Hi Winterhoof, server overview?

1 Human Priest
Greetings, I wanted to ask here, how is your server? I noticed that it is listed as 'medium pop' but Blizz has a tendency to note any server with more than 17 people on it as Medium these days.

Good AH?
Easy enough to get 40 people together for Sha on weekends?
Anything else I should know when considering Winterhoof?

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This server is fast approaching it's death. There's a grand total of 3 guilds that have cleared normal mode. Wowprogress has us ranked 210 out of 246 US guilds.

Sha groups aren't too hard to find.

I can't really comment on the AH, but from what I've heard, it's pretty bad.

There is still quite a few people here, it's just that few of them actually do anything. It's almost impossible to pug replacements for your raid - the few times I've tried, I've only got people in greens or blue PvP gear with no gems or enchants.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
its the ghetto of wow
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
As far as the realm's concerned, the forum alone's indicative of its decline. Today, perhaps a half dozen people comprise the majority of content posted here. Crafting threads, progression topics, guild recruitment, and realm activity threads haven't really been maintained on this forum in some time.

If you're a new player, I'd suggest an established realm if you're looking for specific activities. If you're looking for statistics to help find another server, I'd check http://wow.realmpop.com/ to help find one based on your timezone, the realm type you'd prefer, population, and desired faction balance.

It's depressing I couldn't paint a rosy image of the server; I'm highly reluctant to say it's a fabulous place for newbies and incoming transfers seeking opportunities.
Edited by Glance on 2/11/2013 6:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
As far as the realm's concerned, the forum alone's indicative of its decline. Today, perhaps a half dozen people comprise the majority of content posted here. Crafting threads, progression topics, guild recruitment, and realm activity threads haven't really been maintained on this forum in some time.

If you're a new player, I'd suggest an established realm if you're looking for specific activities. If you're looking for statistics to help find another server, I'd check http://wow.realmpop.com/ to help find one based on your timezone, the realm type you'd prefer, population, and desired faction balance.

It's depressing I couldn't paint a rosy image of the server; I'm highly reluctant to say it's a fabulous place for newbies and incoming transfers seeking opportunities.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Sadly, it is the truth.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest

I transferred 3 toons here......this is the only one left and the only reason why this one is here is because of a irl friend who said this realm has great opportunities to which I haven't seen yet. Oh and because my main server is full on character slots atm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Once upon a time, it used to be a pretty fun place. I come back from deployment and it goes to hell. I hope when I come back from this next deployment sometime in july it's better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
does the navy accept recruit a friends

take me with you i will be promoted to high ranks and great opportunities with the recruit a friend. triple xp. come on we can both become generals
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
someone say my name, i need attention damn it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/13/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Çréêpshøw
someone say my name, i need attention damn it!

You're probably half the forum's posts, Creep. Keep up the great work!
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Death Knight
ITS DEAD, THEIR ALL DEAD, ITS ALL GONE, JOHNNY CAN'T FEEL HIS LEGS
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/14/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Maverus
ITS DEAD, THEIR ALL DEAD, ITS ALL GONE, JOHNNY CAN'T FEEL HIS LEGS

/golfclap

Well put, sir.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Winterhoof was once a great server back in the WOTLK days. No Quarter, Makaveli were some of the great guilds that rocked this server in-terms of Alliance. It's a great place for new players to come join, but as for veteran/hardcore players. The only great thing that this server would be beneficial for you is to top server records.
Edited by Anatherious on 3/13/2013 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHLdg_VNww

for anybody who wants to come to this server
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It's a great place for new players to come join

wrong, this server is bad....

This server is fast approaching it's death
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Winterhoof was once a great server back in the WOTLK days. No Quarter, Makaveli were some of the great guilds that rocked this server in-terms of Alliance. It's a great place for new players to come join, but as for veteran/hardcore players. The only great thing that this server would be beneficial for you is to top server records.

This server's okay if you're looking for someplace quiet and I frequently take advantage of cross-realm groups to run stuff like the Darkmoon Rabbit, help kill rares on Isle of Thunder, or for Sha of Anger groups. Of course, the quietness is unnerving if you're trying to find opportunities here - especially after being displaced from the raiding scene after months of inactivity.

Being 2-3 hours behind most players doesn't help, either. If you're looking for raid spots scheduled outside the 5-8 CST window, you're out of luck here. The server's already closed shop by the time I log in most nights. Even my guild's usually wrapping things up whenever I log in for the evening. While I entertained the idea of creating a late night raid team, the daunting task of finding 4-5 people including a tank and raid leader wasn't appealing to me.

I used to raid lead, PuG, and recruit here and found it desperately in need of people. Recently, I've been in a few Sha and Galleon groups which formed at night with 30-35 people - the bulk of the online level 90 population. This server used to have a more robust 'midnight community' as I used to call it, but that's since died and I've moved an alt off-realm in hopes of landing more opportunities.

Part of the problem is that people need to figure how to revitalise Winterhoof despite its scant player resources. Having guilds provide more outreach through 25's and PuG's - even if it's legacy or farm content - could help if people are truly bored and have nothing better to do. Considering there are a number of achievement hounds and we even had a robust 'Winterhoof Mount and Pet Collectors Census' thread, crafting lists, and numerous recruitment posts, there is still uncultivated talent on this server. There even used to be transmog contents and meetups in Org and SW after the feature was introduced, too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Its defiantly a low activity server. It can be a little tough to find people but since CRZ was implemented it isn't really all that difficult. If your looking for a server with a few individuals who all know each other it might be for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
we are always up to something in camelot and we still have alot of fun
we have many lvl 90s and are doing raids and lots of fun runs all are welcome
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The AH is moderately active, a few desired things would be missing.
It is easier to form raid groups when the same active people are online.
Winterhoof has a low-quality PvP Ladder. The Battlegroup is decent.
Most people I met that transfered here only did it for a friend.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The AH is moderately active, a few desired things would be missing.
It is easier to form raid groups when the same active people are online.
Winterhoof has a low-quality PvP Ladder. The Battlegroup is decent.
Most people I met that transfered here only did it for a friend.

I don't know if people still do it, but I've met people who transferred here to earn arena ratings and left one they got their titles when the seasons ended.

That'd be poisonous to new players, since the people focusing on higher-end content are less likely to help levelers and newbies. Most veteran players wouldn't look at a new player unless it's somebody whom they know. The realm's too ensnared in its own dramas to be welcoming to newcomers. Judging from the realm forum, you can tell Winterhoof's belly-up: the same half dozen people joking amongst themselves comprise the bulk of the topics here.

I find myself logging into my Winterhoof toons less frequently, unless it's to say 'hi' to guildies or to play cross realm. This just isn't someplace where I'd like to play much anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]