recruiting since Vanilla and while I haven't had nearly as much trouble as I did in Cataclysm, it's still not a quick and easy endeavor.

I know my opinion doesn't matter but I'm just irritated.
73 Gnome Warlock
02/11/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Executíoner
it won't go on some permanent record that will keep you from raiding in later expansions

It just becomes next to impossible to find a group willing to go back and do it because what's available now is so disproportionate in its drop bonus compared to the tier before it that you're better off running "Raiding for morons" than you are trying to go back to work on normal and heroic content that you haven't manage to clear properly.
90 Orc Death Knight
Really Blizzard can you ever get anything right with releasing content? We had ICC for a year which was way to long we had firelands as well for way to long and now MoP tier 1 is way to short. Let's see here....

Cata's first tier lasted 29 weeks from Cata launch (Tier 1 Cata), with 12 bosses. Firelands lasted 22 weeks, for 7 bosses, without the start-of-expansion hiatus. Don't understand why we're only getting 22 weeks for 16 bosses now. Can someone explain this? Only 78 GUILDS IN THE ENTIRE US have killed Heroic Sha......Pretty stupid to push new content out this fast when for once you DON'T have to......Everyone is saying don't push it out yet so for the love of god please push it back another couple weeks.......
90 Night Elf Hunter
Blizzard's take-away wisdom from Cataclysm was the "people ran out of things to do" because somehow it was our fault that they didn't release new group content for 10 months.

For now, their guiding principle is shoving out one or two types of content in abundance more often. So now we get lots of dailies or lots of raids and by golly you'll do whichever one they say you will to get the rep for valor items. (dailies 5.0/5.1, LFR/raiding 5.2) But it's about having options - apparently that meaning opening items via rep or not opening items at all.

Frankly 5.2 can't come soon enough as aside upgrading items, I'm out of upgrades and have been for several weeks. I'm fairly sure the number of LFR players plus those who don't raid plus those who have completed 5.0 raids far outnumber the people struggling to finish them.

So just when is it okay to release new raids? I suppose, when your guild finishes the previous tier from what I've been reading. They can't base every patch on every player or guild's pace so some will just have to accept they didn't get it done in time and move on. After all there's only so much time to play the game every week and I doubt, even if 5.0 stayed relevant that many people would be doing 30 plus raid bosses per week.
90 Human Paladin
OOB
I have to agree with the OP. With only 1% of guilds clearing all content, its far too soon.

As for recruitment, not finishing tiers won't help the dieing 25 mans. Its been constant recruiting just to keep a 25 man roster, which has also hurt our progression.

What I don't understand is why Blizzard refuses to make simple changes to forums to make things easier. The 'Guild Recruitment' forum is just one big cluster#$^%. Why not make the following forums:

Alliance Guild Looking for Members
Horde Guild Looking for Members
Player Looking for Guild - Alliance
Player Looking for Guild - Horde
Player Looking for Guild - Alliance or Horde

I don't think people will complain they need to look in two forums if they are looking for a guild and don't care about faction, and if a player is looking for a guild they can cross post to whichever forums they wish to.
90 Troll Shaman
https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/301013346717663232

Bashiok confirming two weeks.
90 Blood Elf Priest
At least a month would be fine, but two weeks? :/
90 Orc Death Knight
Really Blizzard can you ever get anything right with releasing content? We had ICC for a year which was way to long we had firelands as well for way to long and now MoP tier 1 is way to short. Let's see here....

Cata's first tier lasted 29 weeks from Cata launch (Tier 1 Cata), with 12 bosses. Firelands lasted 22 weeks, for 7 bosses, without the start-of-expansion hiatus. Don't understand why we're only getting 22 weeks for 16 bosses now. Can someone explain this? Only 78 GUILDS IN THE ENTIRE US have killed Heroic Sha......Pretty stupid to push new content out this fast when for once you DON'T have to......Everyone is saying don't push it out yet so for the love of god please push it back another couple weeks.......

I'm not totally abreast on WoW's raiding history timeline but this does seem troubling.
Why do final tiers last ~1 year with fewer bosses, but with 16 bosses at the start of MoP and we only get ~5 months?

:/
90 Tauren Hunter
02/11/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Ihateyourmom
Immortal and removal of the ZA10 bear mounts as well as H DW and H Rag were all given plenty of notice to be able to obtain those before they were gone.

Achievements/Raid changes =/= new patches.

Patches have almost always been two week notices.
90 Gnome Priest
I appreciate the heads up, though I was hoping it would come out midmarch-early april
73 Gnome Warlock
02/11/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Diamedes
So just when is it okay to release new raids?

Realistically? 2 weeks per boss in a tier. That's enough to give average progression 1 week per boss per difficulty without also being overwhelmingly slow for everyone else. Right now we're barely sitting at 1 week per boss, and that's only if they keep to the 26th as a release date. A release in late march or early April would have been more reasonable considering we're getting less time to run T14, despite having 4 more bosses, than we did with T11.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not totally abreast on WoW's raiding history timeline but this does seem troubling.
Why do final tiers last ~1 year with fewer bosses, but with 16 bosses at the start of MoP and we only get ~5 months?

The final tiers are usually long just because of the fact they are working on the next expansion at that point and as with most things there are delays in getting it out, which results in a really long wait most of the time between an expansion and a final raid tier. I'll be honest this raid tier isn't anywhere near as brutal as first tier of cata was in terms of normal modes. Heroic modes are tough but those are always tough but even those were cleared the week they were available.
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Frankly 5.2 can't come soon enough as aside upgrading items, I'm out of upgrades and have been for several weeks. I'm fairly sure the number of LFR players plus those who don't raid plus those who have completed 5.0 raids far outnumber the people struggling to finish them.

This exactly.
65 Night Elf Hunter
What if I told you, you don't have to jump to the next content just because it is there...
90 Human Paladin
OOB
Also, in my opinion people ran out of things to do in Cataclysm because the instances were smaller and far too easy with minor exceptions like Ragnaros and Spine of Deathwing. The rest were relatively simple. The fights in these new raids are tuned a bit tighter and normal mode is a bit more difficult that normals have been in the past, which i'm fine with. Also realize that these instance were phased release and ToES will have only been available for 14 weeks if the projected release date is correct.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]