Patch TOO SOON

100 Gnome Warrior

Frankly 5.2 can't come soon enough as aside upgrading items, I'm out of upgrades and have been for several weeks. I'm fairly sure the number of LFR players plus those who don't raid plus those who have completed 5.0 raids far outnumber the people struggling to finish them.

This exactly.

If you guys had read any of the dozens of numbers posted in this thread you wouldn't say that honestly. The clear rates right now are somehwere in the neighborhood of the orignal Naxx numbers. That, combined with the ZERO 25man testing... well I for one am extremely worried, slow content is bad, but rushed, unfinished and buggy content (as well as woefully tuned) is even worse.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
AUUUUGH

I HAVE TO REPLACE A HEALER AND AN OFFTANK AND WHY AM I THE GM NOW

AUUUUUUUGH

(Seriously? Thanks for the content; it keeps the game fun. It's just's stressful.)
100 Gnome Warlock
02/11/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Azzalus
What if I told you, you don't have to jump to the next content just because it is there...

Then I'd tell you that you don't understand how tiered progression works in a system where everything that came before it gets invalidated upon the release of new content.

Blizzard, despite its claims to the contrary, doesn't want people in old content while new content is available. Their entire itemisation philosophy is based around suping up the current rewards to the point where even heroic, 2/2 upgraded BiS gear is worth less in player power than the worst piece of drek in normal modes.
90 Pandaren Priest
First you complain that you don't have enough content, now you're complaining that you're getting content too fast?

Make up your mind forums!
100 Human Paladin
I thought I'd never see the day when the QQers complain that content is coming too fast.

Some of you guys never cease to amaze me with your powers to piss on everything.
55 Worgen Death Knight
Okay so, first people complain content isn't put out fast/often enough. Now its too soon/too fast? Oi.
100 Gnome Warlock
02/11/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Felocity
Elegon and garalon were not tuned incorrectly.

Blizzard disagreed since they nerfed both fights with poor tuning as the stated reason.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Bring on the new content! Too slow (of a pace) is more damaging to the playerbase than too fast, fortunately, Blizzard knows this fact.
100 Gnome Mage
There are 16 bosses you have to clear on normal and then heroic, recruiting is hard enough since you changed your recruitment forums years back to be a giant clusterf* and to top it off, HOLIDAYS that maybe didn't matter when we were younger but now that we're not - we can't skip em anymore.

I'm pretty irate atm and just venting but I wish you'd give us more than TWO WEEKS notice sometimes. TWO WEEKS??? Used to give us a month or two. Thanks for nothing.

This is pathetic, we go from complaining that we need content quicker to complaining it's coming too quick? I am fully convinced WoW players are the biggest batch of babies ever.
100 Draenei Mage
02/11/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Diamedes
Blizzard's take-away wisdom from Cataclysm was the "people ran out of things to do" because somehow it was our fault that they didn't release new group content for 10 months.

This needs to be elaborated.

Blizzard also fails to realize that these same individuals DID have things they could do, they were just choosing not to do it. While I was going after achieves, levelling alts, and working on transmog, they were in the cities screaming "nothing to do."

Just the other day we had someone in the forums here complaing they had nothing to do.

Did he have pet battles done? no!
Did he pvp? no!
Did have any reps at exalted? no!
Did he at least raid? no! All he did was LFR!

Stop catering to people who say they have nothing to do when they've only played about 30% of the game!

The rest of us who actually spend time playing this game are getting burnt out and eventually . . . we're gonna snap!

You have two groups of players in this game: ADD and OCD. You can not cater to both at the same time!
94 Gnome Mage
It feels like too soon to me---of course, I felt like 5.1 was too soon too. Then again, our guild just finally got enough people to ilvl 460 to start in on Stone Guard this week.....Message being, there are a whole lot of different levels of play and it's hard to satisfy everyone. At least the new content is gated so that we might be able to keep the raid team together on the tier 14 content even after 5.2 drops, since I think only 3 of us have the required 480 ilvl. The loss of the Elder Charms (rare drops off 5.2 content aren't going to help toons that aren't geared enough to do 5.2 content Blizz, seriously---you might as well have eliminated them from the game) is really going to severely hurt the gearing up for the rest of the raid team, though.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think Bashiok is my favorite Blue... I appreciate your level-headed response, B.
100 Gnome Warlock
I'd also like it if people would stop with the ridiculous strawmanning of what people are saying, but that's not likely to happen.

