Monday, February 11, 2013

90 Night Elf Druid
It's my birthday again. Here is a kid (small goat) trying to jump.

http://i.imgur.com/94srocZ.gif
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I'd call that a success.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/11/2013 05:14 AMPosted by Sinlinara
I'd call that a success.
Same.

Also, I have been bored and reading the general forums. I found this....

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7864486403

Seems like there is hope for people after all.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Happy real-life ding day, Silver.

02/11/2013 04:27 AMPosted by Silversol
http://i.imgur.com/94srocZ.gif

He meant to do that, didn't you know? It's all part of a crafty plan.

Ewwwwww, Prodon has General cooties! ^_~ And I was a horrible person and didn't whisper hello to you last night when I logged in for about 5 minutes.

*vanishes in a puff of steam*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Ewwwwww, Prodon has General cooties! ^_~ And I was a horrible person and didn't whisper hello to you last night when I logged in for about 5 minutes.

No one wants to talk to me anymore, besides Silver and his ERP trap stories. :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Using a tongue should not summon people. The Tongue of Ba-Shon
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
02/07/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Coreanshammy
. Other games such as League of Legends have been rapidly growing, and Mists of Pandaria expansion did not help much; if it did not hurt in fact.

The comparisons to how many players WoW has and League of Legends has greatly amuses me. Even if you are only counting how many players regularly play League of Legends it nearly triples WoW's 12mil peak.

Meanwhile on Steam...

Top games by current player count:
Current Players-----Peak today-----Game
96,007---------------273,967--------Dota 2
36,450---------------68,832----------Team Fortress 2
30,183---------------68,230----------The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Just saying, Dota and Dota based games seem to be unfairly popular in comparison to other games.
Edited by Sinlinara on 2/11/2013 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This has been your random SinFact of the day.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
And Silversol breaks out of the gate with an amazingly timed reply. But can he steal the gold out from underneath Prodon's... Actually, I no longer want to continue this horse race metaphor.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Using a tongue should not summon people. The Tongue of Ba-Shon
It does if you use it right! :D

02/11/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Sinlinara
. Other games such as League of Legends have been rapidly growing, and Mists of Pandaria expansion did not help much; if it did not hurt in fact.

The comparisons to how many players WoW has and League of Legends has greatly amuses me. Even if you are only counting how many players regularly play League of Legends it nearly triples WoW's 12mil peak.

Meanwhile on Steam...

Top games by current player count:
Current Players-----Peak today-----Game
96,007---------------273,967--------Dota 2
36,450---------------68,832----------Team Fortress 2
30,183---------------68,230----------The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Just saying, Dota and Dota based games seem to be unfairly popular in comparison to other games.
I have played a little bit of LoL. Granted I have not logged into for (guessing here) about a year.

Also, what the hell is Dota? I saw someone say the other night in a bg "every1 but me n pordon should delete wow and go back to dota." It bothered me for a few reasons. One his spelling, two his spelling of my name, and the fact that I have no damn idea what Dota was. So I have no clue if it was an insult or not.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
DotA (short for Defense of the Ancients) is a Warcraft 3 mod that was so popular that it flooded most of the game listings. Since then, many games have tried to reproduce this in various different ways, which gives us games like Heroes of Newerth. Eventually, Guinsoo, one of the developers for the original DotA, left and formed RIOT and made League of Legends. A long while later, Valve comes into the picture and gives the other DotA developers the resources to make DotA 2, with IceFrog, the original mods longest-serving developer, being the Lead Developer for the game.
DotA 2 features a much more interesting lore, modernized graphics, multiple updates such as the quick-buy system, all while still retaining the same characters, abilities, and nuances of the original DotA. DotA 2 is also a much more nuanced game than League of Legends and has a bit more of a learning curve. Strategies such as pulling a lane, jungle denying, jungle stacking, and having high and low ground make it a much more interesting and skill based e-sport, where League of Legends usually tends to cater towards more casual players. You could make the analogy that DotA is to Street Fighter what League of Legends is to Super Smash Brothers.

Among my friends, we compare these games to movies. DotA was the original, Heroes of Newerth was the exploitation film, League of Legends was the spiritual successor, and DotA 2 was the even more awesome sequel.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Could've just said it was you in the BG trolling Pordon.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I don't troll people.

I do, however, tease them endlessly about being a hat.

Which Prodon is.

The hat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Is it a fedora? Because that would be so awesome. I should buy one irl...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Hand knit beanie with teddy bear ears and a little teddy bear face.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
This, basically:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/84340776/knitting-pattern-only-baby-teddy-bear
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
That is not nearly as cool as I was hoping....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]