There's a balance between to be reached between "Tier today, new tier tomorrow" and the ICC/DS situation where we were stuck with 1 boss per 4-6 weeks, and Blizzard is killing this tier early for no fathomable reason. They can't even say it's because players are bored when less than 40% of progression raiders have even set foot inside of Terrace, let alone cleared it, on normals alone.
100 Human Priest
I'd also like it if people would stop with the ridiculous strawmanning of what people are saying, but that's not likely to happen.

There's a balance between to be reached between "Tier today, new tier tomorrow" and the ICC/DS situation where we were stuck with 1 boss per 4-6 weeks, and Blizzard is killing this tier early for no fathomable reason. They can't even say it's because players are bored when less than 40% of progression raiders have even set foot inside of Terrace, let alone cleared it, on normals alone.

Maybe people need to get out of the mindset that once a new tier is out you are no longer allowed to run the old one.

If your guild has a bunch of people in the 470-480 ilvl range there's absolutely nothing wrong with still running the previous tier just because a new one is out.

What Blizzard is doing, IMO, is moving things along at a faster pace so that when they are done releasing content before the next expansion, people will have much longer to go before they hit that "OMG IM SICK OF NO NEW CONTENT" wall.
100 Human Mage
There are 16 bosses you have to clear on normal and then heroic, recruiting is hard enough since you changed your recruitment forums years back to be a giant clusterf* and to top it off, HOLIDAYS that maybe didn't matter when we were younger but now that we're not - we can't skip em anymore.

I'm pretty irate atm and just venting but I wish you'd give us more than TWO WEEKS notice sometimes. TWO WEEKS??? Used to give us a month or two. Thanks for nothing.

I'm not really sure what she is complaining about. How can new content be bad? If you still are working on the old content, what's stopping you from continuing to do so?
100 Blood Elf Priest
Brace yourselves. Content's coming quicker than it has in the past. Step up your game if you want to stay relevant. Or maybe resign to the fact that you and your raid group are, maybe, not as good as you think you are.

Raiding content isn't designed for the masses to clear Heroic content. In fact, that Heroic content is FOR those folks in the miniscule percentages that cleared Sunwell pre-nerf, or where rocking Naxx pre-TBC.
100 Human Priest

This exactly.

If you guys had read any of the dozens of numbers posted in this thread you wouldn't say that honestly. The clear rates right now are somehwere in the neighborhood of the orignal Naxx numbers. That, combined with the ZERO 25man testing... well I for one am extremely worried, slow content is bad, but rushed, unfinished and buggy content (as well as woefully tuned) is even worse.

Coming out "quickly" is not the same as "rushed". GC told us they had a team working on 5.2 while another team was working on 5.1 way back at launch. In other words, they've been working on 5.2 for at least 5 months. Is that rushed?
90 Night Elf Druid
02/11/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Gillyy
If you still are working on the old content, what's stopping you from continuing to do so?

People feel like they are racing themselves. Or more likely they judge the game by the gear they aquire as opposed to the challenges they overcame.
100 Draenei Hunter
There are 16 bosses you have to clear on normal and then heroic...

But you don't have to clear them on normal and heroic. You don't HAVE to clear them on normal.

Last week of Feb is a bit faster than I thought this would be, but come on, once a build hits the PTR you know the patch ~60 days out at most. And really, what's the metric for releasing a patch? 20% of raids that have started this tier clearing it on normal? 50%? 90%? At some point your progress is YOUR issue.

Look, my guild had some issues getting a raid group together this patch (holidays, conflicts, etc.) and really just picked up normals 2 weeks ago. Last night we finally put together a regular group that didn't require PUGs. Night one, we killed 5/6 MSV. Tonight we'll probably kill Emp and a couple of HoF bosses. It's VERY unlikely we'll be 16/16N just because of the super-late start and the fact that we're a 2 night a week group. Now, sure it would be nice if the patch was a few weeks later and we could do go 16/16 before 5.2 but most of us have seen the content on LFR and we're raiding normals for... wait for it... fun. Yes, FUN! I know... how retro.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]